Everything posted by General Grant
-
Let it Snow...
No problem, Garrett! I tell you one thing, though... It is getting real hard to go out twice a day and do the chores. I don't know if it is just the cold, or the attitude I get from the animals, or maybe a combonation of both. Yuck! That weather sounds awful!! I hope it clears up soon! Well, your feeling bad about being 12 minutes late is a good thing. That shows you have a great sense of responsibility and wonderful work ethnic. Keep that up, it is real hard to find now a days! I know what you mean, the cold is bad enough, but when you factor wind in on top of that, it almost feels razor sharp,and hurts your face if you are walking into the wind. Brrrrr.... sums it up best! It is so bad, I have to have a blanket when I am typing on the computer! We live in an ol' farm house. I love it, but it isn't without its drafty floor... Price you have to pay for living out in the country, I guess. Oh well, I love the place! Hey, on the news I heard that people in the cold places tend to be happier than people who live in warm places. Do you think that is true? I am not sure because I don't know anyone who lives in warmer weather. I just thought maybe y'all would know if it was true or not. I guess it makes sense... when it is so cold you stay indoors more and you are around people (and your family) a lot more. Plus, everyone laughs at everyone else because of the way they handle the cold! Anyway, keep warm, y'all and bundle up, it is cold out... General Grant
-
The Hive
Sounds gruesome... anyone know the rating on this? I have never heard of the film, let alone watch it. It almost sounds disturbing... even if Tom is in it. Does he really play a psychotic person that well? Does he do it as well as he could play a mad scientist, or something like that? Anyway... would someone be so kind as to give me a brief overview of what it is about? All I picked up on was that it had ants and Tom is a psycho... General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Hey Y'all! First off, thank you to TimDuke. I really do love the series, and KITT (to me, atleast) IS the series. KITT is an element that people simply should not try to change. I try not to come off as too upset about the whole new Knight Rider. I just can't help it, though! I agree, that (inferior) car didn't have much of a personality, but to me came off as a creep. Anyone else think that? It might just be me and my biased opinion... if it is, I am really sorry. I love the original KITT and his great personality and sometimes dry humor. KITT and Michael played off of each other really well, (like Bo and Luke do!) and the chemistry there was awesome. There was no chemistry on this show. The only thing that held it together was the veiwers wondering if the car could do anything but change colors. Like Lukas_KD said, what is up with the bullet proof shield "shutting down" if the computer was off? It was a horrible interpretation of KITT. I understand that this newer vehicle wasn't supposed to be the original KITT, but come on... when you name a vehicle KITT, let it talk and give it a laser (the one on the new kitt was awful!) people expect it to be even a quarter of what KITT was! I am not sure if whoever produced this was maybe sippin' on some of Jesse's finest, or what?! (No offense to anyone with that last comment. Just a fan of KITT blowin' off some steam, I guess!) Sorry JESSI DUKE, but I disagree about making a mountain out of a mole hill. I do understand what you are sayin' about it is supposed to be different. But, I just think that Hollywood should never have thought about making the show. It was awful, and I thought it Disgraced the entire Knight Rider name, and gave the fans (such as myself) a pretty hard slap in the face. KITT is a hero and deserves better than to be tossed out for scrap metal. Thank you Brian for posting KITT's pictrue. I just love it! I am getting so sick of the horrible look of the new kitt and the original is a great site! It is like seein' an old friend that you thought someone killed. And you find out he lives on! It is great! Right on Lukas_KD... it is murder to destroy KITT! How could they?! I saw that and I wasn't sure if they were suggesting that or not. I thought maybe it was just me, and my family really got a kick out of the scene because they could tell (actually throughout the entire show) that my blood pressure was rising. I almost did need that emergency box of KLEENEX, and I may still need it just thinking about that horrible little show! YUCK! I don't think that KITT could ever be outdated! In my opinion KITT is a lot more "updated" than the new kitt. But, you have to be careful there, there is a fine line between believable and totally ridiculous. So, at least technology wise they didn't cross that... the original was not only sharp looking and had a great personality, technology wise it played "believable" out to the fullest capacity, while never crossing that "totally ridiculous" line. Y'all get what I'm sayin' here? Anyway, thank you everyone for all of your comments. Hopefully this turns into something that everyone (or at least some of you) can enjoy. Although(I know this sounds cruel) I hope that it doesn't go as far as an entire series. Keep the thoughts coming!! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Dang right your brother wouldn't believe it... I wouldn't believe it and I am here!! Oh, real smart, Lori... (uncinches saddle, and gives the saddle a gentle push) What you gonna do now?? You keep it up, and I'll push this saddle all the way to the ground! So, don't tempt me...
