Casting Call!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tryin' to helpful around here....It's funny that the movies I posted , I only seen one , one the American Pie movies....

I heard the casting stuff on my all news radio station yesterday..Yes I like to listen to all news radio,so don't laugh. I only do it while driving to hear the traffic reports every 10 minutes, we need that up here in Long Island..LOL.. I prefer sports radio though...We have NO country music station up here......

Darrell

Havin' seen Burt in alot of different roles over the years, it'd take some gettin' use to him being Boss in the movie. But kewl at the same time.

He was actually my choice for Balladeer or Jesse.

I can see the one guy playing Luke, but the choice for Bo... I speculate that the two were chosen for the same reason as the fellas who were picked to protray Starsky and Hutch in the big screen verison, that is to get more people in the theatre regards if they are a DOH fan or not.

• 3 weeks later...

:) Hi, Darrell, here again is the Ben Jones AP article you mentioned had gotten lost when the forums were down:

" "Cooter" unhappy with casting for Hazzard movie

WASHINGTON A former star in "The Dukes of Hazzard" television show is unhappy about who might play the characters in a new movie.

Ben Jones of Virginia, who played "Cooter" in the series, says he doesn't want to see Jessica Simpson playing Daisy Duke, or Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo.

Jones says he wrote a letter to the producers suggesting that they cast the original stars of "The Dukes of Hazzard" in the movie version. He says they could then hand off the franchise to the next generation.

As for Boss Hogg and Uncle Jesse, Jones suggests Danny DeVito and Robert Duvall for those roles. The original actors died.

And Cooter? Jones says no one could play that role better than he can. He says "once you're Cooter, you're always Cooter."

Jones lost his race for Congress in 2002 against incumbent Eric Cantor. He served two terms in Congress when he lived in Georgia.

The Portsmouth native, owns Cooter's Place, a "Dukes of Hazzard" museum and general store, in Sperryville. "

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Randy Travis just got a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, and this is a quote from the cmt.com article about it:

"At a post-ceremony reception, Travis told CMT News that he is now considering a part in the upcoming big-screen remake of the TV show Dukes of Hazzard. He is up for two parts in the film, but he's not sure his touring schedule will allow it.

"We've booked into December dates to go out and play, so I don't know what's going to happen," he said. "

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1491491/20040929/travis_randy.jhtml?headlines=true

Now I could see Randy possibly as Enos.

But I don't see Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. Maybe Danny Devito...lol

But I do see Burt Reynolds as Sheriff Rosco. That would work well in my little opinion.

Uncle Jesse could be Kenny Rogers...but I think they should try and get Andy Griffith. Andy could be a good addition for that particular role. Not sure about Andy with a beard...lol

Hello, Lone Ranger17!

I like your idea of Andy Griffith as Uncle Jesse. After all, Denver Pyle did a number of "Andy Griffith Show" episodes as Brisco Darling, an earlier and seedier version of the Uncle Jesse family patriarch.:lol: Andy as Jesse would be like coming full circle back to Denver Pyle, in a way.

Like you, I wondered which two parts Randy Travis is being condidered for. I can see him as Enos, Jesse, or the Balladeer.

Inga

Thanks again for reposting the Ben Jones stuff. I knew I read it somewhere on here, just couldn't find it. Getting old(34) and senile...LOL

I think Randy Travis would be great as Enos if that is the part he is chosen for. That would be a great casting decision. I can't see Randy as Jesse though, maybe the Balladeer if not Enos..

I still think Burt Reynolds would be good as Boss Hogg is they make this movie on the less comedic side, but with who is playing Bo & Luke & Daisy, I am not so sure they are. But if John Schneider commented on the script the way he did, Burt would be a good choice, in my opinion.

I still would like Randy Quaid as Roscoe. I think he fits the part. And Andy Griffith as Uncle Jesse would be just too good...

Darrell

I just think Andy would be great because he already has that connection with the audience. Most people would already view Andy as that type of family patriarch that would give him instant credibility. Most of his acting parts were down home country types....which would be great with Jesse. And it would be a nice touch as well since he personally worked with Denver Pyle those many years ago.

If you get past the height issue, then Burt could be a good Boss Hogg. That character needs someone who can be deceitful but likeable at the same time. And that sounds like Burt...lol

If Burt can't be Rosco....then it would be amusing to some if they could get Jerry Reed to play Rosco...lol See Burt and Jerry back together again. But James Best was so perfect in the part, it's hard to think of anyone else for Rosco. Has to be a comedian who can also do dramatic parts. And Jerry Reed has worked with basset hounds in the past...lol But he's probably too old for the part by now I would imagine. Maybe they could give the part of Rosco to Tom Wopat...lol But Randy Quaid would work as well too. Jim Belushi? nah...lol

I would like to see Toby Keith, Hank Williams Jr, Clint Black.....or someone like that as the balladeer.

