hello everyone

hazzardboy7

You sure seem like the kind of feller who's going to fit in here well.

So, do you have a favorite character, season or episode?

We look forward to seeing your future posts.

YEEEHHHAAAWWWW!!!!

Hi my favorite character is Boss Hogg, would of loved to of met him.

My favorite episode is either Big Daddy or no more Mr Nice Guy both have lots of Sorrell in them, closely followed is Rosco P Coltrane(James Best) both of them were so funny together, a real funny double act.

hazzardboy7,

We've had a few folks on here who's favorite character was Boss Hogg but I don't think any of them are actively posting now.

It's nice to have someone here who holds Boss in such high regards. He was such a vital part of the show. So vital in fact, that the show's very existence depended on him.

I never met Sorrell either but he was certainly an amazing man and an unbelievably talented actor.

When you throw three veterans like Sorrell, Denver and James Best into something and combine them with three fresh exciting newcomers....add to that supporting actors like Ben Jones, Sonny Shroyer, Rick Hurst and Peggy Rae, almost any show could succeed. Dukes succeeded beyond any of the (so called) experts expectations because of Guy Waldron and all the writers, producers and stunt people....and it was the kind of entertainment people wanted.

Because everybody loves the four members of the Duke family so much, we sometimes forget how vital Boss is to the show. Without him, it wouldn't have even existed.

By the way, I bet another of your favorites episodes was "Baa Baa White Sheep"

hazzardboy7,

We've had a few folks on here who's favorite character was Boss Hogg but I don't think any of them are actively posting now.

It's nice to have someone here who holds Boss in such high regards. He was such a vital part of the show. So vital in fact, that the show's very existence depended on him.

I never met Sorrell either but he was certainly an amazing man and an unbelievably talented actor.

When you throw three veterans like Sorrell, Denver and James Best into something and combine them with three fresh exciting newcomers....add to that supporting actors like Ben Jones, Sonny Shroyer, Rick Hurst and Peggy Rae, almost any show could succeed. Dukes succeeded beyond any of the (so called) experts expectations because of Guy Waldron and all the writers, producers and stunt people....and it was the kind of entertainment people wanted.

Because everybody loves the four members of the Duke family so much, we sometimes forget how vital Boss is to the show. Without him, it wouldn't have even existed.

By the way, I bet another of your favorites episodes was "Baa Baa White Sheep"

Sorrell and James made the dukes, the comedy they provided in the show was awesome, you could replace Bo and Luke which they did with coy and Vance to a certain point, but they could of never replaced either of them, that's why in my opinion the reunion movies were not to good, no Boss and Rosco humor

I would of loved to of meet Sorrell, he was a real clever guy, and such a great actor,I was gutted when I heard the news he had passed away many years ago now, I have some pictures of his headstone, that I treasure, and always start to full up when I look at them photos.

I know how you feel about the reunion show. For me, it was too sad to see Jesse looking so bad, especially with all three of the younger Dukes gone, leaving him to himself. I suspect a writer never consulted with the fans on that show because a fan would have never left Jesse alone in that condition if they were writing a reunion show. The plot was good besides that though so I have to give the writers some credit.

I cried like a baby when Rosco did a tribute to Boss on the reunion show. When I met James Best in January of 2008 I told him how hard that scene was on me. He got very emotional when I said that. If it was that rough on the fans I can only imagine how rough it was on him.

By the way, James Best has been in our chat room here on the HazzardNet and has also posted stuff too. Scroll down to his forum to see some of his posts.

I know how you feel about the reunion show. For me, it was too sad to see Jesse looking so bad, especially with all three of the younger Dukes gone, leaving him to himself. I suspect a writer never consulted with the fans on that show because a fan would have never left Jesse alone in that condition if they were writing a reunion show. The plot was good besides that though so I have to give the writers some credit.

I cried like a baby when Rosco did a tribute to Boss on the reunion show. When I met James Best in January of 2008 I told him how hard that scene was on me. He got very emotional when I said that. If it was that rough on the fans I can only imagine how rough it was on him.

By the way, James Best has been in our chat room here on the HazzardNet and has also posted stuff too. Scroll down to his forum to see some of his posts.

hi, yes for me that was one of the best parts of the first reunion film, if i recall correctly, the photo they used was from Sorrel's family, his daughter I believe.( I might be wrong though)

I have some of Sorrells scripts he used for filming, they are priceless to me, he changed lines inside in pencil, they are really one of my favorite pieces of duke memorabilia I own.

Wow, where'd you get that at?

That's awesome!!......and priceless.

Do you know what episode they're from?

I'd sure love to get some Denver Pyle memorabilia.

hi the episodes these came from are written on them, inside are bosses line changes, he wrote these in on the script.

As you say to me these are priceless.

Here is a picture:

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/bosshoggusedthisscript.jpg/

On Denver i have some nice photos of him while in dukes,but no scripts like i do have from Sorrell

Wow, that is awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that? I'd sure like to get my hands on some sort of memoribilia from the show, especially Denver's. I've tried to get ahold of Denver's relatives but haven't had any luck getting any items. I did get a response from his son's secretary but she said he told her to tell me he didn't have anything available.

I'm a little nervous about buying something on the internet. I'm not real trusting of computers because there's so many scammers out there.

Wow, that is awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that? I'd sure like to get my hands on some sort of memoribilia from the show, especially Denver's. I've tried to get ahold of Denver's relatives but haven't had any luck getting any items. I did get a response from his son's secretary but she said he told her to tell me he didn't have anything available.

I'm a little nervous about buying something on the internet. I'm not real trusting of computers because there's so many scammers out there.

Hi, when Sorrell passed away, i was aware his family gave all of his remaining scripts to the dukes of Hazzard fan club, who in turn sold them.

I brought one very quickly, and then la few years later i brought another one from eBay.

Both scripts cost about 200 English pounds, but i wanted them badly.

I have a letter from the fan club on both saying these came from Sorrells family.

I don't think you will ever get that kind of thing from Denver, I would guess they would of been destroyed of once the episode was filmed, where Sorrell kept his I guess Denver didn't.

I do have some signed photos from Denver, but i have to admit I don't have much from good ole Uncle Jesse.