Titanic(1997)

Skipper Duke

9 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Would anyone here on HazzardNet sail on it, if you had a time machine, and could go to 1912, if you could get a life boat and escape the sinking of Titanic? A lot of people say they would go back to 1912 and sail on it long as they could escape that certain death.

Why would you go back to the Titanic, knowing the trauma ahead of you even if you survived? Go back and get the same experience sailing on the Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic. The Olympic sailed successfully for 24 years before being scrapped. Their other sister ship, the Britannic, had a career spanning less than two years after being converted to a hospital ship during WWI and sinking in the Aegean Sea with the loss of 30 lives when it hit a mine. The Olympic's definitely the one to set your time machine for if you want that White Star Line luxury.

23 minutes ago, HossC said:

Why would you go back to the Titanic, knowing the trauma ahead of you even if you survived? Go back and get the same experience sailing on the Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic. The Olympic sailed successfully for 24 years before being scrapped. Their other sister ship, the Britannic, had a career spanning less than two years after being converted to a hospital ship during WWI and sinking in the Aegean Sea with the loss of 30 lives when it hit a mine. The Olympic's definitely the one to set your time machine for if you want that White Star Line luxury.

Cousin HossC Yep! :)

• 9 months later...

Did you know that in Titanic 1997, take out all the  modern day stuff with old Rose telling the story, and all the 1912 stuff is the real life 2 hrs 40 mins sinking timeline? Director James Cameron must have worked  that out on purpose. ;) The Lemon Tea scene with Captain Smith represents visibility. The Lemon in the Tea cup under the Tea is like the iceberg under the Ocean. Every scene James Cameron made has a purpose.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Did you know Macy's Department Store owners were on the Titanic?

A ton of Jews were on the Titanic, that's why it became more famous than other equally awful maritime tragedies, such as The Lusitania etc.  Levi Strauss was on the Titanic! ( you've probably got a pair of his jeans!) , and John Jacob Astor was also on the Titanic. They had all the people that were influential and powerful on that ship. The next year ( 1913), they came out with the  Federal Reserve Act.....UNOPPOSED! ( all those powerful and rich enough to object and actually DO something about it were then dead! )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rose:"I'm so cold. I can't feel my body."

Jack:"Don't you do that! Don't you say your goodbyes yet. Do you hear me? You're gonna get out of here, you're gonna go on, you're gonna make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch 'em grow. You're gonna die an old, old lady warm in her bed. Not here, not like this, not this night, do you understand me?"

Old Rose:"It's been 84 years..."

Brock Lovett:"It's ok. Just try to remember anything. Anything at all." Old Rose:"Do you wanna hear this or not, Mr. Lovett?" Old Rose:"It's been 84 years. And I can still smell the fresh paint. The China has never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called "The Ship of Dreams" and it was, it really was."