Dixie's 16th Birthday Suprise

DixieDavenport

"Besides, if you do break them out, Rosco knows them and where they live and would only gets warrants on them and YOU for breaking them out." Dixie tried to reason.

B.L said "I know but it ain't fair, they wouldn't even be in jail if Rosco didn't come poking his nose into everything."

Dixie replied, "B. I think THAT is his job!"

We weren't doin' nothin' to give him a reason to be pokin' around he ALWAYS manages to show up when we're all up at the lake racin' if he'd just leave us along we don't cause no trouble.

Daisy reminded, "Yeah but racing up there is illegal. Remember when Luke and Mark got caught?"

BL nodded and said, "But still there again it was cops stickin' their nose in when they coulda just let it slide unless there's trouble."

Daisy added, "Sugar, Rosco LOOKS for reasons to bust the boys. You just got to calm down. Uncle Jesse will go get tehm in the morning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was still awake when Jeb got home from playing in the band. Jeb looked at him and knew something was wrong, "What?"

Bo explained about Luke, Cooter and Konrad being arrested.

Jeb figured that would explain why Bo was up but not what was bothering him. "Bo you seem pissed. What's wrong?"

Bo huffed, "Luke gave Dixie the keys to the General Lee and SHE drove him home. She left before I even knew she had the keys!"

Jeb now knew why Bo was upset. He-- it wasn't often that HE, himself drove the General Lee and that was usually an uphill battle. To his knowledge, none of Bo's or Luke's girlfriends had EVER driven him until TONIGHT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Jesse was up early. Fact was he hadn't really slept so he gave up and go up to make coffee. He got out the familiar cookie tin behind the refrigerator to see how much he had put back for times like these. He got out what he thought he'd need and stashed the rest back in it's place.

BL came into the kitchen before the others did.

Jesse smiled and took this opportunity to say, "BL I haven't seen much of you lately. Is that nephew of mine treating you right and minding his manners?"

Bl replied,

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L replied without elaborating "yes sir"

Jesse asked, He has not been anywhere he's not allowed again has he?

B.L thought 'oh sh-- if she said Konrad had not been in her room she was lying and if she said he had then they'd both be in trouble by Jesse and Luther. Deciding to deliberately misinterpret Uncle Jesse's question B.L answered "no sir" he hadn't been anywhere as far as her body was concerned that she hadn't allowed even if he'd been in her room.

Well, good so long as he's behaving himself. How are Luke and Dixie doing?

B.L silently let out the breath she'd been holding now that Jesse was onto a safer topic and answered. "They been doing good, Uncle Luther's real impressed with the way they been acting and he's given Dixie an extra hour on her curfew."

Jesse replied, "I tried to raise them boys and all you kids right. Konrad I know hasn't been around me much but he's lucky your uncle let him come back into his house. I was really dissappointed in him. And I wasn't at all sure Luke would be able to stick with the conditions he agreed to."

B.L looked down it was as much her fault Konrad had been caught in her room as it was his. She didn't know all the conditions Luke agreed to but what she did know didn't seem like anything Luke couldn't stick to.

Jesse added, "I'm glad something has gotten that boy to start making better choices. He agreed not even to drink if Dixie was with him and I was surpised that Luther alowed them to go to the lake together tonight. He had only been able to go to the Boar's Nest. They even had to leave right before or right after Luther did. Just didn't see Luke agreeing to such terms when he could have dated about any girl in the state."

A feather could have knocked B.L over when Jesse finished she had known Dixie really liked Luke and apparently the feeling was mutual. That would explain him only drinking coke at the Boar's Nest when Dixie was with him while the rest of them was drinking beer.

Jesse finished his coffee, "Yeah he starts acting like he's got some sense and still manages to get arrested. Guess I better go see what I can do about getting them out."

B.L nodded and watched Jesse as he got up put his coffee cup in the sink and left to go get the 'boys'. She wasn't looking forward to Luther getting wind of any of this he was going to blow his stack she bet.

Luther woke up to a very still house. He knew Dixie was staying with Daisy last night and had called him even before twelve to let him know she was at the Dukes. He was impressed he figured after giving her an extra hour and letting her go to the lake with the others she would have pushed the 1am to the limit. But he had gotten a very quick call about eleven forty five where she said, "I'm at the Dukes. Do you want to talk to anyone to verfy that?" Luther hadn't seen the need to talk to anyone and Dixie had gotten off the phone quickly. That explained where she was, but where were the others? He opened BL's bedroom. Nothing. The bed didn't look slept in either. He opened Cooter's door and no one was there, course he couldn't tell much about hte last time the bed had been slept in with the disarray the covers were in. Then, lastly he went to Konrad's room. Nothing. He said out loud to the empty house, "Now where are those kids?"

He drank his coffee and headed off to the garage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail, Luke had finally been able to doze off about day break. He wasn't looking forward to facing Jesse this morning at all. But, all too soon the familiar sound of Jesse coming down the steps with Enos got his and the others attention. Enos went to unlock the cell door.

Jesse said, "Just hold up there a second Enos, I might change my mind. Luke why am I down here this nice Spring morning instead of tending to my farm?"

Luke sighed and thought to him self, 'Da-- it! Why AM I ALWAYS the spokes person for the group?' but wisely decided to answer the question, "Ernie Ledbetter started with me when I got to the lake but I handled him and walked. He had told me Konrad had to ask BL for permission to race. I let Konrad in on that, but nothing happened until lmuch later when Konrad raced Ernie and beat him badly I might say. Well, Uncle Jesse you know Ernie's mouth and with Konrad being my cousin and beating him that was all the reason he needed to run off at the mouthand say Konrad jumped the start. He didn't. They got into it. If anybody know's how that fool fights it's me so I went to try to break it up and so did Cooter. About the time we were getting them apart they went back at it and Rosco pulled up and only saw all four of us scuffling."

