I am so depressed!!!

dukefan

It's bad enough that I will never enjoy being at a duke fest, because canada lacks duke fans, and I will never get to meet any of the cast, especially 2 that are gone already, like Denver Pile and Sorell Booke(boss hog).

Just once I would love to meet any of them, just one, be it Bo, luke, Daisy, Enos or rosco, and of course Cooter.......

Sure is nice to dream, but I can't even get the plastic model (1:16 plastic General lee). only something I have been looking for years for, but seems like this duke fan will never ever have any of his dreams fullfilled???

I am, so tired you know, i try and I try, and right now I need someone to help me, I am depressed for many reason, but all I need , if not to meet any of the cast, is to at least of all above anything else, is to have a plastic 1:16 scale of the general lee.

I know, I sound petty, but I have been wanting this model like forever now, and there is no way I will ever meet any of the original Dukes, not in Canada, and certainly not in New Brunswick.

All I want is a piece of Hazzard, to be build my own General lee in a 1:16 plastic model scale, a piece of heaven if you will....

Anyways, thanks to those who took the time to read this.....feeling down at this point and time....

I am sorry you feel depressed.

I am not sure of your circumstances but, it is nice to dream. I never thought I would ever meet a cast member either, but fate intervened one day in Florida. I got to meet Mr. Best. It was the greatest day in my life. I was in Florida for 3 years. I have since returned to Hawaii. I am in between jobs and have moved 3 times in 8 months. I have twice come within days of being homeless. I will look around in Hawaii and if I find a model, I will let you know. Ok?

Hang in there,

JD Jr

Hey,

Look on ebay!! John has his own webstore with lots of die cast models of the GL. Also never say never bout meeting the cast, I live in England so its even rarer that they make appearences over here but luck would have it that a tv show had john tom and cathy on it so I went to be in the audience and got a handshake from all three, even a hug from John! Then last year I managed to make it to Dukesfest in Atlanta, Georgia because my dad paid for a flight ticket out there and I stayed with a friend - DaisyMaeDuke - whilst out there. We went to Dukesfest together as VIP's for diff reasons and got to not only meet but hang out a little bit with all the cast. It was such a dream come true, but you cant just expect these things to fall in your lap. You have to work for them, be prepaired to travel to meet them. They cant go to everyone in every corner of the world, go to www.johnschneideronline.com for info on his upcoming projects and appearences. He filmed Smallville in Vancouver in Canada so he may very well go back there. I think has before.

Keep your chin up, good things do happen and dreams can come true - especially Dukes dreams!!

Dukefan- I am sorry that you are so down right now and that things are not going your way. I know how you are feeling and I feel for you. But as I believe has been said before in this thread, please don't give up hope. (The Dukes never gave up hope. If they did, the boys would be forever in jail and Jesse would be out of a farm by Hogg's attempt to gain their land...)

I hope that you will find your model of the General Lee and that one day the remaining cast will be close enough for you to travel to go see. Most of all, I hope that you will start feeling better and that things will start to get better for you.

I am sorry you feel depressed.

I am not sure of your circumstances but, it is nice to dream. I never thought I would ever meet a cast member either, but fate intervened one day in Florida. I got to meet Mr. Best. It was the greatest day in my life. I was in Florida for 3 years. I have since returned to Hawaii. I am in between jobs and have moved 3 times in 8 months. I have twice come within days of being homeless. I will look around in Hawaii and if I find a model, I will let you know. Ok?

Hang in there,

JD Jr

Ty for your words of encouragment JD, and that would be great if you ever find that 1:16 plastic model of the General Lee.:)

Dukefan- I am sorry that you are so down right now and that things are not going your way. I know how you are feeling and I feel for you. But as I believe has been said before in this thread, please don't give up hope. (The Dukes never gave up hope. If they did, the boys would be forever in jail and Jesse would be out of a farm by Hogg's attempt to gain their land...)

I hope that you will find your model of the General Lee and that one day the remaining cast will be close enough for you to travel to go see. Most of all, I hope that you will start feeling better and that things will start to get better for you.

Appreciate that Garrett, and you're right, Dukes never give up,.:)

dukefan there is one on ebay right now i just typed in 1:16 general lee on ebay and it popped up hopefully this helps. Dont get discouraged dukefan hang in there

I will check it out DF1, but it is a plastic Model of 1:16 scale I want, the one on e-bay is probably the metal one, but I will take a look.:)

It's bad enough that I will never enjoy being at a duke fest, because canada lacks duke fans, and I will never get to meet any of the cast, especially 2 that are gone already, like Denver Pile and Sorell Booke(boss hog).

