Something I Was Thinking About

Hobie Hartkins

OK...i've thought about this. OK....Hazzard is very  small and doesn't even have it's own hospital. ( barely it's own police force...LOL !! )  We hear from Waylon, from time to time, about Shorty's All Night Rib Shack and Pizza Parlor, on  Frontage Road.  It never even shows Frontage Road on any episode and how much money and how many people would a city/town have to have, to have ANYTHING able to function  all night/24 Hr.  ???  :) 

I actually thought about that. An all night pizza place just didn't seem to fit Hazzard. Around here, all night convenient store/gas stations started popping in Hazzard sized towns around 30 years ago but now most of them are closed between midnight and 5am. I'm not sure if anyplace around here has an all night pizza shop. Maybe Erie Pennsylvania with 100,000. 

6 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

OK...i've thought about this. OK....Hazzard is very  small and doesn't even have it's own hospital. ( barely it's own police force...LOL !! )  We hear from Waylon, from time to time, about Shorty's All Night Rib Shack and Pizza Parlor, on  Frontage Road.  It never even shows Frontage Road on any episode and how much money and how many people would a city/town have to have, to have ANYTHING able to function  all night/24 Hr.  ???  :) 

I just checked my notebook. The first episode of season 2 is where I have this listed "Shorty's All Night Rib Shack and Pool Hall on Swamp Road". 

On season 5 episode 6 I have listed "All Night Pizza Parlor on Frontage Road". 

On season 4 episode episode 25 and season 5 episode 7 I have listed "All Night Supermarket on Frontage Road"

I do have a Hazzard Hospital listed on season 5 episode 17. 

Bear in mind that some of the episode numbers could be off by one depending on whether or not a two parter was listed as one episode. 

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Population has to be in the thousands and with a plant or distribution center nearby that has 3 shifts or by a main thoroughfare like I-75 otherwise what would be the point if being open 24/7

This is my point. I really don't see where they would get their business from..... for a 3rd shift!