Dixie's 16th Birthday Suprise

DixieDavenport

The next song Jeb played was "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.

Just the other night a hometown football game

My wife nd I ran into my old high school flame

And as I introduced them the past came back to me

And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be

She was the one that I'd wanted for all times

And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine

And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then

I'd never ask for anything again

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams

And I could tell that time had changed me

Inn her eyes too it seemed

We tried to talk about the old days

There wasn't much we could recall

I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife

And then and there I thankedd the good Lord

For the gifts in my life

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...

Lori looked at Luke. Luke looked at Lori. Robin looked at Luke. Robin looked at Lori. Lori looked at Robin. Lori then looked Luke, then they all looked at Jeb....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was enjoying the song until she saw the looks that were being exchanged between everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke had taken the time to talk to BL and Daisy about hosting Dixie's party. He was also considering talkng to Lori but was afraid or 'rocking the boat'.!

Bo was watching Luke, Lori and Robin..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori shook her head and laid it down whining, yea ok she'll admit it she still loves Luke...BUT Jeb just had to play that song. When Jeb saw the looks everyone was giving him he cursed and went to set down, unknowings what kinda feelings he stirred up tonight...

B.L. noticed the looks and shook her head thinking out of all Duke boys he had to be the stupidest one!!

Luke..............

Luke looked at Robin and suggested, "How about we slide out of here."

Robin hadn't been ready to leave but took Luke's lead, "Fine by me."

Luke stood up and took Robin's hand and began making a path through crowd. He stopped just long enough to whisper to Daisy, "Don't worry if I ain't home tonight, I'll be there to do the chores in the morning."

Luke and Robin were out the door and headed towards Robin's. Luke said on teh way to her house, "Sorry I wanted to leave early but I've seen Lori drink like that before when I've been out with someone else. It usually doesn't end well."

Robin replied, "It's Ok. You are planning to stay tonight aren't you?"

Luke smiled, "I had hoped to."

Robin replied, "Good."

Even though it was earlier when they left the Boar's Nest the house was quiet when they arrived. They went to Robin's room for the rest of the night.

Lori shook her head and took Bo's hand leading him outside, yelling to B.L. first,"Hey B!! Ill be home later cousin....ill do the chores!!"

Bo was quivering cause he knew what was going to happen and it was finally going to happen to HIM!!

Lori and Bo left in the General and headed towards the farm, as things might have heated up at Robin's they did in the barn as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Robin meantime........

The next morning, Luke was up early so he could be home to do the chores as promised. He had quietly gotten up and made coffee. He was standing at the bar drinking it when he heard someone else up.

Robin's Dad was the first up. He hadn't know Luke was there. He caught the smell of coffee as he came down the steps. This seemed really strange since he was usually the first up. As he turned into the kitchen he saw a 'ghost from the past'. Luke Duke stood at the bar drinking coffee.

Now most young men would be shaking in their shoes but Robin's Dad and Luke had reached an agreement years ago. Luke turned and pour her father a cup of coffee.

Her father said as Luke poured coffee, "Well, look what the cat drug in. The prodical son returns."

Luke replied, "Something like that."

Her father asked, "Ya'll back together?"

Luke shrugged, "We really haven't talked about, but for now I guess we are. You know how it's always been with us."

Her father breathed a deep breath and sighed, "Yeah. Yeah, I do, but I'll tell you this. I'd have much rather had you as a son-in-law as that thing she married."

Luke held up his hands, "I tried to tell her that, but I'm not even going there. I do have something to tell you before it gets back to you from someone else. My ex-wife got a little close last night and caused Robin to put the car in the ditch. Car's fine, we're fine, but I drove back to here. As we were coming up Rt 7 I ran in behind Lori again. She took off like a bat out of he-- throwing dirt everywhere. I reacted and hit the gas a little hard and I ran by Rosco. So if someone tells you your car was pulled over by Rosco on Rt 7 it was and it was me. I got the ticket to prove it."

Her father shook his head, "Won't you ever learn?"

Luke laughed as he set his cup down in the sink, "Probably not. Now that said, can I use the car to get home? I'll bring it back a little later." He asked with a bit of a smile. He knew he would get the car but he knew he'd be nagged about the ticket.

"You just got a ticket in MY car AND want to BORROW it?" Her father asked trying to sound intimidating.

Luke wasn't buying, "Yeap."

Her father said, "I'll go get the keys."

Luke reached in his pocket and said, "I got a set."

Her father rolled his eyes at him, "Get the he-- outta here!"

Luke laughed and said, "Tell her I got the car and her keys, huh? I'll be back later or call. I may see if she'll run me to town later, I got to go to Atalanta again today and pick up another car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke arrived home early parking the car close to the house he headed straight to the barn... to start chores of course. When he got up there what he saw could have scarred him for life.... sure he'd seen Lori and Bo both naked but together was a whooole new persepective to him..

Luke didn't say a word. He shook his head, turned and decided to go to the house for another cup of coffee. Entering the house Jesse looked at him strangely. Luke said, "I was going to get started early this morning, but I got so scared in the barn that I needed another cup of coffee to start the morning."