Howdy LoneRanger! Welcome to HNet!

Andy Griffith as Jesse would be worth seein'. Jerry Reed as Rosco would be worth the price of admission too. Give him a bassett hound and he'd be set! LOL.

Burt as Rosco would be kewl to see, given that James Best was in several movies with Burt. It would be interesting to see Burt try to pull off that "Khee khee khee!!" ROFL!! (Or Jerry Reed for that matter! LOL)

I could definetly see Hank Jr. as a possible balladeer too.

I could see Randy Travis as a possible Enos too. Or a balladeer, he has the voice for it, I think.

It'll be interesting to see how things unfold over the next few months with additional casting.

Hello y'all!

I agree about Randy Travis being in the Dukes movie. I think that he could be a good Enos, maybe he'll even sing a song or two in the movie.

Randy is a good actor too. I saw him several times on Matlock with Andy Griffth! He was a good actor on that show.

I think that Burt Renylods would be a good Boss Hogg, he could be a great con-man in the movie.

I would definitely go see it when it is released.

Take Care & Have a Great Day!

Vicki

• 2 weeks later...

wow what a tough choice for wb to make for cast they will never keep everbody happy. here are my suggestions:

LUKE: tom welling(smallville plays clark kent) isn't that funny tom wopat played original

BO: paul walker is a MUST.(fast and furious for those that do not know),but saw he has proir engagements. how about kid rock(did good in biker boys)

COOTER: larry the cable guy, saw it posted here thought that was perfect.

DAISY: jessica alba(fox's old series dark angel)

UNCLE JESSE: ??? robert devale(the crew chief in days of thunder)

or maybe john goodman

ROSCO: bill engvale(for the goofy slapstick)

BOSS HOOG: danny devito seems to fit perfect

ENUS or CLETUS: jeff foxworthy(more goofy slapstick needed)

i know it has alot of blue collar to it but think about it, most are from the south understand the south they just seem to fit nice. i know that is not the whole cast but it is a good start.

open for suggestions. oh yeah the general lee needs to have the flag or its just another car might as well call it the general washington.

Konvoy76....First off, Welcome to Hazzardnet and ejoy yourself around here. Hopefully our local sheriff - MaryAnne will be kind to ya..LOL

Not bad on the suggestions..unfortunately Bo, Luke & Daisy have already been cast.

Bo- Sean William Scott

Luke - Johnny Knoxville

Daisy - Jessica Simpson

The rest of the cast hasn't been casted yet....Everyone here has some ideas about casting and you made some good ones too. Let's just see what the studio does , then it will get even more interesting..

Darrell

Just from the look of who they have cast for Bo and Luke,this movie is going to be as stupid as the Starsky and Hutch movie.I didn't find the S&H movie anything like the tv series.John S. and Tom W. weren't comedy actors and the DOH was not a comedy.Why are they trying to make the movie a comedy :x Sure there were funny PARTS in the show with Roscoe,Enos,Boss etc.but overall the show wasn't a comedy.With that off my chest,here's who I think they should've gotten.Paul Walker and Luke Wilson,can be funny when they need to be,for Bo and Luke.I also don't like Jessica Simpson as Daisy,they obviously weren't going for acting talent there.We all know what they WERE going for.Maybe Brittany Murphy would have been a good Daisy,at least she can act.I'd like to see Kris Kristofferson as Uncle Jesse.As for the comedy aspect,Steve Martin or Tom Hanks for Roscoe.I like the Danny Devito for Boss Hogg idea.I'm not sure if Randy Travis could pull off the goofy'aw shucks'character Enos,maybe David Arquette could.Anyway,thats a few of my ideas.By the way,I'm from Canada,farther north than even 'Yankees',does that mean I don't get what the Dukes are all about either.LOL

Konvoy76 and dodge charger... welcome to HNet fellas! =)

I'm kind to everybody! Khee!

I'm really enjoying the discussion on the casting here, some terrific ideas being batted around. Dodge makes a good point tho', DOH was an action adventure show with humor thrown in. It wasn't toliet comedy that this Broken Antler or Busted Pelvis writing team is apparently going to do with the script. And given that, we could end up with a great cast and a crappy script.

I'm prayin' that the writing team quits and goes on to something else and somebody else steps up to the plate and writes a decent script for the movie. LOL

Great news.......I think that will be great. It will give the movie more seriousness, at least I hope. Maybe the director will drop out , for whatever reason , and get a decent director in that would make this film a good movie. ...

Like I have been saying I think Burt would make a great Boss Hogg. I know Danny Devito is probably everyone's first choice. Burt Reynolds will bring ,maybe, a more serious side to it...

And Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse, great choice.....can't wait to see him as Jesse

Darrell

• 1 month later...