Not new, but I don't think I've been intro'd

RT22306

Hi all. I've been a member for about six years, but have been a very infrequent visitor. This may be only my third or fourth post. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was part of my early adult life, I was in the Navy at the time. I recall buying only one "People" magazine in my life, and Catherine Bach was featured in it! Being in the Navy then, aboard ship and overseas I often only saw the show when I was home.

Since that time, and as it passes I've found myself missing the show (as about 99% of ya'll). Denver Pyle was my favorite (sorry Catherine, but you were a very close 2nd!). I don't have cable, but do have some of the season DVDs.

Several years ago on the way back home from a friend's wedding near Rome, GA; I stopped in Covington early one Sunday morning. I had the town square all to myself, and made several laps of it pretending Roscoe was after me (but I was in a green Subaru...). Somewhere, I have a memory card with about 30 pictures of Covington. Some of the storefronts have changed, but I could recognize many of the buildings from Season 1. Some of the trees were larger also. I would have loved to gone into the little diner with memorabilia from the show, and others but unfortunately they were closed. Living in Virginia, I made several stops at the old "Cooter's Garage" at Sperryville. I was sad to see it close; I still have one of Cooter's air conditioners (a fan) hanging on my refrigerator.

I'll try to visit more often in 2012!

Howdy RT! Welcome to HNet! (belatedly LOL).

Great story about how the Dukes was and is a part of your life. ;) I know Catherine was second behind Denver for your favorites, but allow me to take you back with that "People" mag cover of Catherine Bach (and for those who've never seen it...and the rest of us old duffers who might have forgotten about it. LOL...)

cathypeopleYUGE_reduced.jpg

I hope you vist more often too!