Jesse replied, "Scared? You got scared in the barn? What on Earth could have scared you in the barn?"

Luke shook his head and replied, "I'd rather not talk about but I'm sure the site will vanish in a bit, but it just may be imprinted in my brain."

Jesse knew Luke well enough that if he wanted to talk about it he would when he got ready to. Jesse looked aout the window toward the barn but the only thing he saw that wasn't normal was the site of a very familiar black Mercury. "That Robin's car?"

Luke replied, "Yeah, Bo had the General Lee last night." He left off the part about not wanting to wake Robin to bring him home. Jesse would figure that part out and hopefully he wouldn't get a lecture about it.

Jesse asked, "I thought you was going to get a junked out car and store it on the other side of the barn yesterday."

"I got it but it ended up staying at the garage for now. I ended up buying two cars." Luke began.

Jesse raised his eyebrows, "Two?"

"Yeah, I bought the one with a broken frame and one with a good frame." Luke explained.

Jesse looked puzzled, "You're planning on making another car out of the two?"

Luke replied taking a drink of coffee trying to wash away the bad taste the vision in the barn had left in his mouth, "See Dixie road with me. She was saying how she wanted a fixer upper like Lori and BL. She'll be turning eightteen next week so I bought the other car for her. I'll help her get the good stuff on to the good frame and bring the rest out here when were done. I got to go get the other one today."

Jesse nodded, "Well, that was nice of you."

Luke shrugged, "Luther, Cooter and Lori didn't think it was! But, Lori and BL had their cars since they were around 16."

Jesse nodded toward the rooms, "Go get them and lets get started."

Luke headed to the bedrooms to get the others up. He hoped that Bo would decide to get up before he was sent after him once Jesse missed him at the table. The picture flashed in Luke's mind again. He hoped that now Lori would leave him be. He still hadn't actually thought about his feelings about what he'd seen yet, and though he expected Bo to try with Lori. He just never figured to see them naked together like that.....

Lori had drank a little more at the Boar's Nest before Bo had taken her out of there tossed over his shoulder she hadn't been falling down drunk yet he just thought it was a good idea to get her out before any real trouble started.

Dixie was still asleep she'd come in really late after the Boar's Nest had closed and she'd give Jeb a ride home.

Bo hadn't drank a lot because he flet like he had his hands full with Lori. As dawn broke in the barn Bo woke up and felt something very warm next to him. He looked beside him and there was Lori curled up to him. Bo was glad his memories of last night hadn't been a dream. She told BL before they left that she wouldn't be home. Once he had gotten Lori in the the General Lee, Lori had started unbuttoning Bo's shirt before he got out of the parking lot. Bo knew not go near the still sites even the old ones so the only place Bo could think of was the Duke hayloft. It had been a night to remember for Bo. He finally knew WHY every man in several states tried to get to be where he was right now. As much as Bo wanted to stay right where he was he knew he had to get up and had to wake Lori up.

Bo brushed the hair back from Lori's face, "Lori. Lori we need to get up before someone comes looking for me."

Lori opened her eyes to Bo's voice. Then, she scooted closer to him and mumbled, "I don't want to get up."

Bo nodded, "Believe me I don't want to either, but we got to." He spoted her jeans and handed them to her as he got up to put his own jeans on. He sure was enjoying the view watching Lori getting dressed. "We'll go have breakfast and I do my chores then I'll run you home."

Lori looked at him like he'd lost his mind, "BO! HAVE you lost your MIND? I can't go in there!"

Bo said, "And why not? You've ate breakfast with us for YEARS!"

Lori replied, "But not after apending the night with YOU in the barn and having to face my EX-husband."

Bo looked at her and said, "You all have got to get past that or neither of you will ever be happy. Besides, Midnight is still at the garage and you know I'll get tanned alove if I slide out of here before the chores are done. Luke may not even be home. Now, come on."

Lori sighed. She knew she didn't have any choice in this at all, so they headed out of the barn. The first thing Lori saw was Robin's car in the yard .................

The next morning B.L and Konrad woke up slipping downstairs in case anyone was home. After finishing the chores they decided to head to the garage, B.L took her hair down letting it hang loose fixing it over her neck she'd noticed a hickey when she'd put it up and knew her cousins or Luther was sure to spot it if she wore her hair up. Konrad helped her do the chores and then they decided to go to the garage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the garage it was a slow morning, Luther and Cooter sat outside the garage watching the town begin to stir and eating donuts. B.L and Konrad came pulling up at the garage and got out it didn't pass unnoticed by Cooter that B.L's hair was down today over her ears instead of pushed behind them like she usually did when she wore it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori saw Robin's car in the yard and saw red she just knew Robin was there and so early in the morning too. Surely the little snot hadn't got up the guts to stay with Luke she thought as she and Bo entered the house. Jesse.....

Jesse had just been about ready to ask where Bo was, when he and Lori came in the door. Jesse looked just a bit confused. He had seen the General Lee when he looked out earlier but their had been no sign on Midnight, Jesse said, "Morning Lori, I didn't hear you pull in."