Jesse let them stew another few minutes before telling Enos to let them out. "Well, we all best head over to the farm and get the chores done. The girls are all there. And I suspect we'll be having us a nice talk after breakfast."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther had stepped out front of the garage and saw Jesse Duke come out of the courthouse with Luke, Konrad and COOTER. He knew something was definetly up. He............

He marched across the square to the courthouse his features a dark cloud as he approached the three Dukes and his son. Jesse could see Luther was practically blowing smoke out his ears so suggested. "Let's go over to the garage and talk I guess your wondering what's going on Luther."

Luther nodded he was defenitely wondering what was going on. They all walked over to the garage and then Luther asked the one question the three younger men didn't want to answer. "What is going on?"

Cooter.......

Lori, meanwhile was practicing drills in front of the mirror, It was always necessary for a drill instructor to practice first instead of going out there and trying to wing it infront of the cadets. The war was growing and more and more men were begin drafted and sent off. Lori had been told that she WOULD more than likely be going herself soon. She sighed and continued to practice.

Cooter.......

Cooter looked to Luke, who shot him a look that said, 'I told Jesse'. Cooter sighed and began to tail the events of last night.

Luther listened to Cooter's entire story then asked, "So just where is BL?"

Cooter gave him a blank look.

Before Cooter could get in any deeper Jesse replied, "Both BL and Dixie are at my house Luther. They came home with Bo last night. But, Dixie was staying with Daisy anyway."

Luther nodded, "Yeah, Dixie called me."

Luke let out the breath he was holding. That was one less thing Luther could be mad about.

Luther asked, "So HOW pray tale did my daughter and my niece get home last night and where is my wrecker?"

Luke said, "I gave my keys to Dixie. and Konrad gave his to BL."

Cooter said, "I gave my keys to Bo."

Jesse said, "Luther I don't know how three of them got the four vehicles to the farm but they are all there. The wrecker is fine. Bo did still have to take his date home so she likely drove one of them."

Luther looked at Luke, "WHAT were you driving?"

'Sh--!' Luke thought, but replied very quietly, "The General Lee."

"YOU let my daughter drive the General Lee with that engine in it?"

Luke sighed, "She can handle him."

Luther shook his head and sighed,"Luke, she aint ready to handle that much horse power.."

Luke sighed and nodded he wasnt fighting with Luther. Luther sighed and shook his head telling them he'd see them tomorrow. Luther left and headed home.

Luke and the others.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had just recruited MORE men... this makes about the 100th group of cadets shes trained. She had just finished up her others and sent them to her co DIs, Sergeant Larry Skye and Drill Instructor Gary Bean. Shes been working with these two since day one and knew every thing that they had taught her and she was still learning herself.

Luke and the others went back to the farm. Bo waited until the girls had finished welcoming them home then got Luke's attention. Luke followed Bo the their room to get a change of clothes.

Bo said, "Luke have you lost your mind giving Dixie the keys tothe General Lee?"

Luke said, "You are the second person who seems to think that, but she got him here didn't she?"

Bo glared, "That's not the point."

Luke glared back, "Yeah it is." He said flatly. He was tired and in need of a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther managed to get over incident and things returned back to normal. Luke and Dixie enjoyed the extra hour she could stay out and the fact that they had some alone time once Luke brought her home on occassion. One night they were the first home and as Luke kissed Dixie good night he unhooked her bra just for sheer meaniness! She was about to let him have it as Luther pulled up. Instead she gave Luke a quick kiss and headed very quickly to her room before Luther seen her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been two weeks since the fight at the lake and everone decided to try their luck with a little racing since it was Easter school break. Everyone had a touch of Spring fever. They all headed out to the lake for a bit of racing. No one paid much attention to Luke giving Dixie a ride out as they now had Luther's permission to somewhat date. Now with two convictions of racing and several points on his license Luke decided to let Bo race the General tonight. He gave the General Lee a once over. As before, Dixie and Luke watched several races. Dixie had planned to stay with Daisy tonight unknown to Jesse. She now, virtually, didn't have a time to be in. Her Dad knew she was staying with Daisy. By Jesse not knowing she planned to stay, he'd not pay any attention if Daisy beat her home.

The night progressed without any law showing up. Though Bo had raced the General Lee several times it was Luke's turn to drive him home. Most everyone was heading off on their own to take the long way home tonight. Luke would be taking Dixie home. "I'm going to just make sure this fire is out." Luke called.

Dixie said a bit nervous, "That was slick." As everyone else pulled out on there way home.

Luke just smiled. He did make sure the fire was out then suggested riding down to the lake. He pulled the General Lee down into an open meadow that was just off the dirt road where they had raced. Luke asked, "Are you in any hurry to get home?"

Dixie replied, "No, not at all."

Luke said, "Good." He went to the trunk of the car and took out a a partial Mason jar of moonshine that he had been sipping on all evening. Luke placed the car keys on the dash, fixed him a glass of shine which Dixie was also sipping on. Luke was figuring on staying out until almost dawn then drifting the General Lee into the drive. He and Dixie would sneak in before Jesse got up. He and Dixie talked about all sorts of things for quiet some time. Luke poured the last of the shine into their glass and tossed the Mason jar to the bushes.

As he turned around Dixie had move into the back seat of the General Lee, she said innocently, "There's more room back here."

Luke cleared his throat before saying, "Well, yes there is. Are you sure?"

Dixie smiled, "I am very certain, ..., there is more room back here." she said slowly.

Luke didn't need a second invitation to join her in the back seat...

LATER,

Trooper Mitchell was riding with his young partner down on lake road where they had caught some 'kids' racing several months ago. The new State Trooper was very eager to make a name for himself. His lights hit a car parked in a meadow. He indicated this to his Senior partner, "What do you make of that?" Trooper Mitchell knew the car and was pretty sure what was going on but the young Trooper insisted on checking into it.

