Everything posted by JDhoggjr
-
Bo and USA Today
Thanks for the quick response. I certainly knew the answer, I wanted to see how many others knew. And that is not only true for the series Smallville. According to the Wikipedia, they cite that as how the Kents came up with his name in the first place. Although there are different versions of how they came to adopt him...lol. It is actually an interesting read, if you are so inclined.
-
Bo and USA Today
The author of the post was not a John fan, nor was he a fan of Superman. Does anyone know how they came to name their foundling Kryptonian son, Clark Kent? The Kent name, obvious...Duh. But Clark...Does anyone know how they came by it?
-
What DVD Seasons/Series do y'all have
updated list....Yeehaw! I just acquired Seasons 3, 6, and 7 from my local Sam's Club. They were selling them for $8.88 a season! That is sooo ridiculous. They had seasons 3-7. If only they had Season 2 my collection would be complete. Also have added Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 Mork and Mindy Season 2 Golden Girls Season 1-3
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
INT. DARKENED ROOM - DAY MEDIUM SHOT - TORSO’S ONLY A Man in a WHITE TUX stands in front of table. There is a large briefcase on the table. The door behind the man in white opens and closes. Another man, wearing jeans and a BLUE PLAID SHIRT with sleeves rolled up walks up. The two men begin speaking in hushed tones. WHITE SUITED MAN You know the drill? PLAID SHIRTED MAN Yep. WHITE SUITED MAN Here’s half. You get the rest upon completion. PLAID SHIRT MAN That wasn’t part of the deal. WHITE SUITED MAN It is now. The Plaid Shirt Man grabs the briefcase off the table and walks away. The door opens and slams shut. THE BALLADEER (V.O.) That don’t sound good at all. And it don’t look good, neither. INT. BOSS HOGG’S CADILLAC - DAY Boss Hogg and Rosco ride toward the Boar’s Nest. ROSCO I really appreciate you paying my hospital bills, Boss. BOSS HOGG I paid your bills on the insistence of my wife, your fat sister, Lulu. She hounded me day and night. Boss Hogg lights up a cigar. ROSCO So who’s minding the store. BOSS HOGG Sheriff Ed Little. Rosco twitches. ROSCO Gudgit! That corrupt... BOSS HOGG You shush now. You’re twice as corrupt, you just don’t show it. Boss leans back, puffing on his cigar. EXT. COUNTRY ROAD - DAY Boss’ Caddy zooms down the road. MAYBELLE peers out from behind a tree. She scampers into the brush. EXT. CLEARING - DAY Maybelle exits the brush in a clearing. There is a yellow roadrunner parked there. She reaches in and pulls out her Nextel phone. MAYBELLE Maybelle calling Daisy. DAISY (V.O.) This is Daisy. MAYBELLE Boss and Rosco just passed the checkpoint. DAISY (V.O.) Gotcha. Okay everyone, they’re almost here. See you soon Maybelle.
-
What DVD Seasons/Series do y'all have
Off the top of my head...let's see The Dukes (1,4,5. My nephew scratched up season 2, discs 3 and 4. So I gave it away.) I am still looking to complete my collection...lol) Buffy (Entire Series) Angel (Entire Series) Smallville (1-7) MASH (1-3...The Col. Blake years) Airwolf (1) Macgyver (1) Fawlty Towers (Entire Series) Saved by the Bell (1-2) The Simpsons (Various. I think 1,2, 6,7,9) Good Times (1) The Jeffersons (1-4) Sanford and Son (1) All in the Family (1) Monty Python's Flying Circus (Entire Series) Black Adder (Entire Series) Mr. Bean (Entire Series....Well not anymore, I let a "Friend" borrow it...never saw either of them again) Supernatural (1-2) The Muppets (1) The Critic (Entire Series) Gilligan's Island (1) The Benny Hill Show (Entire Series) That's all off the top of my head, there are more, most assuredly...there are more....muhuhuhahahaha!!!!
-
Modern Version of Dukes of Hazzard
I figured that is what you meant, because I abso-f***ing-lutely hate the new chargers. They look NOTHING like the original. It seems to be a track record with Dodge, cause the same thing happened when they introduced the Charger II in the 80's. It was like they were trying to copy those "gangster" style cars that came out a few years back by chevy (I think). Thanks again for clearing that up... JD Jr.