Luke had merly turned to the cabinet to get two cups down and poured them full of coffee as well as refilling his own.

Lori opened her mouth to reply, but Bo beat her to it.

"That's because she didn't just pull in. She's been here all night." Bo waited. He saw shoke on everyone's face but Luke's, but he couldn't read the expression either.

Jesse had pretty much figured where Luke had stayed last night and likely what had happened when he saw Robin's car in the yard. Now, he also concluded that Bo and Lori had spent the night in the barn. He had given into the fact that his boys were going to have women, but had drawn the line when it came to his house. He may not agree with their lifestyles and didn't uphold them in their choices, but if as long as it wasn't done under his nose in the house, the barn was neutral territory. Jesse looked to Luke who was handing both Bo and Lori coffee, "I take it you are ALL OK with this?" He was looking at Luke.

Luke replied, "Hey, we're divorced she can do what she wants, though I'd appreciate the same from you Lori."

Lori looked to Luke and stared him down,"I ain't started with you, I ain't said nothing to you.... the only one I started with was Robin and YOU of all people know I cant stand her and I never will.... you can get over yourself real quick and and accept the fact that not all of us like her what you do in your spare time is your business not mine you wanna run off and marry Robin the best of luck to the both of you..."

Luke held up his hands in surrended, "Hey I might have been out of line but I sorta take it real personal when the car I'm in gets ran off the road. I'll let ya'll be you let me and whoever I decide to date be. I'm good with what ever you all chose to do. " He smiled at Bo then back at Lori, "And, I for one also wish ya'll the best of luck."

Lori looked to Luke and smirked,"Nice Breakfast conversation huh?"

Luke shook his head and smiled handing her the coffee cup, Lori sat beside Bo and smiled to him and Uncle Jesse, Uncle Jesse only shook his head and sighed. Luke sat across from Lori. Every now and then she could catch a glimpse of him with that look in his eye, that what if look again, she'd do the same really.

After breakfast Lori looked to Bo and asked him to take her to town to get Midnight. Bo agreed and took her to town.

