Springtime Romances and Tragedies

LoriDavenport

Luke may have been drinking but he was thinking too. He had lost two girls in the last three months because they agreed to marry someone other than him. Luke pretty much felt he was batting a thousand. Lori had promised not to pressure him into marriage, yet, less than a week into a thirty day bet that they wouldn't sleep together, she had agreed in the middle of the Boar's Nest to marry someone else. Just how important could Luke have been if she was willing to promise the rest of her life to a man that hadn't been in town 24 hours. Luke thought that maybe Luther was right in betting him. Maybe his and Lori's connecting link was only sex. Without it, she was ready to marry someone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn broke to find Luke still pretty drunk.

Cooter stretched and asked, "You about ready to head back?"

Luke shook his head 'no', "How about calling Jesse? Tell him where I am, what's going on and that I need sometime. I may even spend tonight up here."

Cooter nodded, "You got it. I'll be on the HazzardNet if you need me."

Luke nodded and watched Cooter leaving, "Ah, Cooter, will you NOT tell Lori where I am? It's the only site I know of that I was sure she didn't."

Cooter looked back and said, "Ok, Luke, but I'm telling you she doesn't want to do this."

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "That's not what she told Billy Ray and 50 other people yesterday. I wasn't going to say a word to them. It was Lori or Billy Ray himself that felt the need to come jump me Cooter." Luke's muscles were a bit sore in places this morning from the fight but other wise couldn't complain. It was just that the fight shouldnt' have occured to beigin with.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooter nodded and said,"I know it wasn't Lori.... Luke, she loves you no matter who she goes off and marries yer always gonna be there in her heart no matter what.... Luke if you would've seen her when you left, and Billy Ray was there she turned whiter than a ghost... and he-- I don't even like her seeing him, I was better off with her datin you!"

Luke sighed,"Cooter, if she really did love me..she wouldn't marry another man, he-- I don't like him either and I swear I wish she coulda married someone else and NOT him you know his reputation round here, worser than mine!"

Cooter sighed,"I know it.... listen Luke, why don't ya go talk to her and settle things out, maybe you can talk sense into her, Uncle Luthers ready to kill her and B.L. and Dixie don't agree with it not one bit, if you tell her what you told me maybe she'll come to her senses."

Luke sighed and said,"Cooter, I don't think I could talk anything into her, maybe for they get married I may.."

Truth was if Luke had enough guts to tell Lori what he told Cooter he'd done and already told her by now.

Cooter nodded and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When he got home he hear whimpers and soft cries coming from Lori's room.

Cooter sighed and walked in Lori's room.

"Lor? you alright?"

Lori could smell moonshine on cooter and knew he was with Luke that night.

Lori sighed and said,"Coot...I don't wanna marry him! god knows I don't, im not even sure I love him anymore, if I do i'll just beat myself up over Luke...Cooter I thought that this danged bet would or had changed things but I must have been wrong."

Cooter looked to Lori because some of those words were exactly what Luke had told him,"Ohh cousin, you've got yerself in this one..and yer the one that has to get yerself out.."

Lori nodded and got up, Billy Ray wasn't there like he promised. He was too busy with Veronica, the girl he had ran away with in the Marines. Lori doesnt know either, Wellll Cooter went to the garage to see what Luther wanted and he caught the two there in th emotel, they were coming out. Cooter looked to his daddy and pointed to them. Luther gave him a nod and said,"Well I be...f it aint that danged Duke runnin off with another woman its him!"

Cooter rolled his eyes and got in his wrecker hopin to beat Billy Ray home to tell Lori.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke, meanwhile was thinking of Lori and what he should do, should he talk to her or should her not? He decided.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was outside on the porch when Cooter came up the drive in a hurry, she had her pocket knife out and was whittling, she looked to Cooter and said,"Cousin, you alright there?"

Cooter shook his head,"I am, but you aint...Billy Ray was with Veronica last night."

Lori got a smile on her face and thought,"Yes!!! I don't have to marry him, but then again he IS cheatin on me!"

Lori then quickly tried to hide her joy and spoke,"Well Coot...guess that means no weddin huh?"

Cooter...........

Cooter smiled and nodded saying "Guess so"

Lori smiled her first real smile since the proposal by Billy Ray and said with a small chuckle.

