Anybody else ever wonder?

Yea, I've wondered that. I'm making a map of Hazzard County so I try to focus more on closer than longer distances but it is something to think about. With other places that aren't inside Hazzard County, they occasionally gave approximations to the distances but I don't recall anything that was ever said to even make an educated guess of the distance to Atlanta. In one of the Georgia episodes they said the Dukes make an annual trip there so I'm guessing that it is farther away from where the episodes were actually filmed or they'd go to Atlanta more often. I'm gone.

In one episode, when uncle Jesse was injured during a bank robbery in Atlanta, Bo Luke and Daisy went to the hospital and they said that it was a 1 hour's trip (well, to be more precise, a 1 hour's trip but driving like the Dukes: jumping and taking shortcuts ;) ).

Talking about hospitals, I wonder where's the nearer hospital to Hazzard. Atlanta?

In one episode, when uncle Jesse was injured during a bank robbery in Atlanta, Bo Luke and Daisy went to the hospital and they said that it was a 1 hour's trip (well, to be more precise, a 1 hour's trip but driving like the Dukes: jumping and taking shortcuts ;) ).

Talking about hospitals, I wonder where's the nearer hospital to Hazzard. Atlanta?

Good Question?

Hey !1976, good job of remembering the part about one hour. I keep track of names and certain people from other counties in my notebook but not businesses. For some reason, I was thinking Capitol City had a hospital but I'm not sure. Also, you're right Lukas, Hazzard is not that far from the Tennesse line. Here's something that might help. Remember when Cooter worked on the car of that older race driver? The car wrecked during a practice run. Cooter thought it was his fault but it wasn't and sold the garage to Boss to help the guy. Which hospital did they take him to? For some reason I can't remember the name of the episode....getting old.

Hey !1976, good job of remembering the part about one hour. I keep track of names and certain people from other counties in my notebook but not businesses. For some reason, I was thinking Capitol City had a hospital but I'm not sure. Also, you're right Lukas, Hazzard is not that far from the Tennesse line. Here's something that might help. Remember when Cooter worked on the car of that older race driver? The car wrecked during a practice run. Cooter thought it was his fault but it wasn't and sold the garage to Boss to help the guy. Which hospital did they take him to? For some reason I can't remember the name of the episode....getting old.

The episode is "Welcome back, Bo 'n Luke".

Talking about Capitol City, I have a doubt: was uncle Jesse injured during a bank robbery in Atlanta or in Capitol city? Maybe I confused Atlanta with Capitol city :oops: , so my theory 'bout "the one hour's trip" is completly wrong.:-? Maybe Hazzard is "one hour" far away from Capitol city.

Somewhere I read something about the Tri-County Hospital, but I don't know if it really exists. I read 'bout it in some fanfics, different fanfics, but I don't know why writers talked 'bout this hospital; did someone talk about it in the show, or is it a fanfics writers "poetic license"?

There was a Tri County hospital i1976 it is the one most used by the Dukes. There was also another one in Capitol City it's mentioned in Boar's Nest Bears when the opposing team's sponser says the really tall boy on the Boar's Nest Bears team isn't 13 so the Duke cousin's go to capitol city where he was born to the hospital and then there's also a hospital in cedar city which was shown in Carnival of Thrills.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he was injured in Capitol City, not Atlanta, which is about an hour or a bit less from Hazzard. In Hatchapie County I believe... or Chickasaw. Not sure which. But definitely not Atlanta; they only went to Atlanta a couple times in the whole series. They were always in Capitol City. It was the nearest real city.

BTW I think Tri-County is in Capitol City. Same place.

I believe he was injured in Capitol City, not Atlanta, which is about an hour or a bit less from Hazzard. In Hatchapie County I believe... or Chickasaw. Not sure which. But definitely not Atlanta; they only went to Atlanta a couple times in the whole series. They were always in Capitol City. It was the nearest real city.

BTW I think Tri-County is in Capitol City. Same place.

You're right.

I confused Atlanta with Capitol City :rottentomato: