Jump to content

Limo One...and Secret Service Are Missing!


Recommended Posts

Watching Limo One is Missing again tonight. I remember watching this one as a small child when it originally aired. Fun and hilarious episode, “luve” it, as Cooter would say, lol! :lol: 

But it was unrealistic as well. There were hardly any Secret Service agents, other than the couple in the blue sedan accompanying it. Even in 1979 there would have been more security guarding and traveling with the president’s car. :wink: 

But, still a memorable and enjoyable episode! :cheers:  I’d add some photos for fun, but they’re always too “big”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, MonacoMan , I remember this one was very good! It was kind of unreal with no more Secret Service than that! It's kind of like in " Play It Again Luke", where that guy needed quick cash for his  gambling debts and was going to kill Candy Dix ( inside joke here?....what were they trying to get across?  :rolleyes:) and pay off his debt ......in real life it takes months to get a cash payment from an insurance company!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Yes, MonacoMan , I remember this one was very good! It was kind of unreal with no more Secret Service than that! It's kind of like in " Play It Again Luke", where that guy needed quick cash for his  gambling debts and was going to kill Candy Dix ( inside joke here?....what were they trying to get across?  :rolleyes:) and pay off his debt ......in real life it takes months to get a cash payment from an insurance company!

Lol...there may have been a little more in-between-the-lines that they were trying to get across, here. :-P But, realism wasn’t exactly “Dukes” strongpoint. It was a somewhat unrealistic ideal that was an awesome escape from reality, that we all wish WAS reality. I miss those days!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Are you saying Uncle Jesse's truck didn't really jump over that moving train in season 7? Are you saying they were just scale models. Sorry, but I'm not believing you. 

Well, by Season 7 that was another thing that sadly contributed to declining ratings (besides ridiculous episode plots), and that was using scale models of the vehicles for the jumps & stunts...you could tell it was fake, and some of the jumps were a little too ridiculous/unrealistic...even for “Dukes”. Even cast members were upset & disagreed with this choice, but the network & producers did it anyway. :roll: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2022 at 10:18 PM, MonacoMan said:

Well, by Season 7 that was another thing that sadly contributed to declining ratings (besides ridiculous episode plots), and that was using scale models of the vehicles for the jumps & stunts...you could tell it was fake, and some of the jumps were a little too ridiculous/unrealistic...even for “Dukes”. Even cast members were upset & disagreed with this choice, but the network & producers did it anyway. :roll: 

TV shows just have a shelf life....unless they are General Hospital or something. The models weren't good but that didn't cause the show's demise. We did get a lot of good out of season 7. Happy Birthday General Lee and Go West Young Dukes are on my top ten list of great episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

TV shows just have a shelf life....unless they are General Hospital or something. The models weren't good but that didn't cause the show's demise. We did get a lot of good out of season 7. Happy Birthday General Lee and Go West Young Dukes are on my top ten list of great episodes. 

There were still a few good episodes at the end...but there were also ridiculous ones that hurt the show. And, ridiculous jumps with using fake models didn’t help. All these factors contributed to the end. But, the legacy of the show overall lives on! :tup: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.