Weekend plans

RogerDuke

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm heading out to the dirt track tonight and kayaking tomorrow. This is the first Memorial Day weekend in 22 years that I haven't had to work overtime. 

Enjoy your weekend, Roger! We'll be doing some grilling if the weather is good. Other than that, not a whole lot of plans.

10 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

On the way to the dirt track last night I was wearing my 01 hat and Northeast Ohio Dukes shirt when "What was I thinking?" came on the radio so I got to hear "hood sliding like Bo Duke.".......and one of the races had an orange 01 car. It didn't do well but still, it was a great night to live like a Duke boy. 

Even over here we sometimes see that. Unfortunately the banger races where they were have not been here locally the last few years.

This weekend might be hot, but I'm staying inside! Porsche Supercup and Formula One in Monaco which will be followed up by the Indy 500. Busy day of watching Television! :D

1 hour ago, Roth Potter said:

Even over here we sometimes see that. Unfortunately the banger races where they were have not been here locally the last few years.

This weekend might be hot, but I'm staying inside! Porsche Supercup and Formula One in Monaco which will be followed up by the Indy 500. Busy day of watching Television! :D

I'm watching the Monaco Grand Prix now. I may try and catch the Indy 500 later.

It's the June bank holiday weekend here in Ireland, which is always the time for the annual comedy festival. I've just got back from my second show of the day, and my friend got dragged up on stage while the comedian got the audience to shout his name. It was his own fault for shouting something out. We were in the second row, and I knew to stay quiet!

Tomorrow is as close as I'll get to Dukes - one of the acts I'm seeing is from Georgia :).

11 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

Who? Not that I know them probably... But still.

It was Reginald D Hunter who I saw tonight. I was going to post a video of his stand-up, but most of it contains a fair amount of swearing, so I decided to go for an interview instead (there's a little of his stand-up in the middle).

• 2 weeks later...

I cut some firewood Sunday and had my dad come and pick it up for his father's day present. He can't get around much anymore so he can't get his own firewood. He's never been a Dukes fan but he does have an old white Ford pick-up truck....not as old as Jesse's though. My daughter, son-in-law and grandson took me to see the Han Solo movie.