Q & A of NASCAR

Garrett Duke

Hoss - those are neat pictures. That's awesome that the crew decked out for it and all. I have a small Jeff Gordon car at home that has Star Wars on the hoods...So I am assuming that he was sponsored by the movie for one race, though don't remember seeing it or when it was. I highly doubt his crew cheif and crew got all decked out like that though for it! :D Hopefully they were able to take the costumes off during the race...could see where the outfits would slow down pit stops. (Do they make pit stops in F1? If not, they miss a lot of excitement. LOL) Thanks for sharing that with us, Hoss!

Hopefully they were able to take the costumes off during the race...could see where the outfits would slow down pit stops. Do they make pit stops in F1?

They do make pit stops in F1, although it's only for tires this year (previously tires and fuel) - they're quicker than NASCAR as well because they have about 12 people in the pit crew. The crew all wear fireproof outfits and helmets, and it looks like they modified the normal ones to look a bit like Star Wars outfits rather than exact copies. I can't remember whether they had them for the race, but they definitely practised with them on - check out Darth with the lollipop :):

4058_23050585932.jpg

Great photo Hoss...they really get into their sponsors and such. ;) Twelve guys behind the wall and working on the car in pits sounds like a lot of bodies to get in the way of each other. But obviously they make it work otherwise they wouldn't have that much. If I recall correctly, NASCAR can have only seven. Not sure if that is the amount that can work on the car at a time or that is behind the wall. Do know if they are over, they will get in trouble for it.