Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

(Season 3 Ring Around Gilligan)

Skipper:"Gilligan! Wake up!" Gilligan:"Ooh my arms! I must have strained them when I was sleeping." Skipper:"Never mind that! I suppose you don't know anything about that!? What are you trying to do, corner the coconut market?" Gilligan:"I didn't do that Skipper! I hate work. In fact, I'm pro lazy!" Skipper:"First you wreck the raft, now this. I oughta give you a big fat lip!" Gilligan:"Hey Skipper. You got a ring just like mine." Skipper:"For goodness sake, where'd I get that?" Gilligan:"Maybe you got it as a prize among those coconuts."(Loud chatter oof camera.) Skipper:"Wow! I wonder what's going on out there? Ooop! You always stand on my feet! Awe!" (Gilligan & Skipper leave hut.) Skipper:"What's all the excitement about huh?" Gilligan:"Hey Skipper, look they all have rings like us."

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to put Season and Episode.

Gilligan's Island fans... I bring y'all sad news! American Patrol Co. The inheritor of R. I. P. Lancaster Uniform Cap Co.(1929-2011)templates is recovering from a surgery and not sure he wants to continue products at this time. He's my pal. We talk regular. I checked in on him and he said:

"Hi Robert, good to hear from you.  I’m getting somewhat better, thank you.  I’ve mostly decided not to make products at this time. If someone you know is interested in buying me out of my cap making business let me know." I asked him "You had a good long run?" He said:"Like my enough, 25 years.  I have two principal companies, a hat making and a canvas making.  I’ll sell them each separately."

He even said to me before "You are the biggest authority on The Skipper hat that I know of."

(Season 1 Goodbye, Island)

Skipper:"Well ladies. Here's to a new taste treat! (Tries to eat a bite of pancake, but snaps back to the plate.) Mary Ann:"Oh Skipper!" Skipper:"That's something I likes, syrup with a lot body to it! Ha ha ha!"(He tries to eat the pancake again but with the same results. Now he is becoming increasingly frustrated.)"What are these? Pancakes or yoyos!?" Mrs. Howell:"Thurston I can't cut this!" Mr. Howell:"Yes they seem to be sticking a bit!" Ginger:"Gee I've seen brand new girdles that weren't as snappy as this!" Skipper:"It's beginning to be like glue, even worse!" Professor:"Yes. It certainly is! it's setting like cement!" Gilligan:"It sure is! Look!"(pulls on his fork, and it vibrates back and forth. *boing*)

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to put season and episode.

(Season 2 Agonized Labor)

Skipper:"Believe me Mr. Howell, as long as we're all together on this island, it won't make any difference to us if you have any money or not." Ginger:"But I know you'll have money Mr. Howell! I can just feel it." Gilligan:"Sure you will Mr. Howell! All you gotta do is, get a job and go to work." Mr. Howell:"Work!?"(He starts to leave.) Mrs. Howell:"Thurston, where are you going?" Mr. Howell:"Back to the cliff!"

FB_IMG_1639657883451

Edited by Skipper Duke
Couldn't get the link to work

(Season 1 Two on a Raft)

Skipper:"Before you put that shellac on, make sure that mast is secure!" Gilligan:"Oh! The mast is strong enough to hold the sail." Skipper:"Gilligan! It might have to hold us, if we run into a storm out there. Oh never mind! I'll check it myself. Not bad! Not bad at all! Gilligan, you're doing a good job. What are you doing with that?" Gilligan:"Oh. The Professor made this shellac out of coconut sap and sugar. You want some?" Skipper:"No! Now finish up that job! And stop eating that shellac! Ooop!" Gilligan:"Watch the rope Skipper!" Skipper:"Thanks a lot Gilligan! Where is the putty the Professor made?" Gilligan:"Oh. The putty is delicious Skipper! He made it out of crushed mangos and berry seeds. Mmmmp." Gilligan:"Hey Skipper?" Skipper:"What!" Gilligan:"This would be great frozen. A Shellac cicle!" Skipper:"Gilligan! Can I make you understand this? We are not going out there for a joyride! It might get pretty rough out there!"

(Season 2 Chain of Command)

Gilligan:"I made it myself Skipper. It'll probably save a lot of lives!"(Gilligan is exercising a bow and arrow he made. Skipper takes it from him and tries it out. It bends and breaks in half.) Skipper:"Yes Gilligan. It'll probably save a lot of lives. A lot of savages lives!"

(Rescue From Gilligan's Island 1978)

Professor:"Last week I invented the electric toothbrush. The week before, pantyhose." Gilligan:"Why don't you invent something that hasn't been invented before?" Skipper:"Oh Gilligan! He knows that already! Only an idiot would invent something that's already been invented!"(Gilligan points at Professor.)Skipper:"I'm sorry Professor. I'm just trying to-" Professor:"It's alright Skipper in my anxiety to create the things I dreamed about on the island. But I fail to recognize some of them may have been created in my absence."

(Season 1 My Fair Gilligan)

Professor:"Skipper. Look at it this way, you're not losing Gilligan. You're gaining a benefactor. As Mr. Howell's son and heir, Gilligan could buy you a whole fleet ships." Skipper:"Professor, it's just that Gilligan's not cut out to be a millionaire's son. BUY ME A WHOLE FLEET OF SHIPS!?"

That Series Alf= Alien Life Form

I saw Alf-Gilligan's Island

Love it

The whole episode I saw it

In the opening scene Alf cracks joke at Willy. He says to Alf "Better hurry if you miss this rerun you'll have to wait 3 weeks before it's on again." Alf retorts "You know. It's people like you who drive quality programming off the air."

How do they conceal patch emblems on hats in movies and tv? The Midway Cap Co. hat of Alan Hale in Rescue From Gilligan's Island(1978) and Alf(1987) the machine made sewn on patch was a patch that didn't look like a patch.

Also on Jim Backus's Midway Cap in Seasons 2(1965-1966 & 3 1966-1967) of the original Gilligan the patch does not look like one. Concealing it is tv and movie trickery? Do they CGI out get rid of the square backing keeping on the hat just the embroidered part of the patch?

Intro to the 1963 Lost Pilot episode Marooned when TBS played it in '90s. Bob Denver:"As a long lost castaway, you might think I've seen it all. But I haven't. Cuz nobody's ever seen the original Pilot of Gilligan's Island. Thanks to TBS, now is my chance, as well as yours to see the show that launched a thousand rescues."