The Senior partner replied, "You've probably got a couple kids making out. Lets go to the barn."

The young trooper said, "Let's at least check it out." He was far to eager for Trooper Mitchell but was far enough in his training that Trooper Mitchell was giving him the lead in a lot of stops. As they turned, both Troopers recognized the General Lee with the windows (What little windows there were) fogged up.

As Luke was kissing Dixie passionately he opened his eyes to the bright light of a flash light. "Sh--!" Luke sighed.

Once she realized they had company Dixie gasped.

The voice behind the flash light said, "State Police. Get out of the car."

Now Luke was really cursing! He said, "Give us a second OK?"

"Where are the car keys?" Another voice asked. He was afraid Luke was going to try to pull out. It was the voice of the younger Trooper who had been looking to get a 'feather in his cap' by arresting Luke the time before.

Luke replied as he handed Dixie her clothing. "On the dash, I'll hand them to you." He was trying to buy some time. He reached for the keys and handed them to the Trooper that had the light. Luke covered Dixie the best he could while she got dressed, then he put on his jeans, took his shirt and boots with him as he got out of the car. He turned to help Dixie out of the car. Both of their appearances were a bit unorganized. After stepping into his boots Luke plopped on the hood of the General Lee as he buttoned his shirt and motioned for Dixie to take the seat beside him on the hood. She did and he wrapped his arm around her to comfort her. He whispered in her ear, "I told you there would be nights like this!" Luke had finished the last of the shine and had opened a beer prior to the Troopers arrival which he had in his hand and now took a drink.

The new Trooper asked, "Have you been drinking?"

Luke knew that they had him already for at least indecent exposure, but he just hoped he could talk Dixie out of trouble. So he decided to be honest with them. "Yes, I have been drinking but I didn’t intend to go anywhere until morning."

The young Trooper, taking the lead, said, "You are trespassing on private property. I need to see your license."

Luke was more than peeved, as he handed him his driver's license.

"I want to check the registration too." said the young Trooper.

Luke replied, "Mr. Peabody has never complained about us being out here. It's over the driver's visor. I can save you the time." he said looking at Trooper Mitchell. "My license is valid with six points for racing. The registration will come back to myself and Bo Duke and expires April next year."

Trooper Mitchell waved his hand. "Let him run it. It will give him something to do. He--, I'd never have stopped!"

The younger Trooper returned. "Ok, your license checks out like you said it would. Can the young lady drive this home or do I need to call for a wrecker?"

Luke didn't want a wrecker called. Knowing all He-- would break loose when Luther Davenport had to come and pick up Dixie from the Sheriffs office without finding her out here with him. He also knew that Cooter's Dad had the wrecker after midnight. Dixie had been drinking too. He figured to play it down, hoping they would just take her home so he lied. "Well, she can't drive a standard."

The younger Trooper said to Dixie, "Well, just for the sake of knowing who's who here let me see your license."

Dixie looked at Luke. She was shaking like a leaf. Luke replied with a sigh. This was becoming a very long night, "Go ahead give him your license." He took another drink of beer.

The young Trooper asked, "Have you been drinking?"

Luke answered for Dixie. "She's had a little to drink."

Dixie handed her license to the young Trooper who wasted no time in going to run it.

Luke asked Trooper Mitchell while the other Trooper was running Dixie's license. "I figure he's already stacking charges against me. Starting with Trespassing and Indecent Exposure which is fine. But, can we keep her out of this? Maybe just take her home or call her Dad and tell him I was racing again or something?"

Dixie looked at him in utter disbelief. It had never crossed her mind that Luke would be charged for 'nothing'.

He said only loud enough for her to hear, "I'm likely not going home tonight. ... I know that, ..., and it's OK. I'm just trying to get you home without charges."

The older Trooper smiled for a brief second. "I'll do what I can to tame the 'eager beaver'."

"I'd sure appreciate it." said Luke. He again sipped the beer.

The young Trooper came back to the General Lee like the forest was on fire, with his hand on the but of his gun, saying, "Duke, ..., get, ... on, ..., the hood, ..., NOW!"

Luke looked confused at the Senior Trooper. Luke was getting a bit disgusted at this point. "What is his problem?" he said getting on the hood of the General Lee still holding the beer. He was making all this fuss over a couple of misdemeanors?

"Hoooawh! Calm down! What?" Trooper Mitchell said, “This is not really necessary.†He motioned to Luke to relax.

The younger Trooper showed Trooper Mitchell the licenses he had in his hands indicating the information in question.

Trooper Mitchell said showing his annoyance with the 'eager beaver', "I'll handle this! Luke is all your information correct here?"

Luke sighed as he looked at his driver's license he'd seen and shown to every law enforcement person in the Tri-Counties. "Yeah, it's right. Why?"

Trooper Mitchell just waved him off. "Miss Davenport is all your information correct?"

Dixie checked her license. It took a minute to find her voice when she said, "Yes, Sir, it is. What's wrong?"

Again, the Senior Trooper waved off her question. He handed Luke both driver's licenses, "Tell me the names and date of births on these.

Luke read his license, "Lucas K. Duke, Jan. 10, 19?6."

Trooper Mitchell said, "And the other one?"

Luke read, "Dixie Lee Davenport, April 8, 19?0. So?"

The Trooper saw Luke's confusion. "How old are you?"

Luke replied a bit annoyed, "Twenty."

"How old is Miss Davenport?" he asked.

Luke replied very annoyed and very sure of himself, "Eighteen."

Dixie shot Luke a confused look.

Trooper Mitchell said, "Look again. Do the Math. How old are you two?"

Luke replied, "Jan. 10, 19?6, twenty. April 8, 19?0, eight ..." There was a long silence as Luke looked at Dixie.