"Preacher never woulda got past the objections cos nobody would have held their peace."

Cooter had to laugh in agreement he could just imagine everybody jumping up at once protesting when the preacher said 'if there be any objections speak now or forever hold your peace' even the bride would probably have objected he thought.....

Lori sighed and said,"Yea well..... that only takes care of one problem, I've got another one, a bigger one..a one Luke DUke..... sides I reckon ole Billy Ray wont miss me too much, Veronicas a bigger whore than I am!"

Cooter couldn't believe she just said that about herself but had to agree it being the truth and all. Lori still intended to go on with the whole wedding thing, but.... time came she knew Billy Ray would leave her for Veronica she always knew.

Hour or two later that was exactly what Billy Ray done.. Lori and him had set their wedding date as soon as possible, it bein Thursday they wanted it on Friday.

Billy Ray looked to Lori from the front step and said,"I guess they just ain't enough love baby, Veronica gives me more love than you ever did.."

Lori smirked and retorted,"Well....I guess there aint then.... Luke gave me more love than you ever did and or WILL."

Billy Ray's mouth dropped and said,"So thats it all this time you were seein HIM??"

Lori smiled at the thought and remembered the memories of her and Luke,"Yea...Yea I was... and I loved every minute of it too, I understand now that it's not you that I love, it's Luke and I gotta go find him and tell him!! Ohh and By the way I never really intended to marry you--I might be crazy but I aint dumb! Billy Ray, ya'll take care now ya hear?"

Lori laughed and hopped in Midnight Rider, CBing for Luke.

"This heres Whiskey Bent to Lost Sheep 1, Luke?? please honey if yer out there pick up and answer me.."

Luke heard the call and figured she may be in trouble, or she just wanted to invite him to the wedding, which was stupid. He figured she'd done messed with his heart and picked up,"This heres Lost sheep 1, whats wrong?"

Lori sighed and smiled,"Meet me at Hound Dog Lake honey, I need to say somethings to ya.."

Luke snorted and replied,"Well I reckon I'll be there."

Lori hung up the CB mic and sped on.

Luke slowly but surely made his way to his vehicle and got in pulling out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At hound dog lake, he stepped out and saw her setting there, knees pulle dup to her chest arms rested on her knees. Her long brunette hair was blowing in the wind. She heard him and turned around smiling to him standing up.

She spoke with a voice as warm as the breeze that was blowing, "Luke I uhh.... I wanted to say that im sorry..I never wanted to marry Billy Ray I don't love him, I love you.. I went home and thought on it for awhile, I only offered to marry him because I thought that when you and him got into a fight and then me and you did that that was it... I thought that the bet had and would change things and I never meant to screw it all up... he came into town and I didn't even have time to tell him I didn't want to go to the Boar's Nest I wanted to give you yer space and I knew you'd be there."

Luke sighed and looked to her saying with a voice that would make you melt,"Lor..theres some things I need ta say to..Me and you click. I dont know how or why but we do... Since I made this bet with Luther, you've been on my mind all the time and i want you, not just your body, I want YOU.... God I guess the sayin goes, dont know what ya got til its gone, I just didn't want to get too serious, I thought that the bet had or would change things too, but I like I said, I dont want to get serious, when we're together, we're togther when we aint we aint?"

Lori sighed and smiled giggling she wrapped her arms around him and embraced him for god knows how long. She kissed his neck and looked to him saying,"I swear I believe its my last name that gets me into soo much trouble!"

Luke laughed and kissed her romantically, only to feel a ring on her finger, it was the engagement ring.Luke stopped and said,"Technially yer still engaged to him with that ring, and I aint gonna feel right til you..."

Lori took the ring, that was worth a $1,000 and chunked it in the lake, smiling to Luke and saying,"Not no more I aint... yer worth more than that ring ever will be ta me sugar."

Luke................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word got out all across Hazzard, that quick and B.L. and Dixie were out looking for Lori.........

Luke took Lori in his arms and held her tighly and began kissing her most passionately. It wasn't long until both were breathing hard with desire for each other. Luke suddenly remembered the bet! He pushed himself an arms away from Lori and uttered weakly, "Da-- bet!" He turned and headed towards the lake.