-
Let it Snow...
I hear ya Lukas_KD!! I am sure that by now Garrett is doing so, too! Poor Garrett is so sick of the snow, I hope that it melts soon so y'all can see that spring is coming... I hope! Keep warm, y'all! Don't worry, that snow will melt soon. One day you'll wake up and it will all be gone. That is usually how it works here. One day there won't be any snow on the ground, and the next morning you'll have over a foot. But when it melts, it goes in a day! You can wake up with two feet of snow on the ground, and when that snow decides to leave, by supper time, you are down to the grass with a huge yard full of mud. Don't worry, I am sure you'll experience that real soon. Oh, the joys of spring!! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
OUCH!! Lori, don't you hit me! Oh My! I was unaware that you were capable of such violence! Fine, I can do quite well for myself, I will just have to get myself out of here now... Sharp objects... you call that blunt, smooth-surfaced pebble a sharp object??!! Gosh, is your perception of sharp off! (while throwing little insults Lori's way, carefully picks up a sturdy stick and puts it between her hands, and starts twisting the stick, thus strectching the rope out slightly) (all the while keeping Lori's attention elsewhere) So, you think you're so tough, do you? I bet you couldn't even run over to that tree and climb up it 8 feet in the air...
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Well written, lost_sheep3 For me, the show is about KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand!) and I thought that was a horrible representation of him. I know that it is supposed to be a continuation, but it was still bad... But, I do respect all of the opinions of everyone, even if I do tend to have a different opinion sometimes. I do appreciate them! Keep the thought comin' y'all! I didn't care much for the color changes. I thought it just looked pathetic. But, I understand that some people liked that, and I hope that my disagreement does not upset you in anyway. If it does, I sincerely apologize. I'll agree with you on that point, lost_sheep3, that scene between Michael and mike was a nice scene. Although I don't like the show, that was probably the highlight of the entire two hour run, excluding the commercial breaks, of course! Anyway, in my world there are only two KITTs. The Knight Industries Two Thousand, and my cat, KITT! That is it, there isn't room for a third, esspecially one so... (I don't know the right word to use, so for lack of a better one) Fake! Okay, sorry for rambling and getting all worked up. Thank you EVERYONE for your input. General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Ooooo! Is there somethin' you ought to be tellin' me, Lori?! As fer gettin' out of this, over the years I've had practice! So, y'all just sit back and watch! Better get out of here before Julie and her camera come back! Don't y'all worry none, I'll be out of here in the blink of an eye! Oh, Lori, you call this tight, do you?! (takes off one shoe and with foot picks up a small, jagged stone, begins rubbing the rope with it) (smirks at Lori) I'll be over there real soon to get you, then you'll be sorry!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
There an echo in here?! You heard me, I said can't back up! Push! Push! Push! We shall see, Lori... We shall see! Which I don't think will be much, seein' as how your bark is worse than yer bite, as they say! Khee!
-
Let it Snow...
Hey Garrett, that isn't complaining, and it is certainly not a bother! Well, here I go now... yesterday we had rain, and then it froze, and now MORE SNOW!!! I guess we can go sledding for quite awhile with all the snow we have! I am sure that any day now, we will have Spring like weather. Sooner or later spring has to come... Anyway, until then, keep warm, y'all! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
(raises eyebrow to Lori) Oh, you would, would you?! I hope you ain't throwin' out threats you can't back up... And Julie... I ain't done nothing. You are the trouble maker! Keep it up and I'll go get Sheriff Little to cuff you and stuff you! Khee! Khee!