When they got there Luther had her keys and tossed them to her. She smiled and looked to Bo, Bo knew the look they jumped in and went off to have a rave, un-beknowingly Rosco was following them with Enos....

~~~~~~~~~

B.L. meanwhile,..........

Luke had finsihed his chores and told Jesse, "I need to get Robin her car back. She actually didn't know I was taking it."

Jesse raised one eye.

Luke replied, "I did ask her Dad, but she wasn't up yet."

"Oh, ok then." Jesse said, and then added, "Are you really Ok with Bo and Lori, ah, ..... I guess seeing each other would be a good way to put it."

Luke took a really deep breath and let it out before answering, "Well, as you probably figured what scared my in the barn this morning was the sight of them 'together'. Don't get me wrong I could tell the other day Bo was going to try his luck which was fine but seeing them undressed together was a sight I never EXPECTED to see."

Jesse decided to dig deeper, "And?"

Luke replied, "Like I said, I wish them the best. Hope he has better luck than I did."

"So, what's going on with Robin?" Jesse asked.

Luke shook his head, and replied, "Her Dad asked me the same question. To be honest we haven't talked about it. It was just a natural thing for us to turn to each other. Frankly, I'd say from my point of view we are both on the rebound and both needing someone. You know us, it's never lasted too long."

Jesse cautioned, "Just be careful and up front with wach other so ya'll won't hurt each other."

"Yeah, I will. I'll talk to her tonight. I'm going to have her drop me off at the garage and go get that other car. I should be back for chores and dinner. Luke said as he headed toward the Black Mercury.

All Jesse could do was shake his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie pulled up to that garage to see Luther and Cooter looking at two patrol cars and scratching their heads at the sites.

Enos's car had the drivers side needed dents removed and repainted. Rosco's needed the passenger side re-done.

Dixie asked, "Lori's handy work?"

Cooter nodded.

Luke pulled up in Robin's car. He got out for her to get into the driver's side. "I'll give you a call later and see what you are up to. Thanks for the ride."

Robin said, "No problem. Talk to ya then."

Luke walked onto the garage seeing the patrol cars. He just shook his head. He knew how they had gotten in that shape. "Luther can I used the wrecker again to go get that other car?"

Luther shot him and evil look, then threw him the keys.

Dixie replied, "I'll be back later, I'm riding too."

Luther just sighed. He wasn't happy about Dixie getting a car like that.

But before Lori left she looked to B.L. and her eyes got wide as she pointed to B.L.'s neck,"GAWWWW DANG!! THAT SUCKERS HUGE!!"

B.L. knew Lori saw her hickey and she turned blood red chasing after Lori. "YER GONNA HAVE A HUGE SUCKER ON THE TOP OF YER HEAD ONCE I CATCH YA!!"

Lori ran up the street,"IF YA EVER DO COUSIN!!"

Dixie.........

B.L...........

Dixie was just glad it wasn't her in trouble as she got in the wrecker with Luke. When Luke pulled out she said, "I've had one hickey in my life and Luther tried to beat me to death. He didn't say a word to her."

Luke grinned, "Life is not fair. I've gotten whipped a several dozen Bible verses quoted to me for having a girl home late or in the barn. I drove Robin's car home this morning and found Lori and Bo in the hayloft and Jesse never said a word to him about it. He was more concerned with if the three of us was Ok with her dating Bo."

Dixie asked, "Are you Ok with it?"

Luke replied, "I knew the other day at the garage he was going to try his luck with her. What ever floats their boats."

"I think it would be hard to see your Ex wife with Bo as close as you two are." Dixie said.

Luke said as they pulled into the junkyard, "Well, I will tell you that the picture I saw this morning in the hayloft wasn't one I ever expected to see." Luke hooked u the second car and headed back to Hazzard. He said to Dixie, "Since we've been on Probation I ain't got to come up this way much since we can't leave the County without permission and you know how much red tape I had to go through to leave two days in a row! So, how about we stop up here for a little lunch as part of my birthday present to you?"

Dixie said, "Sure I'm good with that and I am sorry you had to go to so much trouble to get to come back today."

Luke replied, "Ah, I just told him if I was working for the garage that these trips occassionally was part of the job. It's that or go back moonshining. He signed off on the travel form!"

Dixie laughed.

Luke was beginning to realize that he really felt comfortable with Dixie and was able to laugh with her. Maybe that's what had made Lori so mad about Dixie, that he had fun with her.

B.L grabbed a lug wrench as she chased Lori out of the garage intent to kill. Konrad looked at Luther and Cooter and didn't like the looks he was gettin' one bit. He hoped B.L came back before they killed HIM. While he was nervously watching the two Davenport men B.L and Lori had just made their second lap around the town square B.L gaining on Lori.

"LOREN WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'M GONNA CLUB YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH THIS WRENCH THEN WRING YER NECK!!!!"

Lori just laughed and kept right on running going for another lap around the square. B.L decided she wasn't gonna catch Lori she was tiring and slowing down so gave the wrench a swing and sent it sailing and hit her intended target smacking Lori right in the head with it.....

Lori got the wrench and looked to B.L.,"YOU DUMB IGIT!!! ILL KILL YOU!!!!"

Lori got the wrench and turned around heading straight for B.L.. B.L. cursed and ran back to the garage running inside. Lori chased her and flung the wrench hearing a loud SMACK!! as it hit B.L right in back the head. Cooter ran in and grabbed Lori draggin her out, When Lori saw B.L come after her again Lori scooted to her feet and was out from Cooter's grip and in Midnight flying down the road.

B.L. came out cussing and vamping at her.

Dixie........

Dixie and Luke showed up at the garage about that time with the second car. Luke was just missed by Midnight as Lori tore out of the garage.

