Arrest Brian Coltrane!

MaryAnne

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*gaze still locked, leans face closer, closing the distance between the two...* If thats what you want me to do...Ill do it... *whispers the answer*

*smiles* Of course you will.... *maintains the close distance for a moment and then turns Alex and herself sideways, so she can reach the cell door. Stands close to Alex while manuevering the key from her gunbelt into her hand and then unlocking the door. looks back at Alex and gives another grin.*

Besides...you've waited a long time to be arrested by me...

*Turns him again so that his back is facing the open cell doorway. Stands dangerously close, backing Alex into the cell. Once he's across the threshold, stops and lingers close for a moment longer, hands clasped on the lapels of his leather jacket. Her lips move closer to his....*

*....and then suddenly she gives him a shove into the cell and quickly closes the cell door* CLANG! *locks it*

*Steps back from the cell and looks at Alex, with apology* I'm sorry, Alex, but it's for your own good.

*smiles* Of course you will.... *maintains the close distance for a moment and then turns Alex and herself sideways, so she can reach the cell door. Stands close to Alex while manuevering the key from her gunbelt into her hand and then unlocking the door. looks back at Alex and gives another grin.*

Besides...you've waited a long time to be arrested by me...

*Turns him again so that his back is facing the open cell doorway. Stands dangerously close, backing Alex into the cell. Once he's across the threshold, stops and lingers close for a moment longer, hands clasped on the lapels of his leather jacket. Her lips move closer to his....*

*....and then suddenly she gives him a shove into the cell and quickly closes the cell door* CLANG! *locks it*

*Steps back from the cell and looks at Alex, with apology* I'm sorry, Alex, but it's for your own good.

*sighs at the shove inside, then turns to see cellmate and sits down on the opposite bunk, leaning over covering face with hands* Yeah for my own good... *says then leans back against the bars*

*sighs at the shove inside, then turns to see cellmate and sits down on the opposite bunk, leaning over covering face with hands* Yeah for my own good... *says then leans back against the bars*

Way to go, man.

*steps close to the cell door again , looking at MaryAnne with a frown*

Either you didn't want me to git lonely in heah, or you got somethin' else up your blue sleeve.

Way to go, man.

Either you didn't want me to git lonely in heah, or you got somethin' else up your blue sleeve.

Aw, I didn't want ya to git lonely. *grins*

Aaaannnd....I might have something else up my sleeve.

Since everybody loves a train wreck...

Way to go, man.

*looks up at Brian* Think of it like this man, if she lets Chet be Lord of the Outlaws and he messes up the town... *grins spreading his arms* neither one of us can be blamed!

Aw, I didn't want ya to git lonely. *grins*

Aaaannnd....I might have something else up my sleeve.

Since everybody loves a train wreck...

*grabs the bars, protesting loudly* NO! MaryAnne, don't do it! Don't give Chet mah title. You might as well take mah leather jacket away and burn it in front of me. Keep me heah as long as you want, put me on the chain gang, send me to Atlanta, but don't do this!

*grabs the bars, protesting loudly* NO! MaryAnne, don't do it! Don't give Chet mah title. You might as well take mah leather jacket away and burn it in front of me. Keep me heah as long as you want, put me on the chain gang, send me to Atlanta, but don't do this!

*the outburst tugs at the deputy's heartstrings. Draws in a breath, expression becoming stoic* I'm sorry, cousin. I can't back down, you know that. I don't want to keep you in here forever. Alex neither. I don't want to send you away. You'll face the punishment. You'll pay the bail. That's it.

*the outburst tugs at the deputy's heartstrings. Draws in a breath, expression becoming stoic* I'm sorry, cousin. I can't back down, you know that. I don't want to keep you in here forever. Alex neither. I don't want to send you away. You'll face the punishment. You'll pay the bail. That's it.

I expected some trouble for throwin' you in heah. But ah nevah expected this much of it. And there's no way that sapsucker dee-serves to walk in mah boots for a single minute.

I expected some trouble for throwin' you in heah. But ah nevah expected this much of it. And there's no way that sapsucker dee-serves to walk in mah boots for a single minute.

*scoffs* of course he doesnt deserve to! He can barely spell Lord of the Outlaws let alone take the title.. *crosses arms over chest glancing up at Brian*

Well, I reckon y'all wear different size boots so you don't have to give up your footwear. Just the title for a spell. Chet may not deserve it, but he's got it as of right now...

*turns to Chet*

Chet Duke! You are hereby appointed as Temporary Actin' Lord of the Outlaws of Hazzard County. I ain't gonna make ya raise your hand and swear and oath to nothin' because...what would be the point? You're supposed to be a bad guy and all, bad guys don't take oaths. Except to each other. Honor among theives. But even then you can't trust that.

HOWEVER...I would advise that you consider the honor which has been placed upon you and keep in mind that it is only temporary.

Don't screw it up.

*pauses and listens* Is that a train whistle I hear?

