Metalheads only

StonewallBrigade

When I'm chock full of angst, there's nothin' like some nice, crunchy metal. In no particular order, I dig:

Rob Zombie

Korn

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Nine Inch Nails ( ain't metal, technically, but it's keepin' in the spirit.)

Also enjoying AudioSlave and Greenday's latest.

My musical tastes are diverse, but this fits those edgy moods.

Brian

I love music! All kinds!! But since the subject is heavy metal... or close variations there of... Lets see here... I like:

Disturbed

Creed (broke up! *sniff*)

Linkin Park

Godsmack

Staind

Saw some of them in concert, Creed before they broke up! I consider myself lucky! Crank that volume up! LOL

Jax

Cannibal Corpse

Carcass

Six Feet Under

Obituary

Morbid Angel

I think I'm detecting some kind of theme here. LOL. All we need now is a band called "Mortician." :)

Seriously tho'... I like Metallica (80's), Ozzy, a couple of Black Sabbath songs, ahh....after that it's mostly hard rock stuff (AC/DC, Areosmith, Guns n' Roses, ect...)

Creed and Jackyl are good bands, and yeah I dig AC/DC, and Aerosmith, too....hell, I might as well admit it, I also like Pearl Jam. Gun and Roses have a few good tunes. My faves there would be "Civil War" and "November Rain."

In the blue-collar rock and roll department, I'd say Cheap Trick is my favorite. Their concerts have energy like ya wouldn't believe.

Everybody's definition of "Metal" vs. "Hard Rock" vs. "Classic Rock" can vary. I remember way back when, there was "Rock" vs. "Pop" and that was about it! Now there's Rock, Soft Rock, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal....hey, what's the difference between Metal and Acid Rock? Did they drop the term "Acid Rock" when I wasn't paying attention, because of the drug connotations, or is that term still around? I can't keep up.

Brian

I always thought groups like the original Jefferson Airplane was considered Acid Rock.

In addition to Soft Rock, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock and Hard Rock, there's also Progressive Rock, Country Rock, Jazz Rock, Avante Guarde(sp?) Rock and Plymouth Rock.

Whups. Okay that last one ain't really. LOL

:wink:

In addition to Soft Rock, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock and Hard Rock, there's also Progressive Rock, Country Rock, Jazz Rock, Avante Guarde(sp?) Rock and Plymouth Rock.

Plymouth Rock ?! Somebody is a smartass. BAHA!

The Rolling Stones had a line that went, "I know it's only rock n' roll, but I like it !" So much for it bein' only rock n' roll nowadays.

Brian

Metallica

Pantera

Crowbar

Cannibal Corpse

Carcass

Six Feet Under

Obituary

Morbid Angel

If you like those bands, I HIGHLY recommend trying out IN FLAMES. My two favorite albums by them is Reroute to Remain and The Jester Race. If you want to download a couple songs, try any of these: Cloud Connected, Moonshield, Gyroscope, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Dead Eternity, The Jester Race, and December Flower.

Metallica

Pantera

Crowbar

Cannibal Corpse

Carcass

Six Feet Under

Obituary

Morbid Angel

If you like those bands, I HIGHLY recommend trying out IN FLAMES. My two favorite albums by them is Reroute to Remain and The Jester Race. If you want to download a couple songs, try any of these: Cloud Connected, Moonshield, Gyroscope, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Dead Eternity, The Jester Race, and December Flower.

I just started getting into this local Metal band called Darkling. I work with the drummer, and I saw them in concert once. Tey are pretty darn good. They're like between Iron Maiden and Anthrax, early to mid eighties Metal. They are 90% original music with one or two or three cover tunes thrown in. You can check them out at www.suckloud.com

I just started getting into this local Metal band called Darkling. I work with the drummer, and I saw them in concert once. Tey are pretty darn good. They're like between Iron Maiden and Anthrax, early to mid eighties Metal. They are 90% original music with one or two or three cover tunes thrown in. You can check them out at www.suckloud.com

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...