One Word Song Titles

HossC

• 3 weeks later...

"1994" Jason Aldean

I think with each song Jason comes out with, the more I like him. Which is hard to do since I have liked him from his very first song. I admit he isn't very Country in the traditional way, but I love his music all the same. Love how he is singing about Joe Diffie...I use to love his music! Diffie's "John Deere Green" use to be one of my favorite songs...still love that song and Jason even mentions it in "1994".

Another GREAT song by JASON ALDEAN!

I first heard this track about ten years ago when it was used in

. Not long after, I bought a compilation CD (the one pictured in the video below) because it had some other tracks I liked (at the time I didn't know what this track was). It seems to pop up on TV from time to time.

Discogs.com catagorizes them as "Acid Jazz, Breakbeat, Downtempo". The nearest I have in my collection are the first two Lemon Jelly albums, although this has more sitar :).

• 2 months later...

I heard this on the radio a couple of weeks ago for the first time in ages. I'm suprised it hasn't made it to this thread before:

Jackson - Johnny Cash & June Carter

One of the listeners suggested that Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood's version is better. I actually like both of them - see what y'all think:

• 2 weeks later...

A radio show I regularly listen to featured Steve Winwood in its weekly "four songs from one artist" section earlier today. This track didn't come up, but I dug it up for a listen anyway. It's the third post in this thread with the same title, but they're all different songs. I spotted the name Jennings in the writing credits, but it turned out to be Will Jennings, not Waylon.

Valerie - Steve Winwood

A few years ago Eric Prydz released a dance track called Call On Me which featured a sample from the chorus of 'Valerie' (for those of you who know the track, I picked a video with a still image rather than the aerobics one ;)).

While we're on Steve Winwood I thought I'd include another track from when he was in a group called Traffic. I picked it because just this morning I was reading about a man called Charles Hatfield. Nearly 100 years ago he was offered $10,000 by the San Diego city council to use his secret mixture of 23 chemicals to make it rain and fill the Moreno Dam reservoir. It subsequently rained for most of January 1916, the resulting floods caused $3.5 million worth of damage, and the council refused to pay up. In 1956 his story was told in the Burt Lancaster movie 'The Rainmaker'. I don't think there's any connection between Charles Hatfield and this song, other than the title, but I couldn't resist the coincidence.

Rainmaker - Traffic (Live in Santa Monica 1972)

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't 'Jealous (Blue)' two words? I suppose we've still got 'Crash' to look forward to!

This group called their best-of album 'Supergrass is 10' because it was a retrospective of their first 10 years. It makes far more sense than calling your album '10' because when it's your 6th studio album :).

Alright - Supergrass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUE4oDunYkc

Isn't 'Jealous (Blue)' two words? I suppose we've still got 'Crash' to look forward to!

This group called their best-of album 'Supergrass is 10' because it was a retrospective of their first 10 years. It makes far more sense than calling your album '10' because when it's your 6th studio album :).

Alright - Supergrass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUE4oDunYkc

Fine...I apologize for using two words for my last song. I just couldn't help but to use that one. But it sounds like you know the New Kids pretty well. You even know the songs on their new album...you must have the album at home. :D

And just so I won't disappoint you...here is my other favorite song on "10"

And just so I won't disappoint you...here is my other favorite song on "10"

All five members of NKOTB on an elevated platform in a video titled 'Crash' ... and then it turns out to be a song - of course I'm disappointed ;).

Lullaby - The Cure

I've just posted a one-hit-wonder in Musical Chairs, so here's another. This song brings back memories of summer in the '80s - I just didn't realize it was as old as 1983!

Tantalise - Jimmy the Hoover

Despite the caption in the video spelling it "Tantalize", they were a British group, so it's "Tantalise" :).