Skipper Duke

Long time Dukes of Hazzard fan since TNN 1996

Recommended Posts

I am Robert John Broadhurst II. Dukes fan since TNN 1996. I was 9 years old. Now I am 33. I will be a fan forever. One can not ever get bored with The Dukes of Hazzard. My other shows are Gilligan's Island and The Andy Griffith Show. Fan of those since age 3 1990. One can not ever get bored of the island or Mayberry either. Looking forward to chatting with y'all. Have been trying to join since 2012 to no avail. I have finally been successful. Have a good evening/morning wherever y'all may be in the world. Catch y'all on the flip side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so happy you finally joined Skipper. I might even change my name to Gilligan Duke just so you can call me Little Buddy.....just kidding. Just to let you HazzardNet folks know, I joined Facebook just to do Dukes stuff and requested some Dukes fans for friends and Robert was the first to accept. And he's a bit of a legend in the Dukes Facebook community so I wouldn't be too surprised if some of his friends follow him to the HazzardNet. So let me tip a glass of Enos's finest buttermilk to my first FB friend and now my friend on HN....Skipper Duke! It's good to have you here cousin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pleasure. You have been a fan of this website for so long it's about time you joined. I was surprised at how well you know all the active and former members here on HN but since you have been reading the posts here for 10 years I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. We're so excited to have yoi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HossC said:

Welcome to HNet, Skipper. I approved your posts last night but forgot to say "hi". :oops:

Hello Hoss C. Now I can finally ask you this. Always wanted to. Do you use Hoss C for as in Hoss Cartwright Dan Blocker's Bonanza character?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

Do you use Hoss C for as in Hoss Cartwright Dan Blocker's Bonanza character?

You're correct, it is a Bonanza reference. Hoss seemed like a good screen name for HNet as a couple of incidental characters get referred to by that name (see below). I can't remember why I couldn't just choose plain "Hoss" (with no "C") - maybe it was too short -  but for whatever reason, I added the "C" as a nod the best known Hoss on TV :).

HelpHoss.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HossC said:

You're correct, it is a Bonanza reference. Hoss seemed like a good screen name for HNet as a couple of incidental characters get referred to by that name (see below). I can't remember why I couldn't just choose plain "Hoss" (with no "C") - maybe it was too short -  but for whatever reason, I added the "C" as a nod the best known Hoss on TV :).

HelpHoss.jpg

 

Cool references

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Meadowmufn said:

Welcome, Skipper! Nice to have you aboard. Love the avatar. I used to watch Gilligan's Island a lot and, next to the Professor, the Skipper was my favorite character. ;)

Hi Meadowmufn. Thanks. Great to be in the HN fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Meadowmufn said:

Welcome, Skipper! Nice to have you aboard. Love the avatar. I used to watch Gilligan's Island a lot and, next to the Professor, the Skipper was my favorite character. ;)

LOL I just told Robert a couple days ago that the professor was my favorite too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HossC said:

You're correct, it is a Bonanza reference. Hoss seemed like a good screen name for HNet as a couple of incidental characters get referred to by that name (see below). I can't remember why I couldn't just choose plain "Hoss" (with no "C") - maybe it was too short -  but for whatever reason, I added the "C" as a nod the best known Hoss on TV :).

HelpHoss.jpg

 

Waylon said hoss quite a few times in 7 years but I can't remember anybody else saying it except for this scene when the boys saw that big boy's two pea shooters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Waylon said hoss quite a few times in 7 years but I can't remember anybody else saying it except for this scene when the boys saw that big boy's two pea shooters. 

HossC yep Bo said it to Lester Starr and JoJo ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...