Dukes of Hazzard is back on CMT!

Meadowmufn

Also just my guess about the Double Sting scene, as I understand it, when making new HD prints you have to go back to the original film elements. In this case before the color grading was applied. Someone didn't know or forgot to properly grade that scene. This will come up again in other episodes.

That is exactly what I meant.

Is a cropped picture a deal breaker for you?

I won't be buying them if they're cropped. I already have all seven seasons on DVD, so the only reason I'd buy them again is for genuinely improved picture quality (and a few new extras wouldn't go amiss). There are a couple of TV shows where I've waited for uncut/complete DVDs to be released, and there are a couple of others that I refuse to buy until they are released uncut. Personally, I'd rather watch Dukes in a 4:3 picture ratio (as recorded) and have black bars at the side of the screen than have part of the picture missing. Just my 2¢ :).

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching "The Rustlers" on CMT last night and noticed something at the end when Luke rides the horse Manassas to try and make it to the race on time. The rider is clearly a stunt man. That's no surprise but what did surprise me is how much he looked like a stunt man and not Luke.

Then I realized that I have a big screen TV now and could just see him bigger and better which is why I'd never noticed it as much in the past.

I was watching "The Rustlers" on CMT last night and noticed something at the end when Luke rides the horse Manassas to try and make it to the race on time. The rider is clearly a stunt man. That's no surprise but what did surprise me is how much he looked like a stunt man and not Luke.

Then I realized that I have a big screen TV now and could just see him bigger and better which is why I'd never noticed it as much in the past.

That is not necessarily due to the HD or big screen. Buford has been watching the dvds on his computer lately and he's noticing these things too. I think he even made caps of them.

Anyway, as far as the lightening of the day for night, as far as I know, it could have happened a few ways. If they used a filter when shooting, there could have been a problem when upconverting to HD that lightened the footage (and whoever was doing it didn't notice), although I've heard of the opposite (darkening) actually happening too. If they darkened in post, then after they upconverted the original footage, they forgot to darken, as jeremy and Roth suggested. Either way, someone screwed up and I hope they correct it before they decide to press any blu-rays.

That is not necessarily due to the HD or big screen. Buford has been watching the dvds on his computer lately and he's noticing these things too. I think he even made caps of them.

I spotted quite a few of my contributions to the Mistakes (Bloopers)/Things I've Noticed About The Show thread while watching DVDs on my computer looking for unrelated screengrabs. I think it's partly down to having the screen closer, but (for me, at least) it's also due to watching small sections and skipping through episodes in a way that I don't when I use the TV. My familiarity with the storylines sometimes makes me pay less attention to the details when I'm watching whole episodes (although CMT viewers don't currently get the opportunity to watch whole episodes ;)).

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy as well. I watched CMT a few years ago when they used to show two DOH episodes a night. I eventually saw every episode twice. It's nice to be able to revisit Hazzard again. For some reason, I have no desire to own DVDs of shows I like. For me, there is something special about watching a show I like on broadcast TV. I've watched episodes online but somehow it just isn't the same. I don't even mind the commercials. It's a great time to get another beer or make a pit stop.

I have the DVDs but there is just something fun about watching on TV

)

I couldn't agree more. You're getting the best of both worlds.....the fun of watching the best show in TV history....and the feeling like you're really in Hazzard County. I think that's because you feel like you're a part of a community knowing you're watching it at the same time that everybody else is (that community being Hazzard County of course). I just wish all those dedicated fans across that big Atlantic Pond could join us.