Fantasy Football

Garrett Duke

I am interested in starting a fantasty football league on Yahoo if anyone is interested. If not that is OK as well, just thought I would see if anyone would join if I started one or not. It would all be free to play and only for fun...Roger can tell you how horrible I am in fantasy sports. HA HA. So if anyone is interested or has questions on how it all works, you can PM me or write them here and I will do my best to answer them...though will have to start in the next couple of weeks if I do start it since the season will be starting up in a month or so...

• 2 weeks later...

Football season is soon to be here and if I am to start the league before the season starts will need to know soon. Are you still interested Roger? If not or no one is that is fine too, was just an idea since I assumed I am not the only football fan on the site. ;) It will only be for fun so no money will be needed or is involved. Would be glad to help if anyone doesn't understand or wants to learn more about it. Yahoo makes it pretty easy to understand how it works. As I said, was just an idea and thought I would throw it out there to see who all may or may not be interested. :D

It looks like nobody else is interested. You need a minimum number of players to form a league in yahoo. I think it's 6 but it might be 8. I guess it's not looking good. You might end up having to join a public leauge. I didn't really enjoy fantasy football because I hated watching Steeler games when their opponents had players on my fantasy teams. That doesn't bother me as much in other sports but in football there's only 16 games so the intensity level of each game is higher. Are you going to join the hockey league again?

It looks like nobody else is interested. You need a minimum number of players to form a league in yahoo. I think it's 6 but it might be 8. I guess it's not looking good. You might end up having to join a public leauge. I didn't really enjoy fantasy football because I hated watching Steeler games when their opponents had players on my fantasy teams. That doesn't bother me as much in other sports but in football there's only 16 games so the intensity level of each game is higher. Are you going to join the hockey league again?

Eh that is OK Roger. I am already in public league as well as in a league with people I work with...just thought it would or could be fun to be start one myself. As i said, it didn't matter either way. Just an idea that I threw out there. As for hockey, most likely. Think that is the sport I have done the best yet...sadly it is the sport I know the least about. HA HA. As for your favorite team playing against your players...I hate that too, but always go for my favorite team over my players in my team...but that is just me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided to open a team...been wanting to do so for awhile now...I made it public on Yahoo. but if any of you want to join give me a hallar and I'll send you an invite. Right now I have draft at 8: 45 tonight :( central time. Only time for today left, but if anyone doesn't want to autopick and that is too late, let me know and I can try to change it for tomorrow. May have to do that anyway if no one tries to join. Just thought I'd give you a last chance...LOL.

Roger, are you still somewhat interested if I get enough people to join? I did title my team Chicago Bears '12...woulda made it a Hazzard name if I got anyone interested, but since I didn't get much, I went with a football theme. Feel free to support your Steelers. :D

Just thought I would ask. ;)

I changed the time to 8:45 tonight...don't knwo if that will make it better or not

Edited by Garrett Duke

Well I can't make up my mind. LOL. I changed the date to 5:00 tomorrow central time. If that doens't work out I may just delete it...might have been a b ad idea.

Well after an afternoon of trying how to make the team listed public and on the public list, I still couldn't figure it out. And since it is so close to the season, I have decided to delete it and forget the whole idea. Sorry for all this uselss posts this afternoon. Perhaps next year if anyone is interested...

Thanks Roger :) hopefully you will now check your's. LOL

With that said, I ended up finding a few people interested in joining if I created a football fantasy league. So I have created one in Yahoo as I said before. I will have an online draft tomorrow (FRIDAY) at 8:45 PM CENTRAL TIME. If interested in joining (it is all for free and for fun!) please let me know and I'll send you an invite.

• 10 months later...

Just thought I would make a note to say that I have reactivated my Yahoo Fantasy football league : Super Bowl Bound. If anyone is interested please let me know and I can send an invite. :) It is all for free and all for fun. :D (If you have any questions, please let me know and I can do the best to help. ) Draft is set for Fri. August 9th at 8:30, but I can change it if that doesn't work for anyone. ;)

I have to think about it Garrett. I don't really like fantasy football because I don't like watching Steeler games while I'm secretly rooting for players on my fantasy team to do well against my Steelers. Dividing my loyalties is tough on me. Still, I'm going to consider it.

Plus, my computer is always causing troubles and frustrating me to no end. We got a new modem yesterday so hopefully that will help.

I have to think about it Garrett. I don't really like fantasy football because I don't like watching Steeler games while I'm secretly rooting for players on my fantasy team to do well against my Steelers. Dividing my loyalties is tough on me. Still, I'm going to consider it.

Plus, my computer is always causing troubles and frustrating me to no end. We got a new modem yesterday so hopefully that will help.

Thanks for thinking about it. :) I know...I hate when my fantasy players play against the Cubs, Bears, or Jeff Gordon (oh wait, if I pick anyone but JG in NASCAR, they will play against him! EEHK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL) but do find it fun. Will always go for the Cubs, Bears, and Jeff Gordon before my fantasy team or players. Can't help it. So maybe you could do the same?

Understand about the computer...hopefully your problem is fixed now. :)

. So maybe you could do the same?

. :)

It's just a lot tougher in football since there's so few games compared to basketball, baseball and hockey. Every game feels like the playoffs and it's just a lot more intense.

Still, I suspect in a weak moment I won't be able to resist so PM me the information....LOL

After getting beat by you so bad in fantasy NASCAR I'm looking for revenge.

It's just a lot tougher in football since there's so few games compared to basketball, baseball and hockey. Every game feels like the playoffs and it's just a lot more intense.

Still, I suspect in a weak moment I won't be able to resist so PM me the information....LOL

After getting beat by you so bad in fantasy NASCAR I'm looking for revenge.

Hey Roger...sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been busy the past few days.

My team name is Super Bowl Bound

Team Yahoo ID # (ID# 157944)

I can't remember if I had a pass word or not...I have spent the past week looking for an option for a password or to see what it is and can't find it. If you or anyone tries to join with this ID and can't sign in, well then, you may have to give me your email address to send an invite to you that way...have done that once this year and didn't have a problem with password that I know of. Right now there is four players, hoping for more. When the time comes closer may open it up to public if I need more players.

Draft is Friday, August 9 at 8:30 PM

Thanks for the interest. :)

Hey Roger...sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been busy the past few days.

My team name is Super Bowl Bound

Team Yahoo ID # (ID# 157944)

I can't remember if I had a pass word or not...I have spent the past week looking for an option for a password or to see what it is and can't find it. If you or anyone tries to join with this ID and can't sign in, well then, you may have to give me your email address to send an invite to you that way...have done that once this year and didn't have a problem with password that I know of. Right now there is four players, hoping for more. When the time comes closer may open it up to public if I need more players.

Draft is Friday, August 9 at 8:30 PM

Thanks for the interest. :)

Hey Roger...if you do decide to join my league, to show you my great appreciation for your commitment to my league, I will allow you to draft or have Aaron Hernandez. Who, according to the new Sports Illustrated Fantasy Football issue, is the top third draft pick for tight ends. That has got to be one heck of a deal...if that don't persuade you to join, I don't know what will... ;)

Sorry Garrett but I'm going to pass (no pun intended) on fantasy football this year.

I'm losing my interest in fantasy sports and I'll need time off from it after baseball season to decide if I'm going to give it up altogether.

A Dukes of Hazzard RP after fantasy baseball season sounds like fun though.

By the way, you might want to consider an updated SIFF issue.

Sorry Garrett but I'm going to pass (no pun intended) on fantasy football this year.

I'm losing my interest in fantasy sports and I'll need time off from it after baseball season to decide if I'm going to give it up altogether.

A Dukes of Hazzard RP after fantasy baseball season sounds like fun though.

By the way, you might want to consider an updated SIFF issue.

LOL. I know, right? Someone at work said the same thing...frustrated though. Figured it being Sports Illustrated, it had to be good. Got it a week or so ago and then to find him highly rated...LOL. Perhaps I will look for another fantasy football magazine when the time gets closer...to make sure it is more updated.

An RP sounds like a fun and great idea, Roger. :D

I couldn't resist. I signed up. But this is definitely my last year for fantasy sports. I'm making a New Year's resolution after football and I'm pretty good at keeping them. For now it' going to be nice to see my fantasy team (loaded with Steelers) beat Garrett's fantasy team (loaded with Bears).

I couldn't resist. I signed up. But this is definitely my last year for fantasy sports. I'm making a New Year's resolution after football and I'm pretty good at keeping them. For now it' going to be nice to see my fantasy team (loaded with Steelers) beat Garrett's fantasy team (loaded with Bears).

Thanks Roger for joining...am excited to have you on my league. :) Hope you enjoy it...though do believe you got it wrong.

My team...that will be loaded with Bears (because I only have the very BEST on my team) will be the one beating your team loaded with your Steelers. HA HA. I can only hope...right? Though I did come in second last year in my league...though am sure that half of it was by luck. :D My other two teams I had didn't do so well if I remember right. ;)

If anyone else wants to join let me know and I will help you get started by sending you an invite. :) It is fun...and all for free! :D

I have to admit that fantasy football isn't one of my strong sports. I can't possibly do worse than I'm doing in NASCAR though.

I've never won a trophy in fantasy football but I haven't played much either. Who knows, maybe this will be the year for a big glimmering trophy. Actually I think the correct term would be virtual trophy since they're not real. Still, the joy of beating Garrett in fantasy sports is very real.

I have to admit that fantasy football isn't one of my strong sports. I can't possibly do worse than I'm doing in NASCAR though.

I've never won a trophy in fantasy football but I haven't played much either. Who knows, maybe this will be the year for a big glimmering trophy. Actually I think the correct term would be virtual trophy since they're not real. Still, the joy of beating Garrett in fantasy sports is very real.

Well Roger, if you win it, you probably will have earned it. :) It is great to earn their virtual trophies and it is great to have a good finish, but it is all for fun. :) Though I don't plan on getting beat this year...:D

it is all for fun.

What are you talking about? Getting beat by you is no fun at all no matter what kind of spin you put on it.

I lose sleep every time I'm facing you in the weeks that we're matched together regardless of which sport it is. The stress is more intense than anything I've ever faced in my life.

LOL just kidding.

What are you talking about? Getting beat by you is no fun at all no matter what kind of spin you put on it.

I lose sleep every time I'm facing you in the weeks that we're matched together regardless of which sport it is. The stress is more intense than anything I've ever faced in my life.

LOL just kidding.

Wow Roger...I never knew you were that into fantasy sports...nor did I know that beating and losing to me means so much to you. Kinda makes me feel bad for beating you...as I plan to do in Fantasy NASCAR and Football (after all, it is only fair since you have Soriano on YOUR fantasy baseball team...and the fact I am doing so horribly in all three of my baseball league. Plus, you did beat me...and won the whole league in our football league. Yeah, I say it's my turn to win! ;) ) but as I said...kinda makes me feel bad.

LOL. :) Am looking forward to beating you...oops, I mean, am looking forward to our fantasy football season. :D