-
Modern Version of Dukes of Hazzard
You hate the new challengers? Are you sure you don't mean the new chargers, cause they really don't look anything like the original. The Challenger actually has a similar body shape to the original, just more streamlined... Please clarify...If you so feel to, if not, that's fine too. Thanks! JD.
-
Modern Version of Dukes of Hazzard
Hmmm. Now I have made several posts in other forums, but I wanted to re-post the bottom portion of this since it does relate to the idea of a new series. Since we are talking about a remake, let's take a look at past remakes of favorite shows. Battlestar Galactica: Awesome and lasted 3 years longer than the original! The Bionic Woman: Flopped Knight Rider: Flopped. Although I did like the last few episodes, once they closed the SSC, and it was just the 4 core actors, and the resurrection of FLAG. But too little, too late to save the show. The Dukes of Hazzard 2005 and The Beginning: Flopped HARD Now onto a new version of the Dukes. I believe that it should be a mix of the old cast and new characters, such as Beau and Luke's sons, or even (and I know I will get hate mail for this) Coy and Vance's son's. That way they can call Beau and Luke "Uncle". I really liked the Charlie Daniels idea for resurrecting Uncle Jesse. As for a new car...Have you seen the new Dodge Challengers? (I know I'll get blasted for this too). But since the new Chargers look nothing like the original, I would be willing to see the new Challenger sit in. Now I have written synopses for at least 13 episodes of this series, which I am calling "The Dukes". Of course if it ever got made it would probably change back to the original title. If anyone wants to read the synopses, send me a message. Now on to the repost. I created a "teaser" screenplay, for a commercial to promote the new series. Here it is. Hi All, Don't know if you remember a while back I had posted that I was trying to work on a sequel series for the Dukes...Well a certain posting has got the creative juices flowing again. So I thought I would post my "Teaser" Commercial idea for the new series.... ENJOY!!! V/O Black Screen BALLADEER Do y'all remember Friday nights? EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY - DAY The GENERAL LEE jumps a dry creek bed. BEAU DUKE (V.O) YEEEEE-HAAAAA! The HAZZARD COUNTY SHERIFF CAR tries to jump and smashes into the opposing bank. Sheriff Roscoe steps out of the vehicle, shaking his fist. BALLADEER (V.O) Ooh. Looks like more business for Cooter. FADE OUT V/O BLACK SCREEN BALLADEER Welcome back Y'all; to Hazzard County. EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY SQUARE - DAY LOW SWEEP All is peaceful and quiet. The blast of the Dixie Horn fills the air. The GENERAL LEE 02 drifts around the corner being chased by a Hazzard County Sheriff's car. The General Lee 02 speeds out of the town square still being chased. BALLADEER (Chuckles) Y'all buckle up and hang on now, hear? The way I see it, the more things change, the more they stay the same...only in Hazzard County. ANNOUNCER: The Dukes return Friday night at 8pm EST. Please let me know what you guys think.
-
Feedback for The Dukes: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title
I am open to all things, I had planned on using Hughie Hogg, the evil conniving one, not that pretty boy from the beginnings movie..But I think I will utilise Abraham Lincoln Hogg as well. Thanks again. Jd jr. P.S. As soon as I write somemore, I will post more..
-
Feedback for The Dukes: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title
Thanks for being patient when it comes to reading this thing. I am kind of at an impasse here. I have a few more pages and then I am stuck as to where the story goes from here. Just to let you know... Someone tries to assassinate Boss Hogg at the Welcome home Rosco party. And wouldn't ya know it, a Duke gets blamed. So if you think you would like to help me write this tale, please feel free to send me suggestions. I am busy working on some other writing projects that might sell, so this one is purely for fun... Thanks, JD Jr.