Dixie shook her head, 'No.' She was very innocent and confused about what was so important about her age and what difference two years could make.

Luke stared at both the driver's licenses before him for several minutes. He sighed loudly, and said while shaking his head, "I'll be a So-#$--$($& SIXTEEN?" Luke gasped almost unable to breath.

Dixie was still confused and nodded 'yes'. "Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

At this point Luke almost passed out; he still remembers his knees going so weak he had to set down on the hood of the General to keep from falling. He had been preaching to Bo since before Bo turned 18 to ID any one before he even bought them a drink, to be really careful since the law was trying to bust them they could put someone up to setting them up. He had preached and preached! He had also thought that he had been so careful in this area, since he had been 18. “Sixteen….. Oh, ….. Hell.†Luke looked utterly defeated at this point, but managed to try to explain, "Ever heard the term 'jail bait?'." The wind was definitely out of his sails.

Dixie replied honestly, "No? What are you all talking about?"

Luke whispered, "Sixteen? not eighteen? What was with the Big Birthday?"

Dixie was far to innocent to know what was wrong. She replied, "The eighth was a big Birthday. My sweet sixteen. Luke what is wrong?"

The look that was on Luke's face was like none Dixie had ever seen on his face before. It was of sheer TERROR!

The younger Trooper said, "Miss, you are under eighteen. He's over four years older than you. Which makes what was going on in that back seat when we came up very illegal for Mr. Duke here."

Luke was scaring her and he knew it but it was all he could do right now to breath. His chest was tight. He felt numb all over and he was struggling to breath to keep from passing out. He had been so careful to not let this happen. For the two years he could buy beer he'd ever asked his dates to see their ID before he bought them a beer, now THIS!

The young Trooper said in a voice of authority. "Mr. Duke on the car and spread 'um!"

Before moving, Luke said to Dixie, "This is all my fault. Just remember that. Nothing that happened tonight was your fault. I assumed way too much. I wouldn't have changed a thing except I would have hoped, I'd have waited until you were eighteen if I weren't such a jacka-- and assumed I knew everything." he finished the three quarters of beer in one drink as he slide off the hood.

Trooper Mitchell said to Dixie, "Come on you can ride up front with me as soon as we get a wrecker out here."

Luke now knew he certainly didn't want Mr. Davenport out here to tow the General Lee under these circumstances. He said, "I'll sign a waiver or whatever. Don't call a wrecker. Mr. Peabody and all of Hazzard know this car. It will be Ok here."

The younger Trooper said, "Suit yourself!" As he began to frisk Luke who was spread eagle against the car. At the moment the Trooper placed the first handcuff on Luke, he got a glimpse of Dixie who was crying.

Luke couldn't take the fact she was hurting like this and her crying tore him apart. He pulled away heading towards Dixie. Both Troopers turned their attention on Luke. Being a bit more skilled, Trooper Mitchell downed Luke. He had his left shoulder and arm behind his back and was putting pressure on it. Luke was still fighting. Trooper Mitchell applied more pressure as he said, "Calm down! I can, ..., and will, ..., break it!" he cranked the arm even harder. Finally Luke felt the pain above the adrenaline rush he had gotten when he saw Dixie crying and relaxed, letting the Trooper cuff him. Luke would be sorry of that move tomorrow, when the moonshine wore off and his shoulder began to hurt.

Trooper Mitchell had always been a close friend of the Dukes but had to do his job. Once Trooper Mitchell got him to the car he said, "Luke I'm going to cut you as big a break as I can. Even after THAT stunt. I'm only charging you with Indecent Exposure, Public Intoxication , two counts of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor and now Resisting Arrest instead of the Felony."

Luke looked at him in disbelief.

The Trooper continued. "However, if her Father pushes, I'll have to drop one Contributing and charge you with the Felony charge of Statutory Rape . Understood?"

Luke felt a slight relief but was sure it would be short lived once Mr. Davenport found out.

The younger Trooper said, "What?"

Trooper Mitchell told him, "I'll be writing this report."

The younger Trooper stomped to his side of the car.

Statutory Rape is defined as a n. ---- Sexual relations with a person who has not reached the statutory age of consent.(even if both parties participating are willingly)

Rosco was at his desk when the Troopers brought Luke in to the jail. Dixie was told to take a seat at Rosco's desk which she did. Rosco had no idea what was going on. He said, "You can just put him up here until we process him." referring to the upstairs cell.

Luke managed to find his voice, "Rosco if it's all the same to you. I'd just as soon go downstairs. It will probably be safer there once Luther is called."

Around the time Luke and Dixie were off to jail, there was a ring in the Davenport home. Luther answered it and slammed the phone down. Cooter woke up and jolted downstairs... Luther explained to him the problem.. Cooter was enraged and furious..BUT he knew ONE woman that could cause Luke he**, his darling EX wife, Lori. Cooter would call her later.

Rosco raised his eyebrows and looked to Trooper Mitchell who nodded in agreement with Luke.

Luke was booked. Luther called to pick her up and to see what he wanted done with Luke. Luther and Cooter were furious! He wanted the book thrown at Luke. Luke could hear the commotion upstairs. He expected at any minute Luther and or Cooter to storm down the stairs leading to the cells. What Luke didn't know was that it had taken both Troopers, Rosco, Dixie's pleading, and promises of their own arrests to convince them both to leave the jail. Cooter even told them at one point to arrest him and put him downstairs with Luke.

When Peggy, the correctional officer, arrive downstairs, Luke was setting on the bunk Indian style. He had been staring at nothing replaying the nights events.

Cooter and Luther gave up and never spoke a word to Dixie. They took her home and went in the house,"GO....NOW!"

Luther pointed to Dixie's room and closed his eyes blood red. Cooter was furious but got this evil look on his face and suggested to Luther,"Dad....who better to make the two feel low and down for what they did... than Lori?"

