Byron's General Lee For Sale ... Again!

HossC

About 18 months ago, Byron Cherry tried to sell his personally owned General Lee on Ebay for $150,000 (see the HNet homepage article here). The car obviously didn't sell, because it reappeared on Ebay a few months later with a "Buy it now" price of $99,000.

When it didn't sell again, there was an announcement that he was donating the car to the Tim Welborne Muscle Car Museum in Alabama. You can see that thread here (along with a link to a video of Byron and his daughter with the car).

Now, Byron seems to be selling the car on Ebay again (thanks to Mufn for posting the link on the HNet FB page). This time the auction doesn't include all the memorabilia in the trunk. The bids are currently just over $30,000, although the reserve hasn't been met.

Two things interest me about the current Ebay listing. Firstly, there's a link to an advert from January's AutaBuy Magazine where the car was offered at a firm price of $75,000, which included the memorabilia. The second, tucked away at the side, is a link to a YouTube video called "Dukes are Back". This is described as "a test pilot (short) starring Byron Cherry for a possible spin off reboot called Coy & Vance (aka The Dukes are Back.)". The video was uploaded back in 2010, but I've never seen it before. It must've been recorded before the sad passing of Chip Mayer, but some guy named Pat Magnus plays Vance - it's all a bit strange.

How much was the reserve?

Someone asked, and was told "as for price, keep bidding". I think the sale was run through the Ebay account of Byron's agent, Mark Van Woert, who has posted on HNet before with the username markjvanwoert. In case you've missed his previous posts, he also represents Sonny Shroyer and Don Pedro Colley, as well as working as an actor/director/producer under the name Markus James.

• 4 months later...

I couldn't get through the first 3 minutes of that! The " New" Vance, has too much of a Yankee voice. That was one thing that showed how much better Sorrel and Jimmy were than John or Tom as far as their acting. In " My Son Bo Hogg", when they repeated his new name, Bo ( John) kept saying, "Bo Haaag?" and Jimmy and Sorrel said " Bo Hawg!" He's an even worse actor than Byron!!