Luke swore as he now backed into the area beside the first car at the side of the garage. "I swear she is trying to KILL ME or HER One!"

Dixie nodded, "Or ME?"

In the garage Luke asked Cooter, "What is going on?"

Cooter replied bluntly with a mean look at Konrad "B.L's got a hickey and Lori pointed it out."

Luke looked at his cousin and said, "Cousin if you're the one that put if there. I wouldn't want to be you."

Luke say the way Cooter and Luther were looking at Konrad and he decided he had been in his cousin's shoes one too many times. He handed Luther the wrecker keys and said, "Thanks for the use of the wrecker. If you need me to drive anytime for one of ya'll just shout." Thenhe turned to Dixie, "Well, we got them both here and I'll give you a hand when I can, but if you don't care how about giving me a ride to the farm so I can get busy out there." Luek gave Konrad a 'I've been there' look as he turned to leave.

Dixie replied, "Sure, not a problem."

They drove off towards the Duke farm, Luke said out loud, "Ya know I was supposed to call Robin for a ride but I think that cousin of mine is about to find himself in as much hot water as me and Jeb. Besides, I think I'm going to talk to her. We were both going through a bad time and it was real easy for us to turn to each other but it still won't work with us. I think I'm just going to not see anyone for awhile. I'm going to go do my chores, shower, grab the pick up and go talk to her, then I plan to go to the Boar's Nest ALONE." Luke laughed and I have every intention of leaving alone too! I might just come set with you at the band's table tonight. May tell Jeb I'll sing a song or two with him."

Dixie was smiling ear to ear on the inside!

Konrad gave Luke a look that said 'i don't want to be me either'. After Luke deserted him Konrad looked back at Luther and Cooter. If looks could kill he'd drop dead by now. Luther pointed at him and said "Mr. Duke I take it that you were the one who put that on my nieces neck?"

Konrad nodded slightly and answered braver than he felt truth was he was shaking in his boots "yes sir"

"Uncle Luther don't give him the third degree! It ain't the first time I've had one YOU just ain't never seen them before"

Luther looked at BL, "I'll deal with you later. Right now I want to talk to Konrad. You are Jesse's nephew adn though I have had trouble with those cousins of yours around MY GIRLS before I thought you would respect the fact that I have opened my home to you and you flaunt in my face the fact you have interests in My neice instead of talking to me. I'd like to know your intents towards her?"

B.L puts her hands on her hips and looks at Luther straight in the eye and says "I'm and adult what I do is MY business stop treating me like a child Uncle Luther."

Konrad straightened his shoulders and said calmly with more confidence than he felt in the intimidating prescence of B.L's angry Uncle.

"I don't know my exact intent sir but I do swear to you i WILL NOT hurt her."

Luther glared at BL and informed her, "You both are living under MY roof. My roof, my rules, no back talk! I told you I'd get to you. Konrad hurting my neice wasnt' what I was getting at. First you hurt her YOU WILL DEAL WITH ME. Second I was worrying more about her reputation than whether you intended to hit her, cause THAT won't happen in this lifetime."

B.L knew she was pushing it but opened her mouth again at the questioning of her reputation.

"I AIN'T Lori Uncle Luther I been with one other boy back in highschool you know that! I don't flaunt my business all over the county either!"

Konrad assured Luther "Her reputation will not come into question I promise you that. I will do nothing to make her reputation be questioned or bring shame upon her or the family."

Luther pointed at BL, "I'm warning you I'll take you out back and tan your hide!" Then he turned to Konrad, "I will hold you to your word! And I WILL have no ROOM hoping at MY HOUSE!"

Konrad nodded respectfully and answered quietly "yes sir understood"

B.L thought about telling Luther Konrad didn't room hop he'd been in hers since the first night but thought better of it and kept her mouth shut for once.

Luke thanked Dixie for the ride and said, "I might see ya tonight at the Boar's Nest. Save me a seat, huh?"

Dixie replied, "You got it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke walked in an grabbed a glass of tea before startinghis chores.

Bo came in and asked, "Luke, seriously are we OK? I don't know what's going to happen with me and Lori but I don't want up to have problems like.........."

"Like with me and Vance?" Luke questioned. He saw Bo nod 'yes' and added, "Bo our problems was when I wanted Lori and when I was married to her and I thought he was trying to take her away. The difference is I am divorce from her. She isn't mine, you aren't trying to talke her. You and me aren't both trying for her attentions, Bo. I'm moving on. I gave it the best try I could, it didn't work. I wish you better luck than I had."

Bo asked, "You and Robin an item again?"

Luke shook his head and sighed, "You at the 4th person I've told this to today and if I ever get the chores done I suppose I need to tell her. I don't see us going anywhere least not now. I figure it was us both needing someone and we were it for each other."

Bo looked at him confused, "WHAT??? After all the Sh-- you two have been through and you have another chance and are ..........."

"Walking away from it?" Luke asked, "Yeah, that's what I'm doing."

Bo asked, "So, who are you going to date?"

Luke smiled, "I think I'm going to just hang out a bit on my own for a while."

Bo said, "WHAT?"

Luke replied, "You heard me. Let's get at these chores I got to go talk to Robin."

Bo shrugged his shoulders and followed him outside...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie got home and no one was home yet. She showered and changed into something that would attrack a lot of attention. She aimed to make an impression that she wasn't 12 anymore and hope that after next week people would stop treating her that way. Dixie fixed her hair and make up and headedout before anyone else got home to tell her she couldn't wear the outfir she had on. She had on a black leather skirt, red strapless top, with fishnet stocking and knee high boots with her now alburn hair and make up she was sure to get attention and Jeb would be with the band. She headed for the Boar's Nest................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pulled the General Lee in to Robin's driveway and wlaked into the house with out knocking as he had doen for years. Robin was at the sink and said, "I thought you was calling for a ride?"