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Okay, y'all... I may be a little biased here, but I'll try not to be. Here goes. I think there is only one word I know of to adequately describe the Knight Rider show, and that is this: YUCK!!! I didn't like it, I thought it was horrible. And Brian is right, the commercials were more interesting than the actual storyline. It seems to me that even at the half way point, there wasn't much action. I was still waiting to get to the highpoint of the show and then the end credits were rolling. Plus, in my opinion, they totally killed the theme song! I was almost forced to break out the emergency box of kleenex! I thought that a couple of the scenes were questionable and was wondering why they were put into the show. As was mentioned earlier, there were a couple "sick" jokes/scenes that had absolutely nothing to do with the plot, which there wasn't much of a plot... I was a little upset because the original Michael was in the show for maybe thirty seconds, and that was it... But, I don't think him having a longer appearance would have helped the show at all. Not only did they deface KITT, they turned him into a self-righteous sissy, with a very strange (if any) personality and a creepy voice. I apologize if I offend anyone by saying any of this, but I thought that the voice alone was just awful. It was almost creepy. I didn't like some of the graphics, like the bullets bouncing off of the car, and it's changing colors. Everyone who knows Knight Rider gets the basic idea that the car is bullet proof. They really didn't need to waste their time (or money) to show us throughout the show. After that, I will never look at a mustang the same way... I was ready to take the baseball bat to the TV!! At least the rest of the family had fun watching me watch the show! Anyway, I agree with dukefan and Brian Coltrane, it was horrible. To me, the announcer for Knight Rider should not have sounded so proud of the show. Anyway, I apologize for going on. I really do appreciate everyone's opinions, and I find it great that some of you enjoyed it. That is great that you had a nice time watching it! Hope to hear more discussion on the subject, you all have such great input! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
That is it, Julie!!! I have had enough of all the foolishenss and enough of all the games... This time I mean it!! (for all you who don't know... I am just joking!!) You hand over that picture... OR ELSE!! And don't y'all go answerin' that question about where you want the picture. That means YOU, Lori!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
OUTSIDE THE COURTHOUSE!!! Are you kiddin' me?! I guess that I'll just have to take that picture away from you, then! (starts running toward Julie and tries to snatch the picture out of her hand) Oh, and Lori, here I was thinking that you were givin' me as much as you had in you! Really, I'd know if you was tryin' huh?! I don't think I would.
-
Let it Snow...
Don't Worry Garrett Duke and Lori! Spring will be here before we know it! yesterday morning the birds were chirping and singing quite nicely... that always makes me think of Spring. But, then today we got a big snow/ice storm. (Okay, maybe that was the wrong time to say about the snow/ice storm... sorry) Spring will come, you can count on that, just as sure as Boss Hogg is going to try an' swindle the Dukes out of their farm, and Rosco is going to try and frame them for somethin' they didn't do! Just think WARM! General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Okay, Okay, I said I wouldn't say anything until after Knight Rider premiered, but I have to, seein' as how we kind of switched gears! I tend to agree with TimDuke, I don't think that Knight Rider will catch with hardcore fans of the original series, like myself. Which I am sure that with all of the ranting and raving I did in previous posts (which I apologize if I got upset) you all figured I was a fan of the original series. Anyways, enough about poor KITT (although the newer version should be kitt! ) until after I see it tonight. On to the Dukes... No offense Brian, but if that is supposed to be the General Lee, he looks awful! I totally agree, Roger. I would maybe watch a new show of the Dukes, just to see if it was any good. I did so with the movie starring Jessica Simpson and Willie Nelson (and the rest that I am not sure who they are, sorry!) I thought it was a horrible representation of what the Dukes are all about. Although, I can understand if they got that idea if they watched only the first episode. But even "One Armed Bandits" wasn't that bad! Give me them ol' family morals and values that were in the original and I'd be quite happy! Although I think I have to disagree about the original actors. No offense meant here... I love the Dukes of Hazzard, and the original actors. But, I think that they should have left well enough alone after the series (and maybe the reunion movies) After all Uncle Jesse and Boss Hogg aren't ever going to be in the shows anymore if they ever do another reunion. For me that takes out half the fun already. No one can ever come close to Boss' 50% of 50% of 50% saying! And there isn't an actor I know of today that can be as spunky and loving all at the same time and seem so real as Denver! Okay y'all. That is my thought on the subject. Hopefully I didn't jump to any conclusions, or come back later and reread everything only to realize that I should have thought this over more carefully. I know I have said this before, but I really do appreciate everyone's opinions and just the whole way you present them. You don't cut others down, but you make your opinions known. It is great how y'all can do that! General Grant Oh, TimDuke... in that last post you wrote when you said: "You can see how upset some are getting about this new KITT." were you referring to me?!? Sorry if it is that obvious that I am upset about that... I am really trying to remain calm.
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Don't go gettin' too confident in yerslef, Lori, you ain't seen nothin' yet! I am back from where I was headed off to, so you don't have to worry none! Oh, and Laura... I do not need to stay here at the side of the road holding the danged picture that Julie was supposed to give me... which I never got! Oh, are you giving me all you got Lori, I didn't notice...
-
Waylon Tribute
Oh, that is okay, Lori. I get teased, too, because I like Glen Campbell and older TV shows, but in my opinion, they are a heck of a lot better than most of the stuff they put on TV... Well, I am going to have to admit that until I saw the Dukes of Hazzard, I never even heard of Waylon, and I don't listen to his music too much. But if I do hear some, I appreciate it more simply becuase I think of him saying "Welcome... to Hazzard County" One of my All time Favorite Lines!! I agree about the "new" country music. It just isn't the same. I never realized that either until I saw the Dukes and started looking into music from Waylon, and other artists around that time. I really enjoy the older stuff and sometimes wonder how people like the new music. Most of it you can't understand what they are saying, and some of it I am surprised that it can get on the radio with the message it is sending. Okay, I'll stop babbling now. I would like to thank y'all for starting this thread and keeping it going. Great Idea! Poor ol' Waylon seems to get neglected sometimes... We always think of the main characters and the General Lee... Poor ol' Waylon!! I'll catch y'all around Hazzard General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
I'll take that as a compliment! Thank you!!
