Hazzard County 2016

I never liked the reunion show because the three younger Dukes had abandoned a frail Uncle Jesse and moved away. They never would have done that, at least not all 3 of them.

Imagine what Hazzard would be like today. What is your version of it? I think Daisy would live in town married to Sheriff Enos. She would be a manager at a store in town and they'd have twin girls, both seniors in college at Atlanta. Bo never married and moved away and became an administrative executive for NASCAR. Luke still runs the farm with his wife, and youngest son. His other son and daughter have families of their own and live nearby and always bring the grandchildren out to learn farmwork even though they're not farmers themselves. The General Lee is owned by Luke but he never drives it. His youngest son runs all around in it. Jesse's old white Ford pick-up has been restored and sits in the barn, only driven on special occasions like Jesse's birthday to honor his memory. Cooter never married but got involved with the Big Brother program years ago and ended up adopting a boy who is now in his late 20s and is getting ready to take over the garage because Cooter wants to retire. His daughter Nancy moved back and will be co-owner. Cletus inherited the Boar's Nest and is still running it and hasn't changed a thing. Sadly though the cars and trucks running around are all modern. They just don't have the individuality and character of the cars from the 70s.....but at least the personalities of Hazzard's citizens haven't changed much.

Edited by RogerDuke

Roger that is amazing and fun!

I've giving a lot of thought to the same concept over the last couple years, but I've been thinking of it more along the lines of how a new series would be constructed.  A new series would have to be both a familiar formula and not a rehash at the same time.  

I like your character ideas- very similar to what I thought would be.  I considered the idea of Bo or Luke's kids being girls to add that modern day twist.  They could be the kind that drive the boys crazy, but never let them go 'too far' as it were. 

I liked the idea of certain landmarks being mostly the same as we saw them in the old show- specifically the Boar's Nest and Cooter's Garage.  And if you look at the Hazzard Square today (Warner studio backlot), very little has changed.  They would of course have to rebuild Cooter's Garage!

One idea that is dear to my heart is that Cooter should be the new 'Balladeer'.  He would be the perfect narrator, constantly telling stories about the good old days (the old series) and tying those stories to the new situation.  After all, he's "seen it all" in Hazzard!

And to answer pkoorse's question- I think Huey Hogg could be the new county commissioner!

I see where your coming from But I can't see Bo going away without Luke, I don't mean it as their both so close they can't leave eachother but I mean I probably see Luke managing Bo's professional racing career. Of course Bo would probably now have retired but I wouldn't be surprised to see them now working at the same team as driver coach. I think Bo is too much of a country boy to be working at NASCAR itself.