"Change of plans. I got the ride. Speaking of which can we take a ride?" Luke asked.

Robin had heard this tone before and replied causiously, "Sure. Do I need to change?" She wore cut off shorts and a T-shirt.

Luke said, "No you're fine, figured t ride up on the mountain a spell."

Robin knew this is where they went to talk so everyone couldn't hear their covnersation. "K."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They drove in silence to the top of the mountatin. Luke pulled into a wide spot, shut the engine off and sighed. He then began, "When Bo told me you were wearing dark glasses at night and I thought you were being abused I couldn't wait to make sure you were ok. Then, all living sh-- went on with Lori. Us turning to each other was a natural reaction.For whatever reason: comfort, old time sake, revenge, because we wondered 'what if', what ever it was natural. Last night was great, but I can't led you on to think we will ever be anymore than we were in the past. You wanted commitment. I couldn't give it. I tried to commit to Lori and here I am. I think we are both on the rebound and both need sometime before we even consider getting serious wth eachother or anone else."

Robin looked at Luke in defeat, "I give up, Luke. We've tried so many times and everytime I think we are making it work you push me away. Maybe you are right. I don't know anymore. Just take me home ok?"

Luke said, "I am sorry, but I know it would hurt more later. I really don't want to hurt you."

Robin nodded, "So who is the lucky lady Luke?" She asked as he started the car.

Luke replied, "There is no one. I plan on not dating anyone right now."

Robin said. "For how long til the Boar's Nest closes tonight?"

Luke ingnored the question. Stopped the General in front of her house and said, "I'm sorry, really I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori, however was a different story, she did NOT plan on staying with Bo... in fact she was looking for someone new to find.. heh yep that was Lori. Lori went home after all the excitement and took a shower and cleaned up, Lori came out and went to her room and pulled out a tight pair or low riding jeans, she wore her rodeo belt with the big shiny buckle and a belly shirt that showed off her stomach, it was an off the shoulder one at that, she still wore the necklace Luke bought for her too.

Lori dried her hair and left it down, she curled the ends and fluffed her side swept bangs some. She had to asmit though, the blonde made her look more revealing. Lori walked out of the house and hadn't expected to see Luke OR her "little" cousin there. Lori walked in and went to a table near the back, she could see Jeb and noticed he looked quite "ravishing" tonight.

Dixie looked to Lori and shook her head, not saying a word since Lori was "suppose" to be working on her party. Lori had some thoughts, some that could get Dixie in a trouble..

Jeb saw Dixie but also noticed the looks that Lori was giving him, he thought a verry preeettty girl like Lori is here all by her lonesome, well looks like Dixies with Luke so....

Luke saw the looks the two excnahnged and saw the look on Dixie's face. He sighed not knowing that Lori would be here, but he wasnt going anyweres or letting her ruin his fun.

Luke................

Luke....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Luther had calmed down somewhat he'd let B.L and Konrad leave the garage. They were going to meet the others at the Boar's Nest but they hadn't gotten away without a warning to behave from Luther and a threat from Cooter to B.L that he'd be there and watching her as well as Dixie.

Back at the house they went upstairs to get ready to go to the Boar's Nest. Konrad said "I thought ya Uncle Luther was gonna kill us."

B.L shrugged as she went into her room with Konrad close behind "I figure he's gonna kill me anyway cos I didn't shut my mouth the first time he told me to."

Konrad turned her around and pecked a kiss on her lips "that pretty lil mouth gets you in a whole lot of trouble I bet."

"You just don't know the half of it." B.L grinned and wrapped her arms around Konrad's neck and kissed him lightly. Konrad pushed her back on the bed and leaned over her kissing her lips and down her neck it wasn't long before they were making out hot and heavy. Just as B.L reached for Konrad's shirt buttons he pulled back breathing heavily and said

"We'd best stop before we get caught."

B.L nodded and sat up, she went to the bathroom and took a shower then came back to her room wrapped in a towel. Konrad raised his eyebrows at her and gave her a wolfish look before he went to take a shower while she got dressed.

B.L put on a pair of tight jeans and a halter top with her cowboy boots. She blew her hair dry and then curled it in big soft waves with her hot rollers. Konrad put on his good jeans and a t-shirt and his boots when he came out of the shower. Then they left for the Boar's Nest.

At the Boar's Nest Konrad held the door open for B.L and when they walked in they could see Luke setting up front with the band along with Dixie who was scantily dressed almost making B.L's eyes pop out. Then she spotted Lori at a table in the back. B.L didn't want to be anywhere near either one of her cousins tonight she was there to have fun and couldn't do that if she was 'babysitting' Dixie or ended up in an argument or fight with Lori. So they chose a table in the middle away from both of the other two Davenport girls and Luke who was sitting up front with Dixie at the Band's table.

Luke was talking to Dixie and the other band members girlfriends or family at the table when Jeb took a break and took a seat at the table but he didn't actually seat by Dixie. He and Dixie had been talking about her car and what she wanted to do with it. Luke had been carrying on a civilized conversation with the entire table.

Dixie shot Jeb a questioning look.

Luke looked a bit confused at their exchange, but said, "Hey, Jeb I'm just hanging out tonight, if you want some help on a couple songs."