-
Let it Snow...
Oh, yes, snow days.... Those are always fun. You know, I don't think I ever had to make up for a snow day! Them seeds that came through the mail just HAVE to be a signal of spring. Afterall, you can't plant in the middle of winter! Spring is coming! Besides that, my stack of hay is runnin' out! So, when that pile reaches the half way mark... Spring is sure to follow... It just has to be! Come on Hayin' season! Don't worry, Garrett, one of these times, it will be the last storm of the Season! I know that at first the snow is really pretty, and the cold isn't too bad. But after seeing it non stop for a while, that is enough. Then it needs to stop. I guess we are just having an "Old Fashioned Winter" as everyone around here keep saying! I am convinced that the weather goes in cycles! First we have a couple years of dry, pretty warm winters (like 10 degrees!) and then BANG we get get ____ feet of snow, and -30! You summed it up, Garrett, Brrrr! Well, Spring is coming! Keep thinking that, but until then bundle up when you go outside! General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Oh, I saw the previews, I think that i am in for a LONG ride with this one. I think it will be so horrible that I might be forced to break out the Emergency box of Kleenex! KITT should not be the Knight Industries Three Thousand, and Should not be a mustang. KITT is The Knight Industires Two Thousand, a Trans Am, and that is that! Even the new laser looks horrible! They Defaced KITT! I know, I know, I said I was calming down, but I saw the car on the Today Show and my blood pressure sky rocketed!!! Anyway, I will watch it Sunday night,(oh, no, I don't know if I'll make the chat then ) But I don't think I am going to take to this now "Knight Rider" thing. I say just leave the series alone and let me have my happy memories! Well, I respect everyone elses' opinions. I'll try to stop sounding like a fanatic, and won't say a word until Moday, after I see the show...
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
You can take that however your little ol' heart desires, Lori! Khee! Khee! I believe I'll hit the road and go, that way I can be back here before anyone misses me! Although I am not sure if I could go without bein' noticed!
-
Fels like the site died
Oh, thanks y'all! But, I think that what I was sayin' is what most of the citizens were thinking. So, thanks, but don't thank me, I meant what I said. (referring to my last post) And, since so much has happened in a couple of days, I am going to cram everything into one post, so y'all hang on... Brian, I do agree that this site wouldn't be what it is without the whole community, but, I think that you three are brilliant for having thought this up. Meadowmufn, I apologize for my last comment, I think that I may have just made your life miserable by complimenting Brian, I'll try not to let that happen again! MaryAnne, Like I said above, I meant every word of what I said. I don't know how y'all thought of creating this site, but you did a marvelous job. I wish I'd have a bright idea like that every now and then! Lori, we all know that you aren't a bad kid (else you wouldn't be here, right!!) now you'd better not be gettin' in no trouble at school, ya hear?! But, I agree that the moderators can be quite funny at times. Cowboy, I agree (again... I need to find a different word for agree!) that there are always new people to meet. That is the great thing about this site is that people come by the dozen to greet a new person. I remember when I signed up, I got a welcome that I was surprised at, because everyone was just so friendly! B.L. Davenport, you are right, there is a lot of information on here. There are so many different people with so many different backgrounds, that it just makes this site so much better because there are so many different ideas and opinions. And there is a lot of information you can carry with you in everyday life, but that isn't to say the Dukes aren't every day life! Daney, I,too enjoy watching the community grow. I've only been here since October(I think) but it seems like a I've known this site for a lifetime, and a lot of these people treat you like they've known you all their life. They treat you like a friend they never met! AlexJackson, You really shouldn't call poor Brian insane! Afterall, he is the moderator! Khee! I'm just joking, I guess our appearing insane from time to time isn't so bad. It gives the site character! Oh, and I like your avator! You a MacGyver fan, too?! I think that covers it. I'll catch y'all later, and I really enjoy reading all of your posts, everyone, so keep up the good work. General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Here ya are, Julie (tosses the keys to her) Now, I got me somewhere's to go... but don't you worry none, I'll be back!
-
Weekly Communtiy Chat
Hey Y'all! I hope that you can make it Lori. Oh, Emy-Rae, I have done that a couple of times. Usually people will come, but sometimes they won't. Go ahead and give it a try!! Maybe I'll be in sometime when you do that! General Grant