Everything posted by DaisyMaeDuke
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke nodded. "I know...you're right...I just..." He was excited...excited for the first time in a very long time. But he knew what Jesse said was right too. They could refuse him for any number of reasons. He merely nodded though, preferring instead to think about Zack and what could still be. "I just want it so much," his voice wavered a littlem as he stood there, glancing between his cousin and his uncle.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke swallowed the breath he didn't know he had been holding. "Thank you sir. I know...I know he's another mouth to feed and all...but I can work more odd jobs around Hazzard...I can...and...we have those ten acres we always talk about clearing...I could do that...we could raise some more crops..." He wasn't sure who he was trying to convince when Jesse had already given his blessing. He supposed it came from having to work for everything he had ever gotten. Some people, like Hughie Hogg, were born with a silver spoon in their mouth...others were used to making things happen on their own, not depending on anyone or anything. Luke was of the latter sort.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke flushed redder than Jesse's favorite cap hanging on it's nail near the door. "Yes sir, I did." He had to admit, he was a little embarrassed about that. Bo had always been the more shoot-first-ask-questions-later of the two cousins. Luke was more careful, almost to a fault. He was the one who liked having a plan for everything... and if there wasn't one, Luke was the one the family turned to to develop one. It was a strength, for sure, but also a weakness. It made him hesitate to take chances... like with Candy. When they were dating, things were fine, but when Luke realized that he loved her, really truly loved her and wanted to marry her, he just couldn't do it...not without a plan...without being able to see what the future had in store...and he hadn't known...allhe knew was that he was about to go to Nam. He didn't know when or if he would come back. It was this uncertainty that had forced the tearful parting, Candy waving out the windo as the bus drove her away. Today, Luke had felt the familiar sting of pain as he watched Zack head off to bed. "I'm sorry Uncle Jesse, Bo..." he said softly. He opened his mouth to explain, but only managed to say, "I...I just...was so happy."
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
"And George aint nothin' but a li'l old stuffed monkey," continued Luke. He rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit he had. "I guess...what I'm tryin' t' say...he needs a family...I...I wanna be his family," he faltered looking at his uncle with sincerity in his keen blue eyes.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
"We spent the whole day together...an'...it killed me t' take him back t' that place...the lady...well she's kind enough I suppose...but how mch attention could a little guy like him get when he's competin' with all them other kids? Ain't like I was...I had you two and Daisy...Zack...he ain't got no one...well...'cept for George." It had been a long time since Luke had talked so much about any one subject...Luke was always so quiet, and lately so withdrawn. Now his face was animated, his words coming easier the more he thought about the youngster.
-
This Is How You Do It
Jesse bent down, holding his boys close and drawing Daisy into the family hug too, tears trickling down into his beard.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
"And no it ain't a girl..." he answered to Bo's amused look, adding before Bo could say something to that open door, "No it aint that neither...today at the orphanage...I met a little boy...Zack...he's the cutest little thing...and smart...he's so smart..."
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
"I ... I uh...I done somethin t'dy...an'...I don't know if it's gonna work out...an I know I shoulda asked ya first but..." he hesitated before continuing. "Well... I met someone..."he began, stuttering nervously.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Eventually Luke put his glass in the sink and came over to join him. "I got somethin real important to talk t you and Jesse about...real important..."
-
This Is How You Do It
Jesse had no sooner picked up a crying Bo in his arms and walked to the kitchen trying to hush him when he seen the Davenports pulling up through the kitchen window. "It seems the whole family's gonna be here after all. " He didn't really mind...in truth it helped take care of the horrible emptiness in his heart. Luke never was one to wait. Letting go of Mrs. Davenpor's hand he rushed in hugging his uncle tight, big tears rolling down hs face.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke smiled, a smile Bo hadn't seen in a while. "Hey yourself." Whistling he went to get himself a glass of water.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke soon pulled up, feeling more alone than he had the entire day, but his eyes twinkling with the thought that maybe, just maybe, he wouldnt be alone much longer. Quietly he slipped out of the General and opened the front door going inside.
-
This Is How You Do It
Jesse went to the door having been phoned by the Davenports to expect Bo. Opening it he said softly, "Bo...son what're you doing home?" Luke held onto Daisy's hand meanwhile, not sure if the Davenports would go ahead and take them home or not, but hoping so...he didn't want to be here any longer.
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
*shades his eyes a little, trying to see better, waving a way a fly that teasingly landed on his nose*
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
Somethin aint right *thinks to himself* It's too quiet...
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
*sees the movement of a shadow nearby dropping down*
- Word Association
- Word Association
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
*motions Bo to stay still and quiet like he was, carefully lurking a tad forward tying to see any slight movement or hear any noise- his years in the Marine had trained him well in that respect*
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
*bites his lip glancing behind him and forward again-he was getting a bad feeling about all this*
-
A Day in the Life of a Duke
*gulps as a shot rang out taking bark off of the tree he was hiding behind*
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
"He's an amazing boy," answered Luke with a smile. "I'll look forward to your call." With that he left, getting in the General and heading for home, not sure of what his family's reactions would be but feeling confident that there would be some reactions.
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke nodded glad that that, at least, was in his favor. He stood up and shook her hand. "Thank ya again."
-
When Lonely Hearts Meet...
Luke nodded. "Yes ma'am......zactly what kinds of checks on me will ya be doin'?" He had a feeling that criminal history, income and such would play a part and he was sure that the fact he had little money and was on probation would not help things much.