Just once I would love to meet any of them, just one, be it Bo, luke, Daisy, Enos or rosco, and of course Cooter.......

Sure is nice to dream, but I can't even get the plastic model (1:16 plastic General lee). only something I have been looking for years for, but seems like this duke fan will never ever have any of his dreams fullfilled???

I am, so tired you know, i try and I try, and right now I need someone to help me, I am depressed for many reason, but all I need , if not to meet any of the cast, is to at least of all above anything else, is to have a plastic 1:16 scale of the general lee.

I know, I sound petty, but I have been wanting this model like forever now, and there is no way I will ever meet any of the original Dukes, not in Canada, and certainly not in New Brunswick.

All I want is a piece of Hazzard, to be build my own General lee in a 1:16 plastic model scale, a piece of heaven if you will....

Anyways, thanks to those who took the time to read this.....feeling down at this point and time....

Are you basically lookin' for the you-put-it-together-with-glue model kit? They still have these on the store shelf, where I'm from. If you have real trouble getting a hold of one for some reason lemme know.

Note: I put one of those together once, and it was a complete failure of engineering on my part. Little tiny pieces parts break easy, and the glue sticks to the instructions better than it does to the plastic model. I made up for the shoddy workmanship by applying extra paint to hold it together. Anyway, on the other stuff...

While there isn't a DukesFest this year, there is a shindig this July in TN that's gonna have some cast members. I think somebody posted about it already, and I'll get some noise on the homepage about it soon.

Plus, there's a Canadian Dukes fan club up there yonder. Least there used to be. I think the president of that club, Paul, would be startled to learn there's no other Dukes fans in Canada.

So, dry those eyes! Duke-ness abounds.

Are you basically lookin' for the you-put-it-together-with-glue model kit? They still have these on the store shelf, where I'm from. If you have real trouble getting a hold of one for some reason lemme know.

Note: I put one of those together once, and it was a complete failure of engineering on my part. Little tiny pieces parts break easy, and the glue sticks to the instructions better than it does to the plastic model. I made up for the shoddy workmanship by applying extra paint to hold it together. Anyway, on the other stuff...

While there isn't a DukesFest this year, there is a shindig this July in TN that's gonna have some cast members. I think somebody posted about it already, and I'll get some noise on the homepage about it soon.

Plus, there's a Canadian Dukes fan club up there yonder. Least there used to be. I think the president of that club, Paul, would be startled to learn there's no other Dukes fans in Canada.

So, dry those eyes! Duke-ness abounds.

lol Brian, Ok no more tears....l:)

When you said they have models , plastic ones on the shelves, do you mean the 1:25 scale or the 1:16 scale? It's the 1:16 plastic model General Lee I want real bad, the one you glue and paint and all that.

Down here in New Brunswick , it's even hard to get the 1:25 scale, in fact of any plastic model for that matter.

If they have a 1:16 scale model (plastic) on the shelves, I sure would like for you to get it, I will be glad to get it off your hands,,,heheheh

I been wanting this for 10+ years now , with no success....

lol Brian, Ok no more tears....l:)

When you said they have models , plastic ones on the shelves, do you mean the 1:25 scale or the 1:16 scale? It's the 1:16 plastic model General Lee I want real bad, the one you glue and paint and all that.

Down here in New Brunswick , it's even hard to get the 1:25 scale, in fact of any plastic model for that matter.

If they have a 1:16 scale model (plastic) on the shelves, I sure would like for you to get it, I will be glad to get it off your hands,,,heheheh

I been wanting this for 10+ years now , with no success....

Somethin' tells me, that the plastic you-build-it model that's common around here, ain't the size you're looking for.

What's the deal with the 1:16 vs. the 1:25 scale? Is this like a metric thing? Or like the currency exchange rate? Like, is one 1:16 scale model worth two 1:25 scale models?

I'll see what I can find, anyhow.

Somethin' tells me, that the plastic you-build-it model that's common around here, ain't the size you're looking for.

What's the deal with the 1:16 vs. the 1:25 scale? Is this like a metric thing? Or like the currency exchange rate? Like, is one 1:16 scale model worth two 1:25 scale models?

The 1:25s are easy to find. We've picked up a few at our local hobby shop. We still see 'em every time we go in. I do think the 1:16s are harder to find. I'm not sure I've ever seen one, really.

Brian, the thing is about the 1:16 scale model of the General Lee is for one, it is 12 Inches long. The smaller the number , the bigger the model. This particular model of the general lee, is a rare find and next to impossible to get.

If you find one, that would be great, but if not , I thank you for giving it a shot.:)