WB Original General Lees

WB General Lee

Thanks for the kind words Brian. I understand there are 17 TV cars out there under contract. There are a fewer movie cars out there maybe half that amount. I was lucky to have a chance to own a WB car because really it was being in the right place at the right time and being that I already had a history of owning movie cars.

You are right I think most people who own them are not so much into the money, they love the cars. Its a triple wammy for me. I am a Mopar guy, a movie car guy and a Charger lover.

i was at the Woodward Cruise and talked to two other General Lee guys. We all had lots of fun discussing the cars together.

post-6202-143050812296_thumb.jpg

WB General Lee, you're welcome. I always dig hearing how people obtained an "official" General Lee or completed restoration of a replica General Lee.

It's a shared passion for the cars that keeps them on the road and keeps them coming to shows.

Tim, nice pic! Looks like ya'll took over Covington there! And to think people used to worry about outlaw biker gangs.

I know a few towns up north that would either welcome a herd like this with open arms (and parking spaces), and then there's others that would probably block the road with the advice to keep on truckin'.

Probably be fun to go surround the local Tasteless Freeze with about a dozen of these cars and see how many times you can hit the Dixie horn.

I have never been to a Dukesfeast myself although I may go very soon.

There is something about a car that was prepared by WB. Each car is built up different for use in different scenes. For instance, my car had air tanks in the trunk so when they were on gravel roads, rocks would kick up higher. I am excited, my recent General Lee is going to be delivered to me tomorrow. I will post some pics.

Heres my car along with others on set. After this my car was gone throught by Warner Brothers and fender is fixed.

post-6202-143050812351_thumb.jpg

Well it just came in and I am at work:( Cant wait to get home and take a look. I may put a plate on it and take it to the bar:escape: LOL. The girls love when they see the General:p

I will shoot some pictures of the car tomorrow and post them. This week I will drive the car to where I have my first to reunite them and a few photos.

Its here! I got the General Lee yesterday. It looks better than I thought. I had to put door locks on it and a front molding and rubbed the car and its done. I am going to have a mechanic go through it because I want to drive the heck out of it:D I drove it and the steering was a little swirly but it is cool. It has a roll cage that is serious. Here are a few pictures as it was snowing a little yesterday.

post-6202-143050812489_thumb.jpg

post-6202-143050812536_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been real cold here:( I finally had a chance to pull the General out for a few pictures. I was going to drive it around but now we have snow. Before I really play with it I am going to have everything checked out. It has lots of metal welded underneath the car for the jumps I am sure. The car has the original tag from the builders of the Generals. Here are a few shots of the car.

P.S. you can see the graffiti still on the taillights from the movie scene.

post-6202-143050812628_thumb.jpg

post-6202-143050812639_thumb.jpg

post-6202-14305081266_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...