*reacts to MaryAnne's decree*

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*letting go of the cell bars and turning away, pressing a hand over gut as if wounded...or sickened...*

*stands up and goes to stricken cellmate and reaches out patting the back* steady now... deep breaths... *reaches into inner pocket to take out flask* here....

Thank you! Thank you MaryAnne. It is a great honor and I will not screw it up, and you have releaved me of the threat of Alex. Thank you... thank you.

*Approaches the bars but stays out of reach.* I know how painful this must be Brian... but after all these years... you have no idea what this short time means to me. I will not discrace the name, I promise you I will not dishonor the title. No one can stand in your shoes Brian and I dont aim to be you nor' would I ever be. You should know better that many years ago I learned theres only one Brian Coltrane. *Smiles.*

~Chet

Thank you! Thank you MaryAnne. It is a great honor and I will not screw it up, and you have releaved me of the threat of Alex. Thank you... thank you.

*Approaches the bars but stays out of reach.* I know how painful this must be Brian... but after all these years... you have no idea what this short time means to me. I will not discrace the name, I promise you I will not dishonor the title. No one can stand in your shoes Brian and I dont aim to be you nor' would I ever be. You should know better that many years ago I learned theres only one Brian Coltrane. *Smiles.*

~Chet

*at these words, slowly turns head, looking over one leather-clad shoulder at Chet...dark eyes smouldering with anger. Suddenly spins and lunges at the bars, throwing side of body against them hard, right arm snaking through the bars to grab Chet. But he's just a step too far away. Claws at the air once, snarling*

You sonofa....took you almost 10 years, didn't it. This is what you always wanted. And you got just enuff of the town to stand behind you, finally, that MaryAnne went along with it.

*straightens and grabs the bars, grip white-knuckled* Yer all pretty words now, boy, but I seen yer true colors. I ain't forgot the Chet who came to town years ago with one purpose on his mind. Well, maybe you forgot the Brian Coltrane who took you down then. Maybe you forgot why I can bring this town together and just as easily tear it apart. You just be careful, Chet, 'cause ah'm fixin' to give you some sharp reminders of how I got the title in the first place, once ah'm outta heah --

*lunges again, making another wild grab through the bars, catching nothing but air, cursing* --- #$%&*!!

*at these words, slowly turns head, looking over one leather-clad shoulder at Chet...dark eyes smouldering with anger. Suddenly spins and lunges at the bars, throwing side of body against them hard, right arm snaking through the bars to grab Chet. But he's just a step too far away. Claws at the air once, snarling*

You sonofa....took you almost 10 years, didn't it. This is what you always wanted. And you got just enuff of the town to stand behind you, finally, that MaryAnne went along with it.

*straightens and grabs the bars, grip white-knuckled* Yer all pretty words now, boy, but I seen yer true colors. I ain't forgot the Chet who came to town years ago with one purpose on his mind. Well, maybe you forgot the Brian Coltrane who took you down then. Maybe you forgot why I can bring this town together and just as easily tear it apart. You just be careful, Chet, 'cause ah'm fixin' to give you some sharp reminders of how I got the title in the first place, once ah'm outta heah --

*lunges again, making another wild grab through the bars, catching nothing but air, cursing* --- #$%&*!!

Whoa! Brian!!! *reaches around and tries to pry enraged man off the bars, but its like wrestling a grizzly bear* Hes not worth you hurting yourself trying to squeeze through steel bars! *Finally gives a strong tug and pries Brian off of the bars and pulls him all the way back til own back is to the wall* When we get out of here, hes going to remember who we both are! That I can promise you!

*Jumps back when Brian lunges like lightening, narrows my mismtached eyes.*

Im not afraid of either of you! You know where to find me.*Growls.* Im sure MaryAnne will be setting your bail soon enough.

*Clears out, leavin the jail as to not poor more fuel on the fire.*

~Chet

Brian, it could be worse, she coulda not been lazy and given the title to herself. That would really have given bad a uh bad name. She coulda given the title to any of us goody goodies, (like me) or it could have been given to someone who would never give it back. It could have even been given to the Alex, the official Hazzardnet toothfairy. How would that make hte name look?

Brian, it could be worse, she coulda not been lazy and given the title to herself. That would really have given bad a uh bad name. She coulda given the title to any of us goody goodies, (like me) or it could have been given to someone who would never give it back. It could have even been given to the Alex, the official Hazzardnet toothfairy. How would that make hte name look?

*Sadly remembering something mentioned, observed the creature of habit's exit. Absentmindedly as Hilery speaks, takes a few steps toward the cell. Hazel eyes look toward Alex calming Brian.*He should've waited for the bail conditions,*frown turns into an impish smile* This should be very interestin' when MaryAnne decides to reveal.

*finally joins the crowd leaning against the booking desk*

You know I think this is the most good-hearted entertainment this town has seen in a very long time. I look forward to seeing what Brian does to Chet when he gets out. Giving the good name of a bad outlaw to Chet may not have been the smartest move but...hey it wasn't my decision. Granted this is all just my opinion and I know none of you around here want to hear it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.