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
Uncle Jesse turns back and closes Luke’s mouth. Daisy greets the new girl. DAISY (CONT’D) Hi Angie. Angie, 25, Brunette, wearing short shorts, and a fitted t shirt. Angie turns to greet everyone. ANGIE Hi, Pleasure to meet y’all. She winks at Luke. Both Luke and Beau stand. Luke pushes Beau. Beau looks at him. Luke gives him the “She’s mine, eyesâ€. Luke steps out from the booth. Beau sits back down. LUKE My name is Lucas K. Duke. ANGIE It’s a pleasure Luke Duke. Luke kisses her hand. The bartender walks over with rolled up banner. He hands it to Daisy. BARTENDER Boss wants this put up. The Bartender walks away. Daisy turns to Luke, Enos, Angie, Beau and Uncle Jesse. DAISY Can y’all give me a hand? Luke and Angie are still staring at each other. ANGIE If you don’t let go, I’ll be late for work and then I won’t be able to see you later. Angie pulls her hand out of his. She turns and walks behind the bar. Luke stares starry-eyed after her. DAISY Luke! Luke turns. Daisy is standing near the door. Beau turns to Enos. BEAU See that’s what you look like around Daisy... ENOS Really? Golly. Beau shouts at Luke who is still standing there. BEAU Hey Lover Boy, who’s obsessed now? Beau and Enos laugh and give each other a high-five and follow Daisy out the front door. Luke makes a face and follows. EXT. BOAR’S NEST - DAY Uncle Jesse and Luke unroll the banner. They hand the corners to Beau and Enos, who are standing on ladders near the stage. There is a big picture of Boss Hogg and it says ‘Welcome Home, Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane’. THE BALLADEER (V.O.) I guess it’s obvious who this party is really for. BEAU Hey Uncle Jesse, do you think Boss’ picture is too big? UNCLE JESSE A horse’s ass is still a horse’s ass no matter how big it is. Beau, Luke, Daisy and Enos laugh. Beau and Enos roll the banner up and climb down the ladder. Beau ties the cord off to the side. They all walk back to the entrance as cars and guests begin to pull up to the establishment.
-
A question for Mr. Best
Hi, I was wondering, if Warner's pulled their head out their *** and actually were to consider a new Dukes of Hazzard Series or Mini Series, which had none of the crap of the two recent movies (05 and 07 DVD) My question is, if the part was written for you to appear as Boss Rosco, would you participate? Or do you believe that Warner will never get their heads dislodged...lol Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions. jd jr. aka Pineapple Dan P.S I still have your business card that you gave to me the day I met you at the Taste of Oviedo in 03. It was a great honor to meet you.
-
Feedback for The Dukes: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title
There's a couple more pages posted....keep rolling in the feedback, either here or send me messages...Thanks.
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
UNCLE JESSE Beauregard Jackson Duke! You stop acting like a 5 year old this instant. BEAU Fine. We are co-owners of the General. UNCLE JESSE Good. Now spit and shake. Beau and Luke spit in their hands and shake on it. THE BALLADEER (V.O.) Now that’s the way deals are sealed. DAISY C’mon, we’re gonna be late for Rosco’s Welcome Back party. Cooter pulls a set of keys off the wall and tosses them to her. COOTER If you see Rosco, give him these. EXT. BOAR’S NEST - DAY Dixie pulls up to the Boar’s Nest. The boys get out of the back. Uncle Jesse and Daisy get out of the front. There is a large stage set up in the parking lot. Daisy runs up to the front door and opens it. DAISY I’m gonna be late, see y’all later. BEAU I need a beer. Uncle Jesse opens the door and the two boys walk in. INT. BOAR’S NEST - DAY Beau and Luke take a seat in one of the booths. Uncle Jesse joins them. Daisy ties on an apron and walks over with a tray of beers. She sets one down in front of each of them. Uncle Jesse lifts his mug. UNCLE JESSE Cheers! The three men drain their glasses. They slam their glasses on the table and make disgusted faces. LUKE Oh, that’s horrible. BEAU Yuck! UNCLE JESSE Figures, JD would water down the beer for a celebration. The Door opens and Enos and Cletus walk in. Enos is wearing civilian clothes. ENOS Hey Beau, Hey Luke. Hi Uncle Jesse. UNCLE JESSE Enos. How are you, my boy. Cletus frowns. Enos shrugs. ENOS Can’t complain. Beau and Luke stare at Enos. BEAU