Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

As you can probably tell from his name, this guy's obviously from Scotland :).

I love this song! This song has always reminded me of the Dukes for some reason. Perhaps it is just me... :D

It was in the 2005 movie - one of the only good things about the movie IMHO ;).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well K-Duke, it looks like I'm stealing your whole song title again :).

This song dates back to 1957, and appears on my Bacharach and David album:

The Story Of My Life - Marty Robbins

In the UK it was a hit a year later for

. It must be a popular title, because when I went to YouTube and typed "The Story of my Life", neither of these songs came up!

I hope y'all will excuse me for playing this out of turn, but I saw the sad news earlier that country legend George Jones had passed away at the age of 81. R.I.P. George Glenn Jones (September 12, 1931 – April 26, 2013). Here's a duet with his ex-wife:

Two Story House - George Jones & Tammy Wynette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVL3p4DvWqk

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, today's post is another tribute. I've just read that Ray Manzarek, co-founder and keyboardist of The Doors, has died at the age of 74. I've posted several Doors songs before, so I'll stick to thread rules and link this one to the previous one (Ray is the one with glasses):

Love Me Two Times - The Doors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_0nU7RdPU

RIP. Raymond Daniel Manczarek, Jr. (February 12, 1939 – May 20, 2013)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to steal the whole title again :).

I don't know if this track is dubstep or drum and bass (or should that be drum 'n' bass?). Either way, I think it's the first of its genre in this thread.

The video contains some '80s-style arcade machine action.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just read the sad news that yodeling country/folk sing Slim Whitman has passed away at 90. His 1955 hit

held the record for longest time at #1 in the UK charts for 36 years. Although he had most of his success between the '50s and '70s, his music played a large part in the plot of the 1996 movie 'Mars Attacks' (the Martians heads exploded when they heard his
).

To keep in with the last post, and to follow the rules of this thread, I'm going for:

I Remember You - Slim Whitman

RIP. Ottis Dewey Whitman, Jr. (January 20, 1923 – June 19, 2013)

I had planned to post 'When My Ship Comes In', a folk song by Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, but I couldn't find it. While I was searching YouTube I found this song with the same name, and gave it a listen to see if it was the same song. It wasn't, but I enjoyed it anyway, and although various Clint Black songs have been posted before, this one hasn't:

When My Ship Comes In - Clint Black

I had planned to post 'When My Ship Comes In', a folk song by Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, but I couldn't find it. While I was searching YouTube I found this song with the same name, and gave it a listen to see if it was the same song. It wasn't, but I enjoyed it anyway, and although various Clint Black songs have been posted before, this one hasn't:

When My Ship Comes In - Clint Black

Hoss- I love Clint Black's music and this is one of my favorite songs by him.

And just as much as I loved the song you picked out, I am absolutely positive you will love the song I have picked out...as well as this awesome video. After all, how could you not love this song or video or band? ;)