Luther thought on what Cooter had said before answering, then said, "Well, I dont' need 'help' handling this situation, but you better call her if she hears it from someone else she'll be all the more mad."

Cooter looked to Luther and said,"I aint sayin as 'help' dad I mean...just a small part of the punishment??"

"Call her son. But if I get my hands on that Duke I'm liable to kill him! That's why I ani't whipped DIxie yet." Luther was seething mad!

B.L. all the while was at Daisy's..

Cooter waited til Luther went to bed and dialed the camp's number.

When the operator directed the call to Lori's room, she sighed rolling over seeing it was 2 in the morning. She picked up the phone and sighed,"Hello? Drill Instructor Loren Davenport here?"

Cooter smiled and said,"Howdy cousin...we got us a situation.."

Lori groaned,"Ya mean to tell me you call me this late just to tell me HOME problems???"

Cooter smirked and told Lori about the situation. Lori fell out of her bed with a loud THUD! Cooter winced and said,"You alright?"

Lori laughed and said,"You mean to tell me you call me this late just to tell me my EX husband is thrwon in jail because he screwed my baby cousin... cause he thought she was old enough and She never told him????"

Cooter nodded and smiled,"Yep...that sums it up.. me and uhh Uncle Luther was wonderin if you could take leave and come back to raise he** with em?"

Lori nodded and said,"Tomorrow starts one of our vacations anyways... im off fer atleast two weeks... so yea... Ill be there in the morning HAVE MIDNIGHT READY!!!"

Cooter laughed and agreed,"Sure thing cousin...get some rest now.."

Lori nodded and sighed, she climbed in bed and rolled in it laughing.

~~~~~~~~

At the jail.........

At the jail Peggy as she asked Luke, "Do you want to make a call now?"

"What time is it?" asked Luke.

Peggy looked at her watch, "Three thirty."

Luke shook his head, "Not now, there's nothing Jesse can do until morning anyway. Unless Luther wakes him now, it will be better to call about five thirty, if that's Ok?"

Peggy gave him a slight smile. "It will be fine. I'll let get the phone for you then."

Luke knew no news was good news but had to ask, "I heard," he nodded towards the steps. "Did Trooper Mitchell change the charges yet?" he asked glumly.

"He told Mr. Davenport what he charged you with. He also told him what you could be charged with, then he said he'd give him until tomorrow to think about it. For now they stand the same as he told you." Peggy explained.

Peggy looked at the clock it was 5:30am. She got the phone hooked up where the cord would reach to the cell.

Sleep had alluded Luke, though he was laying on the hard bunk starring at the ceiling. Peggy's movement had gotten his attention. As Luke sat up he saw Peggy coming his way with the phone and a large cup of coffee. She handed the coffee to Luke and sat the phone down on a shelf on the wall near the side of the cell.

Taking a drink of the coffee Luke looked at the phone and sighed. "You know all my life I have been able to tell Uncle Jesse anything, but I don't think I can tell him this." He had decided hours ago to prepare Jesse the worst then hope for the best. He heard how upset Luther and Cooter had been. He doubted that even Uncle Jesse could calm them down enough to keep him from being charged with the felony. He sighed again.

For Peggy she didn't know what to say to make this any better for Luke. She had been party to the events upstairs last night as she had came in, in the middle of it.

Luke asked, "What time is it?"

"5:40 am" was all Peggy said.

Luke knew he had to call now before Jesse discovered him not home. Reaching through the bars Luke picked up the phone. "Maybelle get me the Duke farm please."

Jesse had just poured his first cup of coffee when the phone rang. Looking at the clock. Jesse knew no one called here that early unless something was wrong. "Jesse Duke." he answered.

Luke bit his lip hard at the sound of Jesse's voice. He knew what he was going to say would hurt Jesse more than it did him IF that was possible. "Uncle Jesse ..."

"Luke? Where are you?" Jesse asked not sure he wanted to know.

There was a long silence before Luke answered, "In jail."

"What in tar nation did you do now? Let me guess been in another fight with just anyone who wanted to fight? OR maybe the last time wasn't long enough, so you went out racing again, you're sure to get your license revoked if you keep of this foolishness!" Jesse wasn't happy.

Jesse was answered with total silence.

"Luke. Tell me what they charged you with." replied Jesse sternly.

Luke stood rock solidly still, yet he felt him shaking uncontrollably on the inside as he said, "St, ... Stat, ..., Statu, ... tory, ... Rape." Luke's voice had cracked up badly and the last word was almost unheard, but Jesse heard him LOUD AND CLEAR.

Jesse almost dropped his coffee cup, "What? Who? Did they manage to set you up?"

"Jesse, I only wished it were one of their set ups." Luke said as he turned his back to Peggy. His eyes had, against his will, filled with tears. "Just listen a minute. That's not the formal charge yet. Though I'd bet my life it will be after seeing the Judge.

Jesse replied, "Peggy's there? Ask her when is the earliest I can come talk to you about this and see what we can figure out.

Luke did and replied, "8:30 am."

Jesse said, "Luke I'll be setting there at 8:30am. Who's is the girl?"

Luke would rather tell him that in person but figured he'd better prepare him in case he ran into the Davenports, "Thanks, Uncle Jesse." Luke paused, his voice barely heard by Jesse. He cleared his throat, "Dixie Dav, ... en, ... port."

Confused Jesse said, "What? Didn't you all just tell me she had her 18th birthday party?" Jesse voice was a bit loud for the hour of the morning.

Luke sighed, "It's a long story. I've got to go. It makes me feel better knowing at least you think like I did."

Jesse looked at the phone confused now more than ever, "Luke, I love you."

"I love you too." Luke handed the phone to Peggy. He laid on the bunk and faced the wall.

Lori was in uniform and had her bags packed to go for two weeks. She was smiling like the cat who ate the caniary because she LOVED her job, and not the mairnes one either. She took her bags and loaded them on the bus, a recruiter was going as well, she didn't know were but he was going. Lori climbed aboard the bus and was on her way to Hazzard.

Hours later when she arrived, she saw Cooter at the bus stop with Midnight Rider. She smiled at the sight of the car, it had been a year or half a year since she'd last seen him.

She stepped off the bus, Cooter grinning as wide as sh was as she tossed her bags, standing in her uniform she hugged Cooter,"Sure is good to be home...."

Cooter laughed,"Only cause you get to make trouble."

Lori giggled and nodded, she climbed in and they headed for the farm.

~~~~~~`

Dixie wasn't asleep and when she heard Midnight's engine roar up the road, she thought, she could tell the difference between Cooter driving and another person driving, and this person wasn't cooter. She looked out her window and saw a nightmare....Lori.

Lori got her bags out and saw Luther on the front porch smiling, Lori nodded and headed in taking her bags in. She went to her room and put them up. She came out, out of uniform in her jeans, boots, tank top, and levi jacket. She walked outside and plopped in a chair,"Sooooo Uncle Luther..I hear we have a slight bit of trouble huh?"

Luther sipped his coffee Cooter bringin Lori a cup,"Yeap." Was all Luther would answer.

Lori sipped her coffee and nodded,"My first victim.... Dixie."

Luther nodded,"You'll wait til after im finished with her though."

Lori smirked and nodded,"My pleasure.."

Cooter leaned up against the porch banister as they all looked down the road.

Dixie eased her way down the steps and into the living room, tippy toing you couldn't hear the floor creak.

Lori, being in the Marines, had learned a defense mechanism and knew she was back there, she smirked and said,"Were ya sneakin off to Dixie?? sures to my god it aint to see Luke.."

Luther looked to Lori and was amazed for some reason as he turned to see Dixie standing like a deer in the headlights.

Dixie...........

Dixie saw B.L come flying into the yard hauling a--, Jesse's raised voice had woken her up and when she'd found out Luke was in jail and it somehow had something to do with Dixie she flew out of their like her tail was on fire to get home. She just knew Luther would kill Dixie and from the look on Dixie's face the sh-- had done hit the fan and the fact Lori was home didn't go unnoticed either.

Going up to them B.L asked calmly "What's going on?"

Lori smirked and said "baby cousin here was sneakin' off to see Luke is what we figure."

Dixie looked at B.L eyes pleading for help "I wasn't B I swear it!"

Luther had his arms crossed looking madder than he'd ever looked before and he said "I'm gonna make sure they throw the book at Luke Duke for what he did."

B.L had only gotten the bare minimum of information from Jesse before she'd run out the door all she knew really was Luke was in jail and it somehow involved Dixie. "What'd Luke do?"

This question got Luther, Cooter and Dixie all talking at once sounding like a bunch of chattering birds and B.L couldn't decipher one story from the other. Whistling loudly to get their attention B.L asked "one at a time fill me in on the details please."

Cooter jumped in and told B.L what the troopers had told him and Luther when they'd went to pick up Dixie at the police station last night. B.L's mouth fell open. Dixie was almost in tears because Luther and Cooter was threatening to string Luke up to the nearest tall tree by his neck, she said. "H....he....d...did....didn't....do......nothin'.....I.....didn't...want....him..to....do....B."

Luther heard these words and took a step toward Dixie B.L grabbed Dixie's wrist and put Dixie behind her and then spoke knowing they were all going to be mad at her but she didn't care this wasn't right. "Uncle Luther, Cooter now I know what Luke did was wrong but it's not like he did it without Dixie's consent maybe she ain't 18 but she's old enough to know what she wants to do and not do with a guy."

Luther Cooter and Lori..........

Jesse pulled up in front of the Courthouse and jail just before 8:30am. He had to know what went on with Luke, but in order to try to help him. He hoped there would be SOMETHING he could do.

Jesse took a seat outside Luke cell. "Ok, Luke what happened?"

Luke sighed, "You remember Dixie's big birthday party, we all went all out for. Well, it turns out it was her 16th birthday NOT 18th!..."

Jesse interrupted, "Did she tell you she was 18?"

Luke gave Jesse a brief sad smile, "No." he sighed, "I figured that out ALL on my own. I know, ... I assumed myself into a God awful lot of trouble."

Jesse asked, "So what did they charge you with?"

"Trooper Mitchell said he'd give me as big a break as he could and ONLY charge me with Indecent Exposure, Public Intoxication, two counts of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, and Resisting Arrest. Luther can insist on him charging me with the felony, which, ... after what I heard going on upstairs I figure he will." replied Luke.

Jesse gave Luke a look of reassurance, "I'll go talk to Luther." he said simply.

"I appreciate it, but Jesse, ... I'm not so sure that will help. Just make sure Dixie is Ok. She had no idea what was wrong last night and as mad as Luther was I'm sure she has lived hard." said Luke with concern. "Jesse, I had a lot of time to think last night about a whole lot. Other than the age thing, I'm not a bit sorry for what happened. I do love Dixie."

Jesse looked surprised.

Luke continued after seeing the look, "Yeah, I said that. ... I just thought I loved Robin. Then I ran around trying to prove something." he shook his head, "I guess I proved what a jerk I can be... He--, ... as far as I know, ... I was Da-- lucky that none of them showed up pregnant. And then there was Lori, who DID end up pregnant and I didn't even know til it was too late. I tried to get her to get over me and I tried to get over her but we just kept coming back to each other. I loved her, part of me still does, but we've proved it will never work." he paused. Jesse just let him talk, "I love Dixie. I am not saying what I'm about to say to try to get me out of anything. I want to marry her and I intend to tell the Judge that this morning. When you talk to Luther, if you think it will help you can tell him that for me."