There’s something different about you... LUKE Can’t put my finger on it. Daisy walks up. When she sees Enos, she smiles and pats his shoulder. DAISY Hiya, Sugar. Enos smiles sheepishly. ENOS Hi Daisy. DAISY Enos, you got rid of the creature that crawled up your lip and died. Daisy rubs her finger across his upper lip. Enos swoons, smiling from ear to ear. ENOS Possum on a gumbush! Daisy looks at him. As does everyone else. DAISY What? ENOS Huh? That’s just an old family saying. Beau and Luke laugh. Daisy smiles again, and Enos melts. DAISY I never heard anything quite like that. Daisy notices the cut on Enos lip. She cups his chin. DAISY (CONT’D) Enos, you hurt yourself? ENOS Shucks, it’s just a scrape. Doc Appleby said I should shave until it heals proper. DAISY Here’s a kiss to make it all better. Daisy pecks him lightly on the upper lip. Enos, eyes closed, rocks slightly, in heaven. BEAU Wow...if she continues at this rate, Enos’ll have to give up his title. LUKE What? The oldest virgin in Hazzard County? Daisy stops, she shoots a mean glance at her cousins, who are laughing. Enos is oblivious, still swooning. She looks at Uncle Jesse, upset. UNCLE JESSE Well, now. That’d be up to Daisy, isn’t it? Uncle Jesse raises his eyebrows. The boys laugh some more. Cletus makes a face and clears his throat, interrupting. CLETUS Can I get a beer? Daisy turns and looks at him, sternly. DAISY It’ll be a second, officer. Beau and Luke laugh hysterically again. The front door opens and a beautiful brunette walks in. Beau and Luke stare. Luke’s jaw drops open. Uncle Jesse, turns in his seat, to see what they’re gawking at.
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
BEAU (CONT’D) Fine. Tell you what. I am gonna march over to the Sheriff’s office. I’m gonna take this here crowbar... Beau pulls a crowbar off one of Cooter’s shelves. BEAU (CONT’D) I’m gonna turn it sideways, and shove it up Sheriff Little’s Monkey A.. DAISY BEAU! BEAU Aw Shoot! He throws the crowbar down. It clatters to the ground. Cooter looks over the wreckage. COOTER Now Beau, I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost more than you can afford for me to put the General back the way he was. I could loan you a down payment on a new... Beau’s face is crestfallen. Luke rolls his eyes and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a an envelope and hands it to Cooter. LUKE Will this cover it? Cooter looks at Luke. He takes the envelope, tears it open. His eyes go wide. He whistles. COOTER That’s a pretty penny there, Lucas. You sure you wanna spend it on this? LUKE Well, that would make the General half mine, since I am paying to put him back together. Beau sits next to the chassis, hugging the fender. BEAU The General’s mine I tell you! He's MINE! LUKE And now it will be half mine. Look Beau, I need you to stop obsessing... BEAU It’s not an obsession, it’s love. I love my car. COOTER You seriously need the love of a good woman. Daisy looks at Cooter, shocked. Cooter looks back at Daisy. DAISY COOTER DAVENPORT! COOTER What? You know it's true.
-
For ALL DUKES FANS who own a PC, Xbox 360, or a PC...
Yeee-haaaa! Using the Calvary Bootlegger to run races, make Super Jumps, and just survive Paradise City is totally awesome... Of course the only major difference is the Mexican Flag on top with the words CALVARY BOOTLEGGER written on either side instead of GENERAL LEE. The Color is Orange. The 01 is on the side. The car handles turns and drifting extremely well. I can't wait to get back into Paradise City. JDjr
-
For ALL DUKES FANS who own a PC, Xbox 360, or a PC...
BURNOUT PARADISE™ LEGENDARY CARS Four Legendary Cars hit Paradise City In 2008, we introduced some of the most incredible vehicles yet seen in a Burnout game. Our FREE Cagney pack brought you the crazy Steel Oval Racer and the Hippie Wagon, and the FREE Bikes Pack brought motorcycles to Paradise City for the first time ever. In 2009, we 're taking Burnout vehicles to the next level with some truly unbelievable new vehicles in the Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Pack. Click on the link for some awesome action, Burnout style... P.S. sorry about the title, it was supposed to read PC, XBox 360, and PS3....lol my bad.... http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/legendary_cars.php?car=Bootlegger Check out the other videos too. They are freakin' AWESOME!!!
-
Feedback for The Dukes: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title
Hope you all enjoy it. Thanks JDJr (Dan)
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
Cletus looks over at the Sheriff, who nods. Cletus takes the ring of keys and runs toward the cellblock. He returns a moment later, with Beau and Luke. DAISY Beau! Luke! Are you alright? Beau, have you been crying? Beau wipes his face with his shirt and smirks. BEAU Me? Cry? Nahh! LUKE Uncle Jesse, where’d you get the money? UNCLE JESSE Not now, we need to go see Cooter. Beau looks at Luke and shrugs. Daisy and Uncle Jesse leave, with the boys in tow. EXT. COOTER’S REBEL REPAIR - DAY Dixie drives up and Daisy parks her in front of Cooter’s Garage. Beau and Luke hop out from the back. Uncle Jesse and Daisy get out of the front. Uncle Jesse stops Beau. UNCLE JESSE Now, Beau. I want you to listen real closely to what I am about to say. Beau nods. Uncle Jesse looks at Daisy and Luke. They both nod. Daisy hands a package to Luke. UNCLE JESSE (CONT’D) The General, well he's not in the best shape right now, and I don’t know if he’ll ever be. But you have to be strong, you understand me? Beau nods again, not really looking at Uncle Jesse. Uncle Jesse grabs his chin and forces him to look at the older man. UNCLE JESSE (CONT’D) Say yes, Uncle Jesse. I understand! BEAU (mumbling through the old man’s grip) Yesh Uncle Jesshe, I undershtand. UNCLE JESSE Good. Come on, then. Uncle Jesse releases Beau. Luke laughs. Uncle Jesse shoots Luke a look, and Luke pipes down. Daisy opens the gate and they enter Cooter’s Garage. INT. COOTER’S REBEL REPAIR - DAY Cooter is conversing on the phone as they walk in. He quickly hangs up when he sees Beau. There a large tarp draped over odd shapes on the garage floor. COOTER Did you warn him, Uncle Jesse? Uncle Jesse nods. Cooter pulls back the tarp. Beau’s eyes widen and water as he surveys what’s underneath. The General, totally stripped and dismembered in various pieces, lie on the garage floor. The upholstery is torn and stuffing is sticking out. BEAU Nooooooooo! Beau rushes over to the chassis. He grabs it. BEAU (CONT’D) General? Can you hear me? THE BALLADEER (V.O) It looks like the General has seen better days. Somehow I don’t blame Beau. UNCLE JESSE Dad Burn it all! Luke, Cooter, grab him! Cooter and Luke drag Beau off the chassis. Beau calms down a bit. He straightens up and tugs on his shirt. He holds his hands up. BEAU It’s okay. I’m okay. It’s fine. As soon as Cooter and Luke let go and Beau immediately grabs for the chassis again. Cooter and Luke grab him again.
-
I am so depressed!!!