Jeb frowned at Luke in confussion for a split second, then shook it off and said, "Ok, I might just take you up on that in a bit."

Luke saw there was something up and from Jeb's expression he couldn't help but think that he was some how right in the middle of it. Luke looked around and spotted Jesse, Luther and Robin's dad along with a couple others setting at a back table. "Jeb I was just setting waiting to talk to you when you took a break. I'm gonna head back here for a bit." Luke picked up his beer and headed back to Jesse's table.

The older men looked a bit suprised to see him join them. Jesse looked at Luke with a guestioning look.

He didn't wait long before Luke shook his head and asked, "You all have been here since right after I came in. Have I done or said anything out of the way that you all know of?"

Jesse replied, "Well, we couldn't hear you of course but I haven't seen you do anything wrong. Why?"

"Well, I came in and sat up at the band's table to wait until Jeb took a break, but when he did he was acting weird. It was like he didn't want to set with Dixie and he's giving me some really weird looks. I've been setting there talking to Jim's sister, Dixie about the car, Matt's girlfriend and her cousin was asking me to set her cousin up with Bo but I figured he'd be here with Lori. I just got the feeling Jeb has something bothering him and I felt like what ever is bothering him I'm right in the middle. So I decided to just ease back here for awhile." Luke said.

Robin's father said, "I don't see my daughter here tonight."

Luke replied, "No, and I don't expect her. I told her how I felt and she's likely pissed, but I didn't see us going down teh same road we've went on a dozen times. It was natural that we turned to each other, but I think we need to get over everything before we would even try to see each other. That's actually why I'm here by myself tonight. I may dance a few dances with someone but I came alone and intend to leave alone."

The older men thought he was making a lot of since for a change!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie had gotten Jeb somewhat alone and asked, "Did I do something to upset you? I tried to dress up for you tonight and you act like I just got over a bad case of the mumps."

Jeb looked from Dixie to Luke and stole a glance in Lori's direction. Jeb replied, "Well, you and Luke sure looked mighty cozy there. Anyone would think that the two of you were together tonight."

"Ah, for Christ's sake! If I ain't heard this enough from for the past YEAR, now YOU start!!! Luke has never been nothing more than a 'big brother' to me. He wouldn't give me a second look if I walked in here in my birthday suit. I came here to be with you and set here like the dedicated girlfriend while all my friends are dancing and having a good time with their boy friends I'm setting here watching all the girls watch you and NOW you want to give me sh--! Jeb I like you but I don't need your SH--! I've heard it far too long from Lori to let you start the same line of accusations. Think about it. You know where I live." Dixie turned on her heels and walked straight over to Luther. "Daddy can you give me a ride home?"

Luther looked at his daughter. "Is everything alright?"

Dixie replied, "Yeah, just decided I don't want to stay and wait til closing on Jeb. I've got some things I want to do at the house while it's quiet."

Luther and everyone at the table knew this wasn't Dixie's nature. But, Luther said, "Let me finish my beer and we'll go."

Luke finished his beer and said, "If you're looking for a way outta here now. I'll give you a ride."

"Alright." Dixie said smiling to herself. If everyone was going to accuse her of Luke she'd just make it look like they had reason too!

Luke stood up and he and Dixie headed to the General Lee. He had the General Lee because Bo had told him he'd have Lori pick him up. Luke just realized that Lori had been at the Boar's Nest alone and Bo was likely home without a ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the stage Jeb saw Dixie and Luke leave together. He looked at Lori who had seen exactly what he had seen. She shot him a look that said, 'I told you so.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was still at the Duke farm. He had called the Davenports and the garage several times trying to find Lori. He had even tried to raise her on the CB. He was supposed to call Lori and she was going to pick him up, so he'd gave Luke the General Lee tonight. Everyone else had left and Bo was stuck at home without a ride. A position that Bo Duke wasn't at all happy about!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the General Lee, Luke said, "Can I ask you something?"

Dixie replied, "You can ask me anything. I won't guarantee I'll answer but you can ask."

"Did your sudden decision to leave have anything to do with me?" Luke asked.

Dixie sighed and waited a long moment before answering.

Luke had almost thought she wasn't going to answer him.

Dixie finally nodded, 'yes'. "Luke I don't know what I do wrong or why but it seems everytime I turn around someone is accusing me of YOU."

Luke said, "I was catching a bit of attitude from Jeb myself. I tried to neutralize it by going and setting with Jesse. I didn't intend to cause ya'll any trouble. I figured if I set at the band table with ya'll then I'd have someone to talk to and not have every girl in the county trying to get me to take them home. I was actually having a good time talking to you and the other guys friends and family." Luke sighed, "Seems sometimes I just can't win!"

"Tell ME about that!" Dixie exclaimed in frustration.

Luke said, "So what is so pressing at the house that you left this early?"

Dixie replied, "Figured on bathing the dog actually."

Luke shook his head and laughed, "You're all dressed up and are going home to bath the dog?"

"Nothing better to do at the house and I sure didn't want to listen to Jeb's sh-- all night!" She replied.

Luke asked, "So basically you aren't in a big hurry to go home?"

Dixie replied, "No, I'm not in a hurry. Why?"

Luke grinned, "Well, Bo told me Lori was picking him up. Lori was at the Boar's Nest alone and Bo's not there. I'm betting I have cousin at home without a ride and a real bad attutide. Want to have some fun?"