Lori watched him. Luke walked determinely toward the lake and jumped in clothes, boots, belt, knife, car keys and all. Lori looked to Luke and said,"Luke???? what are you doing?"

Luke was paddling around near where he jumped in, "Trying to find a cold spot."

Lori knew Hound Dog lake was always COLD. It didn't even start to get warm til August and it was still late May. She watched as Luke had evidently tried to swim off his frustration. He swam towards the middle of the lake as quickly as he could then finally turned and headed back toward land as quick as he could. He was making good time considering the weight of the clothes and boots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile BL and Dixie were looking all over the county for Lori and they were getting ......................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori laughed and helped him out,"Parently you found it?"

Luke smiled and laughed,"Yea I did..."

He kissed Lori and looked into her eyes, his head pressed against hers.

"We do agree that when we're together, its just me and you right? and we promise that when we're not together that WW3 wont start?"

Lori sighed and nodded,"I reckon I agree."

Luke sighed and knew she didn't agree but didn't want to fight with her.

Meanwhile BL and Dixie were looking all over the county for Lori and they were getting closer because they saw Midnight and Luke's car at the lake. They smiled seeing the two down there holding each other.

They left for home. Luke sighed and smiled looking to Lori.........

Luke sighed and smiled looking to Lori as he stood there dripping wet, "Ya know you really hit home when you accepted that twits proposal. I was beginning to think maybe all we had was the sex between us. I talked to Cooter, he said maybe our timing is just off."

Lori grinned, "I always heard if you love something set if free, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't come back then it never was yours. Luke, how many times have we done that and always ended up back with each other? How many times do we have to do it until we get it right?"

Luke sighed, "I don't know Honey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie looked at BL a few minutes later and said, "So should we conclude the bet is off and they DID or ARE going to?"

BL looked at Dixie. How could she have left without knowing IF they had or were going to do 'anything'. She.........

B.L. and Dixie both turned around and went to the lake.

When Lori looked to Luke and then to the hill she sighed and laughed,"Word travels fast fast round here."

Luke chuckled softly and smiled to her. B.L. and Dixie ran down, tripping over each other in the process. Lori sighed and said,"NO! we didn't do it I swear to it!"

Luke laughed and looked to them,"Honeslty girls we didn't do nothing, that danged bet stopped us."

Dixie and B.L. sighed, too bad they couldnt get them two into trouble.

the two left once more leaving Luke and Lori there. Lori led Luke to Midnight and pulled some clothes out of her trunk, Luke had put some in there whilst they had their midnight rolls in the hay,"Were would I be without you?" Luke asked taking the clothes,"Ohh I dont know, wet and cold!"

Luke laughed, trying to change. Lori put her hands to her eyes and was peeking,"I promise I wont peek.."

Luke reply, "Yeah, .... ah,...... sure you wouldn't! But, he--, you've seen everything before."

Lori giggled and smiled wide,"And might I say i like..."

Luke blushed and changed his clothes looking to her."Im gonna head on home now, you go home too and get some rest.."

Lori nodded and kissed Luke for she left.

Luke showed up at the farm with his hair still wet and his wet clothes in his trunk.

Jesse looked at him and said, "I'm here if you want to talk." He had recieved the call from Cooter early this morning telling him that Lori had agreed to marry Billy Ray.

Luke smiled weakly, "I'm fine now I think. The bet is still on and the wedding is off."

Jesse looked at him full of questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie innocently asked BL, "Why did you believe them so fast and WHY was Luke all wet?"

B.L. sighed and for once held up for Lori,"Let's just leave it Dix.... they've been through he-- and back.. just leave it."

Dixie sighed and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Uncle Jesse and said,"I met up with Lori and for things went too far I had to take a swim, Uncle Jesse she aint marryin Billy Ray cause she loves me, and I...I love her. We aint going to get too serious though and we both know that we click and we're trying to get te timing down right and we agreed on things."

Uncle Jesse smiled and nodded. Luke went to his room and smiled, thinking of Lori he then had to go take another cold shower, she had tat effect on him, he wanted her more and more each day. and seemed to get to know her each day too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori went home and walked in smiling, happy as a lark and giddy as god knows what. She smiled and went to the bathroom cleaning up, the she went to the kitchen and started to cook......

Jesse called fromt he living room, "Luke YOU are going to be late for your own graduation. I've suffered through all these years of school with you. I'd at least like to see you walk across the stage and get your diploma."

Luke replied, "I'm on my way!" Luke adjusted the tie of his suit once more. He had waited all these years to be out of school, but now he dreaded the finallity of the event. He knew Robin would be graduating up near the front of the class while he was just glad to be graduating and with his class at that. Lori would also be in the list of graduates. Luke took a bit of comfort in the fact that Cooter was finally graduating and would be pretty close by. Luke laughed a bit, he sure hoped he didn't get pulled over before he got where he and Lori was going tonight he had 20 gallons of Jesse's finest in his trunk for the party afterwards. To his knowledge everything was going to go off without a hitch. Rosco had the night off unless he was truely needed. Luke had plans with Lori but it was still three days until the bet was up so they still couldn't 'be' with each other and after Bo and Dixie's stunt they were fortunate to be able to even to out with each other. Luke headed to the living room and to the school for the graduation exercises.

At the Davenport house B.L. and Lori and Cooter were getting ready. Cooter in a pair of jeans, B.L. the same, Lori was singing at graduation so she had to dress up, she wore a dress that came above her knees, white-open toed high heels, the dress was a navy blue, strapless, she curled her hair and wore some make up not alot. She stepped out and everyone smiled to her asking her what song she was singing. Lori just smiled and said,"You'll see."

They all left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori saw Mylinda and Bessie lou and started crying. They all hugged and had their robes on, setting down. All their names was called and the honor's choir teacher was on stage saying,"For your entertainment tonight, from one of our beloved seniors... Miss Loren Davenport will be singing "the Rose and Faith for Fathers"

Everyone clapped as Lori walked up on the stage and went to the mic and began to sing.

Once she was finished with the songs she took her seat by Cooter who was seating by B.L. When the superintendent had announced them as graduates they all stood up and Lori turned to look to Luke with a tear in her eye and they all threw their hats off. Lori let out the loudest rebel yell and as soon as graduation was over she smiled and took her robe off and went to find Luke.

Luke had been surrounded by family and friends. He was looking for Lori who would be his date tonight but many of his classmates was worried abouthte refreshments and had to stop by to talk to him for assurence. Luke tried his beat to assure them in the camotion that followed the gradutaion excerises. Finally he spotted Lori who had been held up by her friends and family..................

Finally he spotted Lori who had been held up by her friends and family, she saw him and had a tear in her eye as she hugged him. He looked her up and down and said,"Beautiful sweetheart,and you sung sooo excellent!!"

Lori blushed and took his hand, everyone took pictures with them, they had one taken together.

Luke could feel his pants tighten as he watched Lori walk to his car. She was riding with him and staying all night with Daisy, just so she could torment him.

Luke helped Lori in and on their way there they talked......

Luke sighed and replied, "We've made it this far. We only have three days to go." He sarted his car and headed toward the lake. "Besides, I'm, ah......, the unofficial director of entertainment."

Lori grinned, "SO how much are you hauling?"

Luke smiled. She knew what he was telling her, "Twenty gallons." He shrugged.

Lori smiled wide, licked her lips, and said, "Doesn't look like it."

Luke nodded, "That's the point Darlin'. Your cousin and Uncle know there stuff!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the night passed, Luke and Lor watched couple after couple sneak off for privacy. Each time Luke bit his lip and Lori whined a bit. Luke nor Luther had figured the thirty day bet would take them past gradutation, but it had!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After things had settled down some at the lake, Luke saw Robin heading his way. She looked up at him, "Congradulations! I told you that you could make it."

"Yeah you did. And, even helped with some homework as I recall." Luke grinned.

Robin smiled back. "Yeah. SOME." She paused, "Luke the wedding is the 27th. I'd like you to be there." She turned with a tear in her eye and walked.

Luke saw the unshead tears. He'd remember the date but doubted if he'd go, though he had been invited by the bride. He watched her bid her farewell to her friends and get in Ralph's car and drive away. As Luke looked up Lori was looking his way, but she hadn't said a word, YET..................

Lori walked over and plopped beside of Luke trying not to let her dress ride up but that was too late, Luke looked and liked to pulled his hair out. Lori smiled and winked to him,"Welp what was that all about sugar?"