I am sorry you feel depressed. I am not sure of your circumstances but, it is nice to dream. I never thought I would ever meet a cast member either, but fate intervened one day in Florida. I got to meet Mr. Best. It was the greatest day in my life. I was in Florida for 3 years. I have since returned to Hawaii. I am in between jobs and have moved 3 times in 8 months. I have twice come within days of being homeless. I will look around in Hawaii and if I find a model, I will let you know. Ok? Hang in there, JD Jr
- Words of encouragement for Harry
-
Season 7 - Very fake scenes
I have to agree with y'all. They were a family through and through. That is why the show enjoyed as much success as it did and why the 2005 movie fell by the wayside. The movie was all about the stunts, and not enough about family. But that is just MHO.... Later all... jd
-
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title)
SHERIFF LITTLE This. He yanks the ripcord and starts up the Chainsaw. He lowers it toward the doors of the General Lee slowly, watching Beau’s “Oh you son of a *****†reaction. The spinning blade starts to grind against the metal door. BEAU No! Leave him alone! Beau tries to get up, but the deputy shoves him back down and uses a nightstick to keep him there. Sheriff Little deliberately takes him time while sawing through the door. It falls off with a clunk. SHERIFF LITTLE Now let’s see what we have here. He reaches under the seat and pulls out a medium jug filled with clear liquid. It twists off the cap, curls his pinky into the handle and takes a long swig. He replaces the cap and hands the jug to the deputy. LUKE You planted that! SHERIFF LITTLE Prove it! Take ‘em downtown and book `em. I’ll finish inspecting the vehicle and call the junk yard to come get what’s left. The deputy loads Luke into the backseat of the patrol car. Sheriff Little picks up the chain saw and begins tearing through roof of The General. Beau is almost hysterical. BEAU Why don’t you chop me up as well? What are you doing that for, he hasn’t done anything to you? Beau struggles with the deputy, trying to kick at Sheriff Little who begins working on the fenders of the General with sadistic glee. The Deputy drags Beau and holds his head down on the back windshield, making him watch in horror as Sheriff Little dismembers the General. INT. SHERIFF’S OFFICE - DAY Uncle Jesse and Daisy walk into the office. Cletus stands to great them. CLETUS Hiya Daisy. Hiya Uncle Jesse. Jesse looks at him and snaps back. UNCLE JESSE I ain’t yer Uncle Jesse. Dangnabbit, where are my boys? Cletus frowns and turns away shrugging. The door to the Sheriff’s office opens and Sheriff Little steps out. SHERIFF LITTLE Your ‘boys’ are being held on the suspicion of transportation of illegal alcohol. Bail is being set at $3500. CLETUS That’s $1250 a piece and a $1000 hauling fee from the junk yard. UNCLE JESSE You had my boys car towed to the junkyard? SHERIFF LITTLE Nope, I had the pieces hauled to the junkyard. Uncle Jesse moves toward Little, face blank. Daisy tries to hold him back, but he pulls free, walks over and stands toe to toe with the Sheriff. UNCLE JESSE Your father was one o’ my best friends. He was so much fun, I wonder how the heck did you ever turn out to be such a stick in the mud? Uncle Jesse reaches into his coveralls and pulls out a wad of cash, counts out and tosses the counted part of it at Sheriff Little. UNCLE JESSE (CONT’D) Here’s yer money. He turns to Cletus, as Sheriff Little counts it out. UNCLE JESSE (CONT’D) Go on, get my boys.
-
Sequel Ideas for a Third Dukes of Hazzard Movie
Hi All, Don't know if you remember a while back I had posted that I was trying to work on a sequel series for the Dukes...Well a certain posting has got the creative juices flowing again. So I thought I would post my "Teaser" Commercial idea for the new series.... ENJOY!!! V/O Black Screen Balladeer Do you remember Friday nights? EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY - DAY The GENERAL LEE jumps a dry creek bed. BEAU DUKE (V.O) YEEEEE-HAAAAA! The HAZZARD COUNTY SHERIFF CAR tries to jump and smashes into the opposing bank. FADE OUT V/O BLACK SCREEN BALLADEER Welcome back to Hazzard County. EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY SQUARE - DAY LOW SWEEP All is peaceful and quiet. The blast of the Dixie Horn fills the air. The GENERAL LEE 02 drifts around the corner being chased by a Hazzard County Sheriff's car. The General Lee 02 speeds out of the town square still being chased. BALLADEER (Chuckles) Y'all buckle up and hang on now, hear? The way I see it, the more things change, the more they stay the same...only in Hazzard County. ANNOUNCER: The Dukes return Friday night at 8pm EST.
-
Feedback for The Dukes: The Hogg Strikes Back (Working Title
Hey All, I appreciate all those kind comments from a while back and I would like to apologize to those who wanted to read more. I lost my job a while back, bout 8 months ago and was in a bad place for a long time. I am now starting to get back on my feet. I am gonna start posting parts of the script again, if'n y'all are still interested. Once again, Sorry for not logging in and posting more. Thanks. Dan