NASCAR season 2006....

Capt_Redneck

Talladega coming up this weekend! We're leaving tonight to make the trip down. It's going to be good to see Dale Jr running his car with his dad's paint scheme. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out on nascar.com or foxsports.com. It looks pretty good in my opinion. I'm so excited I just can't stand it. These last few hours of work are going to be killer!!! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love"King" Richard Petty. That is the way racin' should be....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5548346

Petty Q&A: 'Sissy' young drivers haven't paid dues

/ FOX Sports Radio

Posted: 19 hours ago

The King of NASCAR, Richard Petty, spent some time with Craig Shemon and James Washington on Tuesday. We asked about the war of words between a number of the drivers in today's NASCAR circuit (i.e Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth)...

"There wasn't that much media coverage [early in my career]. You didn't have TV's stuck everywhere, reporters, and all this kind of stuff. I think there was less talk and more action at that time. If you didn't like what was going on with somebody else, then you just went up behind the truck and settled the thing and went on down the road."

The King went on to add...

"Got a lot of these young kids that's been racin' for however long, since they [were] five years old, they come in [and] they've always been, I don't wanna say pampered or anything, but they ain't worked their way through the school of hard-knocks like Bobby [Labonte] or a bunch of us did when we came up. So you got a different mentality. And then these guys come in and if somebody says something to them, they get all upset and all this kind of stuff. I think it's a little sissy more than anything else as far as I'm concerned. If you got trouble with a guy, walk up to him and tell him what your trouble is. If it ain't work, pop him upside the head, and let him pop you, and you go on down the road

We finally made it back from Talladega last night. What a wild weekend! I think some of the people go just for the party. The Busch race on Saturday was exciting with Tony's roof slide down the track, I'm so glad that he didn't get hurt. It sucked Sunday with the rain, I sat through it until they finally announced the postponement. Monday was awesome, there were some great drivers on the field. It was so awesome seeing that black #8 car flying around the track. When Jr's engine blew you wouldn't believe the noise. I think half of the stands left the speedway when we found out Jr was out of the race. People were leaving left and right. Then Jimmie Johnson pulled out the win, much to my consternation. I was hoping Tony Stewart would be able to pull off a win. He just kind of rode around the track most of the race, biding his time and then toward the end made a strong effort to pull out front. I really wish he would have made it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the race in Charlotte several times... I don't know how long you plan to be there, but every year they have what's called Speed Street, which is basically a street fair in downtown Charlotte. It's free, but they have alot of driver appearances and concerts by alot of awesome bands and singers for FREE!

http://www.600festival.com/

^^ that's the URL for the site...

I know that Three Days Grace, Staind, and Blake Shelton are playing Speed Street. There are some other bands/singers, too... Julie Roberts, Sevendust, REO Speedwagon... It's an awesome chance if you want to see some really good concerts for FREE! lol.

You should definately check it out!

And Charlotte isn't that far from alot of the driver's shops... So depending on how much time you have, check those out, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright ..haven't posted on herre in a bit.....

It was great t osee Denny Hamlin win one. I like him and his youthfulness unlike some of the so-called young guns who show nothing but disrespect and want everything handed to them....

Michigan is this weekend....Should be a good race. I have always liked this track....

I'm gone

Darrell

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

sorry I been busy keep forget about here for fan of nascar so I finish seen all racing was good and one rain delay over altanta and kahne won and other racing on the all speedway like good time... as well right now watch saturday night racing on july 1 would be pretty good night racing as well.. thanks. good night.. good luck.. :wink::)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while since anyone posted aabout the NASCRAP season...

My favorite driver didn't make the so-called chase. Tony had good year and hopefully win a race or two in the last 10...

Anyway I would love see Kevin Harvick win it all. Put the Goodwrench Chevy back in a championship . RCR is back . If he doesn't win Denny Hamlin would be great to see with Mark Martin as my always sentimental favorite...

I'm gone

Darrell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...