Boston Marathon

Garrett Duke

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all those who participated in the today's marathon in Boston where several bombs went off in different locations. So far a couple are dead and over twenty others hurt. Just incredibly sad and scary for everyone involved, watching, the police/paramedics/fire fighters, and their families. I can't even begin to imagine what they are now going through.

A lot of people who are in marathons are in there not only to work out or to lose weight but also to raise money for charity or to bring awareness to cancers and other sorts. They give their time, effort, and talent to these charities and this is how they are repaid? Just incredibly sad. I don't understand how anyone could even think of doing such horrorific acts of violence as this...and why?

I guess some things you or at least I will never understand...

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out for everyone affected by this horrible violence and for Boston as a whole.

I don't understand how anyone could even think of doing such horrorific acts of violence as this...and why?

What I don't understand is why the 19 year old who was just arrested is entitled to 80+ years of better food and health care than people get who have never even had a speeding ticket. (and can't afford to pay speeding tickets anyways because their taxes keep going up to support guys like him)

Oh well, I'd better be careful. The moderators don't like political talk here. Now, that's a policy I DO understand.

What I don't understand is why the 19 year old who was just arrested is entitled to 80+ years of better food and health care than people get who have never even had a speeding ticket. (and can't afford to pay speeding tickets anyways because their taxes keep going up to support guys like him)

Oh well, I'd better be careful. The moderators don't like political talk here. Now, that's a policy I DO understand.

Well...I am just relieved and grateful that the Boston police and all other sorts of police that were able to grab him was able to work as they did and to capture him before he was able to do any more harm than what they already did. And I do see where you are coming rom Roger and would normally agree, but I am glad that they caught him alive. Perhaps now they can get some answers...

You're absolutely right Garrett. Hopefully what they'll learn from this guy will help prevent future tragedies. If lives are saved from it, it will be worth the financial cost.

Paying for his incarceration is one thing but I hope he pleads guilty because if there's dozens of appeals over the decades, the security costs alone will be astronomical.

And I should remind myself, he is innocent until proven guilty.