lug nuts

RogerDuke

Hi Morgan, What I meant was this...to take a wheel off a car, you would turn the lug nut tool counter-clockwise. To tighten it (put it back on) you would turn it clockwise. If a nut and bolt are designed to go the opposite of that, it's known as "left hand thread". Not very many things are left hand thread so I am curious if that was an error or if 1969 Charger lug bolts and nuts have left hand threads. I'm gone.

I not sure remember I will watch again make sure if it was error or not as well.. yeah I see Luke sometime do that as well.. what I see it.. thanks let me know to realize about Luke or Bo do change wheel.. I know little more about car's thing because since I watch Nascar racing on Pit Road that I almost watch it when they change wheels on lug nuts and etc.. thanks. :)

• 1 month later...

i just found this thread so if your still wanting to know i could tell ya im not sure about the dodge charger but Chrysler first started using left hand threads in 1940. The last year for them was on the 1970 models and Mercedes Benz and some other German manufacturers STILL use it today and i found on the same site that '68 was the last year for left hand lug nuts. So im guessing that maybe the 69 dodge chargers didnt but, didnt they use '68 dodge chargers as well on the show sometimes, maybe the '68 chargers have them.