Jesse looked at his nephew. It seemed he had watched him grow up right before his eyes in the last five minutes. Luke looked much older than his twenty years. "Your sure about that?"

"As sure as I've been about anything for quiet sometime, now. No matter what happens. I love her. She will have to live with what we did last night. It might be easier for her, at least if she has my name. I don't want anyone to think that she was just the last in a long line of conquests." said Luke with seriousness.

Jesse asked, "Luke is there any doubt about WHAT was going on last night?" Jesse continued a bit embarrassed, "I mean, ..."

Luke stopped him, shook his head 'no', looking into his Uncle's eyes. "No, what they said they saw was EXACTLY what they saw." he sighed. Luke felt himself shake inside as he stood up straight to tell Jesse the rest of his decisions, "I know in order to prove it though they will want 'tests' ran on Dixie. I won't let that happen. I'll not let her go though that."

"Luke, ..." Jesse was interrupted.

Looking Jesse in the eyes, "I'll plead guilty and hope for the best if it comes to that. IF they run the tests it will only confirm what did happen and put her through He--. Her having to live with my assumption is bad enough."

"Luke you could talk yourself right into prison." informed Jesse.

"I know that." he sighed.

"Isn't there any doubt? Those tests could come out shedding some doubt." said Jesse.

Luke shook his head no. "The evidence would be there."

Jesse looked him in the eye, "Could she be pregnant?"

Luke got a kind of far off look and smiled just a bit before answering, "That would be the only good thing to come out of this. Yeah, she could be." He seemed a bit satisfied at that thought.

Jesse stood up looking Luke face to face, saying a bit loud, "Luke have you lost all your senses? How long have you two been SEEING each other?" Jesse asked worriedly.

Luke knew what he meant since he had been given permission from her father to take her some places, "Last night was the only time."

Jesse asked, "You swear?"

Luke nodded yes, "Yes." he continued, "Can I ask you to do something for me that I might not get to do myself, depending on what goes on upstairs?"

Jesse realized so far Luke had not asked him to do anything for him. He had not asked him to talk to the Judge. He hadn't asked him to talk to Luther, Jesse had offered. He hadn't even asked Jesse to get him out of jail. "What is it, Luke?"

Luke looked very serious. "On my dresser is a small white box. It has been there since I dated Robin. I just recently figured out Dixie's size and had it sized and cleaned. I had plans to give it to her myself but never found the right moment. Will you see she gets it. NO matter what happens I want her to have it."

Jesse knew the box. "Luke would that be your Mother's engagement ring?"

With tears in his eyes for the first time since Jesse arrived, Luke bit his lip before he answered. He said as his voice cracked just a bit, "Yes, ... it is. If she'll have it after all this, I'd like her to have it, ... and all the promises that goes with it."

"You'll be able to do that yourself." Jesse tried to assure Luke.

Luke shook his head, "I'm not so sure about that."

Jesse left to go check on Dixie and talk to Luther. He noted the garage wasn't open yet so everyone was likely still at the farm.

Jesse pulled up at the Davenport farm to see Luther and Cooter and Lori all looking at Dixie with evil looks while B.L was standing in front of her hands on hips feet spread apart ready to do battle it seemed.

Luther Davenport wasn't a bit surprised to see the white pickup coming down the driveway.

Jesse walked onto the porch. "Luther our families go way back." he began.

Luther nodded but his eyes never left Dixie behind B.L as he spoke "That's true Jesse and I'm just as sorry as you to see it all end this way, but what Luke did to my little girl I won't stand for!"

Jesse calmly said, "I've talked to Luke this morning. He would like to do what he can to fix the situation."

Luther ground his teeth speaking through them clenched he asked "can he give back her VIRGINITY?!"

Dixie flinched behind B.L so close to B.L's back that she had felt it. Jesse continued calmly.

"Luke knows what you and most everyone else is going to think. He told me that Dixie wasn't just another girl. He said he loves her." Jesse sees steam coming out of Luther's ears and his face is turning red. "Hear me out ... He'd like to marry her."

Lori then shot back "What good will that do? So Dixie can end up like me DIVORCED by age 20!"

Jesse tried to explain further, "Luke knows that even if you allow her to marry him that you may not change your mind about the charges. He's not saying that to get out of trouble. How happy do you think she'd be knowing you sent him to prison? Luther," Jesse said very gently hoping not to set Luther off, "Luke says she could be with child."

Luther spoke again barely controlling his anger "it doesn't matter if he marries her or not I WON'T drop the charges!" The last bit about Dixie possibly being with child was more than Luther could take he took a step toward B.L intending to go THROUGH her to get to Dixie causing B.L to jump and push Dixie back so she was pinned between the wall and herself.

Jesse said calmly in a commanding voice, "LUTHER DAVENPORT! Touch one hair on that girls head while you are THAT mad and I'll have Rosco lock you up!"

Luther looked at Jesse when he spoke but he was too mad still to think rationally he said "I'm not gonna touch one hair on her head but her a-- is MINE!"

By now Konrad had made his way to the front door the sight that met his eyes nearly blew him away. Luther was about 10 shades of purple, Lori looked like the cat who ate the canary and Cooter was obviously hot under the collar too but what surprised him the most was that B.L had Dixie pinned betwenn herself and the wall.

Jesse stepped closer to the porch and said in a voice that even worried Cooter, "Luther DON'T do it. Don't touch her while you are this mad. Whip her if you must but do it when you aren't mad!"

Luther said "Jesse I may NEVER be calm again!"

"Luther YOU or I, NOR them can change what's happened." Jesse said calmly, "But we all need to do what's best for them."

"What's best for HER is a whippin!" Luther fumed.

"Uncle Luther it didn't change anything when ya whipped me and Lori for this sorta thing what makes ya think it's gonna change anything with Dixie?" B.L intervened quietly while Luther was taking a breath before his next round of shouting.