Dixie saw demons dancing in Luke's eyes, "You mean go get Bo and take him to the Boar's Nest?"

Luke was grinning and shaking his head 'yes', "Absolutely. And, when we get there it might just be interesting to see who Bo's date is with and see what's up with Jeb by the time we get back."

Dixie said, "You think he'll be with someone when we get back?"

Luke replied, "Well, he thinks you went home."

Dixie replied, "I'm game!"

Luke did a 180 turn and headed toward the Duke farm. When they arrived.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Boar's Nest.........

Back at the Boar's Nest, on Jeb's next break he asked a waitress to take Lori a drink of what ever she was drinking and give her an invitation to join the bands table.

When the waitress gave Lori her drink of Jack Daniels and told her about the invitation. She smiled and said, "Thanks." strutting over to the band's table.

From the stage, Jeb watched and smiled. The next song he sang was Sammy Kershaw's Lousiana Hot Sauce.

Lori knew the lyrics were meant for her!

Luke parked conviently where Bo couldn't see Midnight and had only asked him if he wanted a ride to the Boar's Nest adn have a beer together.

Lori was drinking her drink with her back to the door when Bo, Luke and Dixie walked back in.

Bo saw Lori and was shaking his head, he went to the table and tapped her shoulder,"Well howdy there...I was at home waiting on ya but seems to me you never showed.."

Lori bout spit her whiskey everywhere... she turned to look at Luke and said through gritted teeth,"Duke yer a dead EX-husband!"

Bo looked to Luke confused and shook his head looking to Lori and then to Jeb who had a dumbstruck look on his face, Lori cursed under her breath and sighed,"Bo... can I ask you something... do you seriously see ME being committed to anyone in a relationship long at all?"

"No longer than me Darlin'! But I do except you to be there when you tell me you will be!"

Lori shrugged and finished her whiskey,"Yer expectancy runs a little high for me then Bo... I like ya and all and I thank ye fer being there for me when no one else was.."

Bo replied,"But, I ain't your cup of tea?"

Lori sighed,"It aint that Bo..I dont know what I want anymore.."

Bo sighed, "And, I ain't IT!!!!!!!!!!!" He shrugged, and added, "No loose. I had A GREAT TIME! If you want to go further you know where to find ME!!!!!!!!!"

Lori nodded and held her thumb up,"Read ya LOUD and clear Bo..."

Bo smiled and headed for the bar. Lori reclined back in the chair and listened to Jeb and his band, only to find herself nodding off, the whiskey making her drozy.

Luke and Dixie.....

Luke and Dixie had watched the conversation from the bar. Luke saw Bo coming back to the bar alone. He told Bo, "Here's the beer I offered earlier. Sorry about that cuz. When I realized you said she was going to pick up and you weren't here and she was I figured you might want a ride to see what she was up to. I only half expected her to be where she when I got back. She had been setting alone in the back, but I knew by the way she was dressed something was up."

Dixie added, "Yeah, but from the flack, I was getting I knew Jeb was up to something too."

Bo sighed, "He-- Luke, I should haven't expected anything to come of it to begin with I've seen how she's jerked you around for years.

Luke looked at his ex-wife once again and shook his head, "She's on her way out now. She'll never make to the band breaks down." Luke gave Bo and Dixie a bit of a grin and added, "But, the way I see it, that would be Jeb's problem now won't it?"

Bo couldn't help but grin.

Luke remembered his conversation from earlier with Matt's girlfriend. "Hey, Bo if you're interested, Matt's girlfriend's cousin was wanting me to talk to you for her."

Bo turned his back to the bar and scanned the room and also the girl in question.

The next song Jeb's band played was a slow song. Luke Looked at Dixie and said, "You know I intened to come out tonight drink a couple beers and dance a couple dances. Since you've been dating Jeb you haven't been able to dance much. Would you like to dance a few dances with me?"

Dixie knew she would like nothing more and besides it was likely to get under a couple people's skins, "Sure, Luke. I'd like that."

They got up and headed to the dance floor leaving Bo to decide who he wanted to try his luck with.

BL wasn't at all happy with the table she chose because tensions were running high and if anything went down in here, they would be right in the middle of it. BL looked at Konrad and ..............

Lori got up and looked to Jeb, Jeb nodded and sighed, Lori went over to Bo and leaned up against the bar,"Maybe I lied Bo.... I do know what I want.. just to afraid to go after it..."

Bo looked at her and studied her a minute before asking, "So what is it YOU want?"

Lori smirked and ordered another shot of whiskey,"A good time and a good man..aint asking fer commitment.."

Bo said causiously, "I ain't ready for any strings my own self."

Lori smiled and threw back her whiskey,"Then, why dont we just have fun and see were it goes?"

Bo knew that she and Luke had many times made the same agreement. He replied, "Ok."

Bo wondered just where this was going and almost asked 'What about Jeb?' he let it go and smiled to her. The girl that had asked Luke to talk to Bo had seen him and Lori leave, she was hopping mad and decided to approach Lori,""You know you just told him he wasn't 'your cup of tea' so how about giving someone else a chance at him instead of stringing him along like you did Luke!"

"Strung LUKE ALONG HE--!!!,"Listen, if you wanted Bo so bad, then you woulda came and asked him YOURSELF and NOT have someone else talk to him for you!"

" And maybe I have a bit more TACT that YOU!"

Lori laughed and said,"Please... honey, I dont need TACT!"

"Maybe I prefer to be tactful instead of looking like a slut!"

Bo got that silly Bo Duke grin on his face and finally said with a huge grin,"I sure do like the outfit!"

Lori nodded and said,"I reckon thats all that matters.."

Lori took Bo's hand and walked outside with him when she heard that girl call her something Lori swung around and had her fist drew and immedialtey hit the girl. The girl fell to the ground and Lori still had Bo's hand,"Hows that fer tact bi***!"

Lori walked out.

Luke.........