Jump to content

Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Johnny Paycheck fans


Recommended Posts

My favorites are.... Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Loretta Lynn, Waylon, Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton. As far as non-country I like Elvis and Sade. I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation....."Hello Dolly, well, hello Dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong..," Did that sound like him to you folks? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

My favorites are.... Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Loretta Lynn, Waylon, Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton. As far as non-country I like Elvis and Sade. I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation....."Hello Dolly, well, hello Dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong..," Did that sound like him to you folks? 

Pretty good! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation.

If you can do 'We Have All The Time In The World' I'll be impressed. I think that's my favorite song of his.

BTW. Since I read that you liked Sade (I think you've mentioned it before), I've had 'Smooth Operator' and 'Your Love is King' stuck in my head!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 5:43 PM, HossC said:

If you can do 'We Have All The Time In The World' I'll be impressed. I think that's my favorite song of his.

BTW. Since I read that you liked Sade (I think you've mentioned it before), I've had 'Smooth Operator' and 'Your Love is King' stuck in my head!

How appropriate since some of the lyrics from "Your love is King" are "Every day is Christmas and every night is New Year's Eve". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

How appropriate since some of the lyrics from "Your love is King" are "Every day is Christmas and every night is New Year's Eve". 

I didn't remember that line, so I googled it. It's actually from 'The Sweetest Taboo' - a song that I know less well, but still not a bad way to start Christmas morning given the quality of the music and the highly appropriate lyric. Looking at the release date, it came out the the same year as the final series of Dukes. Enjoy...
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.