Dixie finally got a bit brave and spoke up, "I talked LUKE into the backseat! He didn't FORCE me into anything. Uncle Jesse I've loved Luke a LONG TIME" Dixie saw Lori glaring at her, "Guess you knew us both better than we knew ourselves, Cousin. I didn't know me being 16 was a problem, I swear that! I'd never have put Luke in this situation if I KNEW! Uncle Jesse PLEASE don't LET LUTHER send LUKE to prison." Dixie had spit her father's name out like she had a bad taste in her mouth and was barely able to say the word 'prison'.

Konrad inched his way out on the porch but he tried to look invisible he didn't want Luther to turn on him for just being kin to Luke.

Luther was still seething as he glared at Dixie, "YOU talked HIM into WHAT???? MY 16 year old daughter has now got the reputation of a WHORE. HE's done this to one too many girls Jesse. I'm going to see to it that I do everything in my power to have the book thrown at him." Luther's voice was raising. Then, he turned to BL and warned, "YOU stay out of THIS or I'll whip YOU BOTH!" It was at that time Konrad came onto the porch, Luther barked, "BOY! You HAD BETTER GET! I can't get my hands on THAT cousin of yours BUT I CAN YOU!!" Jesse motioned for Konrad to keep on moving. Jesse had things for now under control BUT BARELY!

B.L ignored Luther's warning to stay out of it she wasn't going to stand there and let him call Dixie a whore she hadn't done anything other girls in the county hadn't done B.L and Lori included. "YA BETTER WHIP ME NOW THEN COS I'M NOT STAYIN OUT OF IT! KONRAD AND ME AIN'T STOPPED SHARIN' MY ROOM JUST COS YOU WHIPPED ME AND BOUNCED HIS HEAD OFF THE WALL. AND ANOTHER THING WE AIN'T KEPT IT INNOCENT NEITHER JUST SHARIN' THE BED FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW!"

Konrad didn't stick around for another second after that outburst he jumped off the porch and took off running toward his car and speeding out of the yard like a scalded cat.

Luther had his hands full with Dixie, but Cooter jumped the porch rail and took off after Konrad!

Dixie knew BL's reaction would be to help Konrad, but she grabbed on the her and held her in front of her for dear life!

BL relaxed just a little once Konrad got in his car and took off!

Cooter knew the wrecker would never catch that car and came back to the porch.

Dixie added to BL's outburst, "LUTHER, There is only one WHORE on this porch! It's YOUR precious LORI! She's had a reputation of a whore since she was like TEN!"

Lori was off the proch rail she had been leaning against, crossed the porch, slapping Dixie before BL knew what was happening.

Dixie came out from behind BL and gave Lori and upper cut from he-- right in the chin.

Lori didn't go down but Dixie had rocked her world.

Lori had managed to pick Dixie straight up by the neck and hang her in the air,"THE ONLY WHORE ROUND HERE IS YOU... AINT NOTHIN BUT A TEENAGR SLUT.... HE** WHEN I LOST MINE I WAS OLDER THAN 16!!! CAN'T SAY NOTHIN TO ME NOW... BUT THERE IS ONE THING I DO HOPE AND I HOPE AND PRAY YER PREGNANT AND THAT DA**ED CHILD KILLS YOU!"

Lori dropped Dixie who went after her trying to regain her breathe back, Lori grabbed her and twisted her arm hearing it snap. Luther pulled Lori away and basically slung her off the porch, Lori was breathig hard and had fire in her eyes, Luther looked to Dixie and then to Lori,"You..broke her arm..."

Jesse looked to Lori and shook his head. Luther went in and called Doc. Dixie was almost in tears, Cooter walked over to lori and stood beside her trying to calm her down. Lori looked to Cooter and said,"Cooter....if I had my way she'd be in a pine box right now 6 feet under the ground.."

Cooter only agreed to calm her down.

Dixie.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail.........

Dixie was glad for one thing, Luther at least didn't want to kill her at the moment. Doc came out and checked her out and it appeared that they had all been wrong the crack was a board on the old porch not Dixie's arm. Luther was still steamed not only at Dixie but now at Lori too. But it was time they all left for Luke's bond hearing and Luther was more determined than ever to see the 'book' thrown at Luke. No amount of talking could change Luther's mind. Jesse had radioed the others in case they wanted to be there for Luke, which he was sure they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had left before the others hoping to see Luke. She just couldn't WAIT to rub his troubles in his face.

NOTE: Due to an unfortunate situation, Lori's owner has let BL and I know she no longer wishes to post to this link. We are sorry to loose her but I will exit her character as gracefully as possible in order to hopefully continue this story.Should she wish to return her and her character may return and will be welcomed if it's in the sprit of good natured fun.

Lori went to the jail, walked down to Luke's cell.

Luke looked up.

Lori just smiled a satisfied grin and left. She got in Midnight which she now had the rank to be able to keep him on post and decided to return to the Marines.

Luke knew the look, the smile and all their meanings. She was rubbing everything he'd given up to have Dixie, only to go to prison for, in his face.

Luke knew he was sunk and it was going to be a LONG twenty years or so!

At the hearing Daisy and B.L tried to comfort Dixie as she sat crying her eyes out listening to the hearing. Luke was sentenced to jail but eventually pardoned and then joined the marines. Dixie left to go back to her mother's Luther still hadn't forgiven her and life was HARD in hazzard for her because of it. Konrad went back to Atlanta when he'd took off like a scalded cat out of the Davenport yard but eventually returned when he felt it was safe again. He also went into the marines at the same time Luke did. B.L and Cooter were left at the farm with Luther and though he wasn't thrilled with B.L's indescretions anymore than he had been Dixie's they made peace and everything returned to normal for Hazzard.