The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

On 10/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, RogerDuke said:

As long as you paint the Ferrari orange, put 01 on the doors and a Confederate Flag on the roof I'll do my best to send that money out tonight. The check should get to you by Monday.

Here's a picture of a Lamborghini that I posted from last year's Cannonball Run. It's orange and Italian, and they've got 01 on the doors, but there's no roof to put a flag on!

GeneralLambo.jpg

Thanks for reposting this Hoss. I just love anybody who loves the Dukes enough to do something like this. It's a busy weekend for us. We had a wedding and a football game last night. Today we have another game and a birthday party. Tomorrow I have to replace the serpentine belt that came off the SUV last night. I hope I can replace it by myself.....might need youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

If the duke boys drove that Roscoe would have never caught them, though I doubt they'd do any jumping in it. 

Went thru over 1500 pics on the trail camera today and ended up catching the "varmint" we've been having issues with on about a dozen pictures so emailed them to the prosecutor's office, hope to hear back from them tomorrow. 

Last Friday Night-Saturday Morning the wife's car got ransacked, the one time she forgot to lock one door. Called the police but that was pointless as they know who it is and don't care since all the guy ever takes is change. Told the officer I can put a camera in the one car if a pic of the guy would be helpful but then was told yeah but only call us if he steals something more than change. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been an interesting few weeks... Had the cops out again for the neighbor and his buddy, either they don't learn or just don't give a flip about what the judge said. Went thru the trail camera sd card and seen that the "buddy" was over several times during september and october, neighbor has been sneaking him in & out at night and having him wear black clothing so the camera wouldn't pick him up, of course the buddy was stupid enough to come out during the day a few times. The arresting officer ended up showing up again and told the neighbor if he brings his buddy around anymore that there is room for the both of them in the back of his squad car. So hopefully the neighbor heeds that warning and we don't have to deal with this BS anymore. 

Been trying to finish up the sliding drawers I've been building for our entertainment center but mother nature has been really uncooperative :lol: either raining or today it's sleet and snow. Hopefully the forecasted sunny weather holds out for this weekend.

Did make it to a local park to take some fall foliage pics last week:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050781206_ba2033e11c_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050993207_40c5a11dbe_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050776386_8b1ed4e6c7_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050265498_a2cd77ad87_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050262748_881aac4685_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050256558_625212ea03_h.jpg

and one looney little Nuthatch https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49050250318_935b1a5aaf_h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Great to hear from you again. You've been missed. We hope you find time between all those jobs to log in more often. I wonder if your dogs were barking at Hobie. I hear he's been sneaking around lately looking for a spot for a new still. 

Now this IS true.....HOWEVER.....I gave your dogs a little of the good stuff ( my shine) and they promised to keep it to themselves!  ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't win for losing. Neighbor whined about our "security camera", even got his lawyer involved and today when I got home found a note on our door from management to remove the trail camera or we'll be in violation of blah blah blah. That's ok I'll just stick it to our front door, shouldn't be in violation of any stupid rule there. Guess you have to have a lawyer on retention to get any justice with management with all the BS we've and other neighbors had to deal with from this guy and his buddy over the years. Sure am gonna miss seeing pics of which birds visit my feeders. Got a lot of nice pics of the neighbor flipping us the bird too :lol: . 

Finally got finished with the drawers for the entertainment center over the weekend. I don't know who built this entertainment center but they must've had a bit too much 'shine the night before lol. One side of the shelf section was a 1/4 inch less width than the other and the detail molding was backwards on the one side so I had to make spacer blocks for the drawer sliders. I based my drawers off this design https://www.joann.com/large-shallow-pine-wood-crate/16249690.html but I used a solid front and back piece of 1 x 4 and a couple of 1 x 8's I had laying around for the bottoms and for the sides I used some lathe/lattice I found at the local menards, they sell it in bundles. 

Hope y'all had a good thanksgiving. We ate at relatives so I didn't have to cook :banana: . After dinner we did a little bit of shopping and shockingly everybody was civilized, stopping at walmart I was expecting what we went thru a few years ago with tv's, dvd/bluray players and video game systems flying over our heads but nope everybody was cordial and a couple even let us cut in line at the register since we only had a couple of items in our hands and they had a cart full. The wildgame trail camera Walmart had on sale was a good buy. The pictures and video are clear and crisp, my only complaints is it is set for 16:9 and not 4:3 and you can't change that setting and also you can't set it for burst picture mode where it will take 3 pics, it will only take one.

Let me know if you get any pictures of Flash "chasin' them possums through the woods" on that new game trail camera of yours. Or better yet, post the pictures on HazzardNet.

We're expecting a half a foot of snow tonight and it's the heavy greasy type so Cooter should be busy in the morning pulling all those cars out of the ditch. 

