Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)

Jaime cried harder, half angry half ashamed tears falling down her cheeks.

"Because I don't want you to go out with anyone! I want to be selfish and have you all to myself instead of having to share you and risk losing the only father figure i've ever had to someone else....I'm a spoilt little brat for thinking it but I don't care! That's how I feel!"

Luke just stared at her for a moment realization dawning on him. "Jaime...you're my little girl...I love you...ain't no way ya can lose me t' someone else...but...in a way...you got a right t' be selfish... I shoulda considered you more...an' I didn't...I should be focusin' on you....not...not son some woman" He shook his head slowly. "I'll call an switch doctors tomorrow..." he said before turning and hobbling inside.

Jaime swallowed hard, tears still tracing down her cheeks...great...now not only did she feel like she was losing Luke as her father but now she felt horribly guilty that she had just ruined Luke's future. She just couldn't do anything right...

Shaking her head, she sobbed again and retreated back to the hayloft, burying herself deep in the hay.

Luke was having a guilt trip of his own. He felt horrible for asking his doctor out. They had told him things would change once he had a daughter... of course his lifestyle would change. It was selfish of him to think he could have the best of both worlds. Jaime needed a devoted father...and that was what she would get, so help him.

Daisy's jaw hung open for a moment as she listened to what Jaime had said before she ran a hand down her face softly and placed her hand on Luke's shoulders.

"Luke...your not selfish for wanting a relationship..."

She sighed a little.

"Look...I know that Jaime is special to you and you to her...but that does not give her the right to wrap you round her little finger and make you feel guilty for wanting a relationship...you are going to fall in love with people and Jaime needs to accept that. You can still be there for her and be happy...you just need to help Jaime understand that no matter what happens between you and a woman, she will always come first and you will always look out for her and make her happy...invite her to be a part of it, get her to meet your girlfriend and see how they both interact...Jaime might feel better once she knows who it is she has to share you with..."

"It is so long as you don't completly ignore her and lock her out of everything...Luke you can't do this to yourself. Not only is it not right, its also not fair. I'll bet that Jaime will get a boyfriend and not give a second thought about how you might feel about her dating...and no, before you say it, that's not different at all. I'll talk with Jaime, girls are always better at communicating feelings...don't you do anything until I've spoken with her, got it?"

Daisy said firmly. She knew Luke was the elder...but sometimes he needed pointing in the right direction as much as anyone else.

"And i'll bet if you took this to Uncle Jesse, he'd say the same as me."