She nodded towards Robin leaving, Luke was quite shocked she wasn't jumping him and cussing,"Ah she uhh wanted me to come to the wedding, I doubt I'll go though... she congradulated me and what not."

Lori smiled and held out a paper, since she only had about a day of training left before she left, they sent her her diploma for finishing up her advanced and basic training. Luke looked at the paper and read aloud,"Cadet Loren Davenport, well don't that have a nice ring to it?, you have completed the courses which needed to be fulfilled in order to become apart of the United States Marine Corps." (I dont exactly know how these things reads but i tried lol)

Lori straightened up and smiled big saying,"Im quite proud o' myself too.."

Luke wrapped his arms around her and let her set in his lap,"Too bad we can't celebrate."

Lori wiggled in Luke's lap and said,"In three days darlin..we celebrate for allll the lost time."

Luke chuck;ed in frustration and agreed. Lori got some shine and slowly sipped it, she intended to get drunk and she would.

And that she did, they had about five girls, all drunker than skunks, singing and laughing. Lori sat on Luke's lap and fell over laughing for no apparent reason.

Luke.........

B.L was one of them five girls that was drunker than a skunk besides Lori. While Lori was sitting in Luke's lap and singing and drinking the rest of them was just settin' around here and there. All the sudden the CB was heard and it was Luther calling Cooter.

"Crazy C you got yer ears on?"

Cooter shushed the drunk girls as best he could which wasn't very good they were done too far gone to care then he answered the call "Yeah Dad what's up?"

Luther proceeded to tell Cooter about a phone call that had come for him from Beverly in Alabama. Seems she was getting married to this other guy that was wealthy. But the biggest news was she'd had a baby a little girl and all Cooter had to do was do the math to know who the father was. He got this dazed sick look on his face and nearly fell over. Seeing that look sobered Lori and B.L up pretty quick as they jumped to their feet and made their way over to him a little unsteadily catching him before he could fall completely to the ground easing him down instead he looked at his two female cousins and Luke who was now hovering over him too and babbled.

"I......I don't believe it I....I'm a daddy"

Luke.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L and Lori....

Luke hadn't heard the CB transmission. "Cooter buddy what are you talking about?"

Cooter wasn't really hearing anyone around him right now, but he focused on Luke as he started to stand up, "I gotta go!"

Luke said, "Wait. Go where?"

Cooter replied, "Alabama. I gotta find Beverly!"

Luke knew a little bit about their history. He was glad he'd changed into his jeans at he school before leaving for the party. He was beginning to see this was going to be a long night. "Cooter look why don't you wait til morning? I'll even go with you."

Cooter shook his head, "Nah, I'm heading out now."

Luke looked to Lori. He knew neither one of them should likely be driving right now, but he said, "Hang on a second." He turned to Mark and said, "Cooter is determined to go outta here tonight. I'm going to go with him. I'll leave my car here til morning. Can you get Lori and BL home?"

Mark sighed. He knew the girls were pretty loaded, but saw how ghostly white Cooter still was. He said, "Yeah sure. Ya'll be careful."

Luke told Lori, "I'll go with Cooter. Mark will make sure you get home." He kissed her before she could reply and headed to the passenger side of Cooter's car. Cooter had been already pulling out.

Lori............

Lori sighed and threw her hands up. she wasn't going to fight with Luke and let him go, she would worry over him though. B.L. and Lori got in Mark's car as he took them home.

Lori smiled and said,"Thank ye Mark."

B.L. smiled to Lori glad to see her finally happy, but drunk. When they got in, Luhter looked to them and shook his head,"Cooter's gone aint he?"

Lori nodded and said,"And Luke.. to Alabama."

Luther nodded,"I guess we'll see them when we see them then."

Lori nodded,"Guess so."

They went to bed not soon after, Lori tried to sleep but couldn't help but worry over Cooter and Luke...

B.L had got stopped by Dixie on her way past Dixie's door to her own bedroom. She wanted to know what was going on all Luther had told her before was that Cooter had gotten a call from Beverly.

"Welp *hiccup* cousin seems *hiccup* Cooter's got hisself *hiccup* a kid *hiccup* and is gone *hiccup* to *hiccup* to alabama fer a spell"

B.L drunkenly informed Dixie to which Dixie's mouth fell open almost hitting the floor. They talked a few more minutes about the situation and then B.L stumbled to her room and fell into bed but she didn't sleep either the news of Cooter having a kid in alabama had sobered her up some and she was thinking about the news.

It was almost dawn when Cooter and Luke eased down a long driveway. Cooter stopped a good distance from the house that would have made three of Boss's house.

Luke asked, "Ah, ...... Cooter, .... are you really sure this is such a good idea?"

Cooter said, "If any of them think they can tell me I have a daughter and expect me not to come see her they are VERY mistaken."

Luke eased out of the car behind Cooter, "If you say so."

Cooter made a wide circle around the house until he came to where an upstairs window had a small balcony on it with an oak tree near by. Cooter began climbing up the tree.

Luke was standing at the tree watching, "Cooter I really don't think that's such a good idea."

Cooter kept climbing up the tree an onto the balcony.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While in Hazzard, another unexpected visitor was waking up in her room in the Hazzard Hotel. She had been at the graduation the night before to see her son graduate, but couldn't catch up with him before he left with his friends. She decided to get dresses, have breakfast at the diner and head out for the fight she knew she'd get when she told her daughter she wanted her to spend the summer with her. Anna Davenport knew both Dixie, Luther and likely Cooter would protest this, but she had let Dixie go to school here all year. She knew Dixie was getting to the age she should have a woman around. And to Anna's thinking Lori nor BL fit that description.

After coffee and toast at the diner, Anna headed toward the farm. As she pulled up in the yard, she shook her head seeing Midnight, the Judge parked along side the same (now) old wrecker that Luther had when they were together. There were several more pieces of cars and farm equipment setting around the farm. She got out of her Chrysler New Yorker and walked up to the door. She knew it wouldn't be locked, but then she still had her key if it had been. She opened the door and quietly stepped inside to see Luther the only one up and at the kitchen table with his coffee and paper. She couldn't resist and asked, "Buy your wife a cup of coffee?"

Luther almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice and looked up to see his wife standing in the living room looking at him. He sort of grinned and said, "Sure. What brings you HERE?"

"Do you really think I'd not show up for my sons graduation?" Anna asked.

Luther replied, "Well, no, but I didn't see you."

Anna said, "I didn't want a scene in front of all of Hazzard."

Luther nodded as he handed her the cup of coffee. He thought, 'Yeap same woman who thought I was making money dirty by taking money for repairing moonshiners cars.'

B.L came downstairs rubbing sleep out of her eyes and holding her pounding head she heard Anna's voice and stopped dead in her tracks making a 180 and going back upstairs to Dixie's room shaking her awake rather roughly.

B.L: "Dixie wake up your mother's here!"

Dixie sat up rubbing her sleepy eyes "Mom's here? so she probably came to see Cooter graduate."

B.L rubbed her head Dixie had a point there she didn't know why she hadn't thought about that. The two girls got off the bed going downstairs. Anna looked hearing them coming into the kitchen she raised her eyebrows at their clothing or rather lack of it in her opinion. Both had on a skimpy tank top and short shorts and B.L looked sick.

Anna asked with concern for her neice "B.L honey are you alright?"

B.L nodded and immediately regretted it holding her head "Yes ma'am just not feeling good this morning."

There was no need to tell Aunt Anna that she was hung over that would just start WW3 and B.L wasn't ready for any family squabbles until she had some coffee in her which she was pouring that very second. Anna however wasn't dumb she looked at Luther with narrowed eyes and wondered just what he'd let their daughter do.

"Luther this child has been drinking!"

Luther looked at B.L he knew the kids had a party after graduation last night and that there had been alcohol present and that more than a few of them had probably gotten drunk B.L and Lori was no exception and likely Cooter either if he hadn't been then he surely would get that way at some point after hearing he had a daughter. He looked at Anna and said

"She's paying for her drinking from the looks of it she's got a killer headache. Anna there's something you need to know, Cooter's not gonna be home for possibly a couple of days."

Anna sat her coffee down as B.L and Dixie joined them at the table hungover or not B.L didn't want to miss a single minute of this conversation. Luther took a deep breath and let it out slowly then said.

"Anna we're grandparents Cooter's gone to see his daughter in Alabama"

Anna.....