Sign in to follow this  
MonacoMan

Reunion 1997

Recommended Posts

I wasn’t sure if this is the right place to bring up the first reunion TV movie, or not...but the other ‘movie’ thread looks to be mainly about the 2005 feature film, and not the “real” Dukes. :-P 

Anyway, just watched Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion (1997) last night. I remember watching both this & Hollywood when they first aired—probably still have the VHS recordings of them boxed up somewhere. Out of both reunion movies I like the Reunion one best as it still takes place in Hazzard & Uncle Jesse is still around. But, the only 2 issues I have are the General used & the end...where at the last second Daisy backs out of the wedding & dumps poor Enos—again! :o 

First, the General Lee used was for the most part awesome...but the rear end and/or taillights were different from the show. The series General had black around the taillights, while the reunion movie’s were orange around all of it. No biggie but I did notice it. ;)

As for Enos & Daisy—I’m like...really?? Maybe I’m in the minority here, but in my opinion Daisy & Enos should have finally gotten together, and after all this time you’d think they’d just get married and be done with it! :angry: 

P.S. Not sure why some of my above post is highlighted and bigger in font size?  Fixed it - Hoss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

First, the General Lee used was for the most part awesome...but the rear end and/or taillights were different from the show. The series General had black around the taillights, while the reunion movie’s were orange around all of it. No biggie but I did notice it. ;)

Here's a picture from the Bloopers thread:

ReunionLee1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated the reunion movies. There is no way all 3 younger Dukes would have left an old fragile Uncle Jesse alone like that. I watched them once and will never watch them again.  I should add though that I understand the appeal of them to other people and would never criticize other fans for liking them. They're just not for me. In my mind Hazzard County is no different than it was 40 years ago.....thank goodness my mind thinks those movies were never made. Aren't fantasy worlds great!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I hated the reunion movies. There is no way all 3 younger Dukes would have left an old fragile Uncle Jesse alone like that. I watched them once and will never watch them again.  I should add though that I understand the appeal of them to other people and would never criticize other fans for liking them. They're just not for me. In my mind Hazzard County is no different than it was 40 years ago.....thank goodness my mind thinks those movies were never made. Aren't fantasy worlds great!?

I don’t like them as much as I do the original series, but they’re okay. I especially like the first one. Uncle Jesse wasn’t that fragile or decrepit yet (although Denver Pyle was ill with lung cancer by this time). He was still strong and able! ;) 

By 1997 the boy’s probation would have been years over and they & Daisy would have eventually moved on in their lives. I’m sure they visited and kept in touch regularly...plus, Uncle Jesse chose to originally keep the law suit & problems with Mama Max a secret—none of the family or Cooter knew until they arrived back home to help with the Hazzard festival. If Jesse had let the family know I’m sure they’d of come home earlier. 

I thought it was pretty good for a reunion movie, and all the characters were there except for Boss. I forgot that Emily Procter from CSI: Miami was in it, lol! :lol:  As for the Hollywood one, I didn’t care for that one as much. Most of it took place outside Hazzard, in Hollywood, and some of the plot was a little too silly—even for DOH. :p But, they had an “accurate” General Lee this time, and it was still the Dukes with Cooter, Rosco, Enos & Cletus. 

There’s nothing like the original series...and never will be again. That show was perfect for its time and is one-of-a-kind. But, the reunion movies did a good job of trying to recreate it as much as possible—especially the first one! :tup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when Boss Rosco did his tribute to Boss Hogg who had passed on. Meadowmufn just mentioned in another thread how everybody here is like family. That is true but the actors are also like family and when one of them passes on to Hazzard Heaven it hurts like it was a real family member. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when Boss Rosco did his tribute to Boss Hogg who had passed on. Meadowmufn just mentioned in another thread how everybody here is like family. That is true but the actors are also like family and when one of them passes on to Hazzard Heaven it hurts like it was a real family member. 

Rosco’s tribute to Boss was very touching...it was heart-felt & well done! They should have included Lulu too, though...as Peggy Rea was still alive & acting. But, I think she was on the sitcom Grace Under Fire at the time, and her schedule may not have allowed her to be in “Reunion”. 

Edited by MonacoMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, RogerDuke said:

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when Boss Rosco did his tribute to Boss Hogg who had passed on. Meadowmufn just mentioned in another thread how everybody here is like family. That is true but the actors are also like family and when one of them passes on to Hazzard Heaven it hurts like it was a real family member. 

+1...couldn't have said it better my self!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this