I would if I could Roger but I had to take the camera down due to the neighbor. You know what really bugs me, we've complained for over a year to the manager about the neighbor and his buddy, other neighbors have complained about them and heck even the manager of the complex next door complained about these two yet not a dang thing was done. Yet that jackwagon complains one time and sicks his lawyer on management and we get a notice of violation. And to top it off manager went on to say those ring doorbell cameras are not allowed either. I felt like balling up that notice and walking into the office and telling the manager where he could shove it. All the years we've lived here we've been good renters and neighbors, always paid on time, cleaned up around our area, shoveled the walks in front of us if I was up before maintenance got here, even planted leftover flowers from flats I bought in front of vacant apartments, never a bad mark on our rental history here till now. as the Alice Cooper song goes No More Mr. Nice Guy. I'm done being a good neighbor and going out of my way cleaning  or shoveling. If one of the neighbors slips and falls this winter and I witness it I will stand with them if they sue the company that owns the property. Can't wait till our lease is up next year!

I'm even debating if I want to put the Christmas tree up this year, got it out of storage the other day but I don't even feel like putting it up anymore. At least it was nice seeing a sunrise this morning, not seeing one of those in over a week is depressing.

If you would like me to help you figure a way to be home owners and not renters, let me know. I might be able to help. I'm big on business, finances, stock market  Dave Ramsey, etc. And yes, I came from a poor family...VERY poor and when I got married in 2000, I payed CASH for my house! I can show you many ways to OYO * !!  

* Own Your Own!

Sorry to hear things haven't improved Spike. I'm very lucky to live in the woods with only one neighbor. They have been like family to me since 1979 when I bought my property at 19. I wish I could give you advice except for this.....Don't lose your temper. Your neighbor and his buddy aren't worth it. Before you know it you'll be out of there and this will all be in the past. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and well now I have to wear glasses. Guess I never noticed how bad my eyes were since it's been so gradual over time. When I first put them on it was like seeing the world in HD. 

Finally got the Christmas tree up but since we couldn't find the extension cord its not lit up this year,  we'll probably find the dang cord after we take the tree down that's how it usually goes :lol: . Though we do have 2 lit up Christmas trees in front of our living room window. Back in October we found this Porch Christmas tree, wreath and garland set on sale at the local Ace Hardware store for 75% off so we set up the trees. They're battery powered which is a major plus as long as I don't forget to take the batteries out when I put them up. 

Was looking forward to a white Christmas but it looks like that's not gonna happen, one station is even saying we could hit 50 degrees on Christmas day. Did get half an inch this morning though so at least it looks kind of wintery at least for a while. 

Thanks for the offer Hobie, might take you up on it. Roger I always try and keep a cool head but sometimes the devil just wants to get out of me lol.

My one cousin started a business and the wife and I have taken up part time gigs with her so after Christmas we'll be socking that money away in savings and try not too touch it unless we absolutely need to. Before all the madness this year we thought my mother in law and brother in law were nuts for moving way out into the country but now we're looking to find a home with some space between neighbors. That's about all that's been going on around here, been quiet with the neighbor besides him gloating about "winning" about our trail camera. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's guys. I know I'm looking forward to 2020, the next decade has got to be better than the 2010's have been.

I think I'm going to get my first pair of glasses too Spike. My right eye is getting bad. I also think our snow will be melted here by Christmas since it's supposed to hit 40 every day. Shucks....I love White Christmases. Glad to hear your health is improving Hobie. It seems like everybody gets sick after Thanksgiving with all those travelers spreading germs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad my wife and I got our flu shots this year, seems like everybody in my family got the flu or is catching it, knock on wood so far we've been feeling pretty good. 

Last week started out lousy, but Christmas was good and ended lousy. Monday I noticed a puddle under the car checked under the hood and noticed the coolant tank was low, either the hose going to the water pump or the water pump itself, unfortunately my mechanic headed out of town for a few days but hopefully he made it back over the weekend to fix it today. For Christmas I got a few blurays and dvd's, a Roku streaming dongle, and some clothes. I put a roast in the slow cooker for Christmas dinner and it came out delicious. The lousy end to the week was because of the neighbor and his buddy again :roll: , couldn't prove his buddy was there since our security camera is no longer up but good lord our apartment reeked like he was there.

This weather is so crazy, local weather forecaster said this December was on of our hottest December's on record, most of the days were well above normal temps. And if not for the forecasted snowfall tomorrow would've been the least snowiest December on record, supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tomorrow. 

Check your local listings there will be a new channel starting up Jan.1st called Circle. It's supposed to be a Country station with country music videos and concerts and reruns of HeeHaw and other various shows. Was thinking about shooting them an email about acquiring broadcast rights to air Dukes of Hazzard.

You guys have a Happy New Year :cheers: