Episode Review

Here's an idea inspired by one of our newest members, bolukeduke.

Whenever you watch an episode, write a little review (or long one if you prefer) and post it here to let other people comment on the review and give their opinion of the episode.

Hopefully bolukeduke will be the first to post a review. If not, I'll post one soon.

i just finished watching One Armed Bandits for like the 100th time it never gets old lol. i give this episode a 5/5 because it takes place in Georgia, has Lee 1 in it and in this episode you get to know the Dukes for the first time because it was the first episode. I love the part when Bo and Luke are getting chased by Rosco and they jump Lee 1. This was the first jump that they did and it most of been really cool to acually be there to see them jump that mopar beast. I also like the part when Bo and Luke are chasing Cooter whos driving rosco's patrol car and he flips it. The Dukes will never get boring and there legacy will live forever.

I agree. That one gets 5 stars.

I love the Georgia episodes so much. I feel like a real resident of Hazzard County when I watch them because where I live looks so much like those first 5 episodes.

There's so much else I like about that ep. Bo's line about his ego is hilarious. "I've been working on it for years"

In a rare instance, the boys talk about their fathers when they mentioned to Enos that they ran shine with Enos's father.

Also, did you notice they spelled Roscoe with an e on the big sign at the end?

Of course, those are some trivial little things. On a larger scale, the plot was excellent...very clever writing. It set the tone for what we love about the Dukes.... plots that are clever and interesting but not too complicated.

I love your last line bolukeduke, well said. You're a true Dukes fan.

I watched "Days of Shine and Roses" last night. We'll see if anybody else has more comments about this one before I post a review.

I like Days of Shine and Roses, just watched it the other day! I like how it has a bit of a flashback to the days when Jesse and Boss used to run shine. My favorite part of that episode is when Jesse is tearing around in the field in the mustang Cooter gave him. I think that it really represents the legacy of the ridge runners and how good driving to Jesse is like falling off a bike, you never forget! lol

I give 'Days Of Shine & Roses' 4 out of 5. There were some inconsistent things going on during the race that after about the 3rd time watching it, started to bug me. Other than that, it's a great episode!

I just watched my all-time favourite episode ever! Limo One Is Missing!! :D

I really like the plot of this episode because it goes smoothly from the beginning action, (Cooter stealing the President's car) to the boys getting blamed, (Bo: "There couldn't have been more than a gallon of gas in that can." Luke: "In a one gallon can, no kidding!") to the blowing up of Boss' chop shop and returning the limo. And how they were able to pull off such a plot is in my mind, something to be admired as well! They were able to take a totally ridiculous situation and make it work.

This is also one of the funnier episodes in the first season as well. Just the fact that the President's car is MIA is funny enough, but also some of the lines (like the gas can one) make the episode flow. And Bo's hiccups (OMG! so funny!) they sort of pull the episode together, so many things are going on, and Bo's hiccups are the only thing staying constant, tying the show together.

There isn't a lot of the General in this episode except for right off the start when the boys are distracting the federal dudes. But it is nice to see Daisy being the skinner for once! (Besides, her Roadrunner is a good looking car too!)

So I give 'Limo One Is Missing' 7 out of 5! (for all the reasons listed above and the fact that it is my all-time favourite Dukes of Hazzard episode ever!)

LOL It was so funny that Cooter thought it was fun (and not serious) to do something like that.

Here's some comments about "Days of Shine and Roses"

1) I too loved the old footage of Boss and Jesse.

2) It was awesome that Bo and Luke had so much respect for their elders that they wore ties to see the old film.

3) Jesse and Boss were living their second childhood---great stuff!

4) I loved Cooter's comment when one of the boys called him a genius for getting the Mustang to run so well "And I've always been known for my good looks"

5) What a classic battle for car buffs...a Mustang vs a Camero. Of course neither of them cars would have stood a chance against a Charger

6) Watching Bo and Luke helping Jesse without him knowing, so as to not hurt his pride was cool

7) Seeing Rosco in civilian cloths was rare

8) What an action scene where Cooter had to replace the shine with water on the moving vehicles....whew!

9) 5 out of 5

OK I had to comment on General Lee Girl's comments on "Limo One is Missing". I have to agree. I love that episode...that has to be one of my all time favorite episodes. I like them breaking into the chop shop with Luke helping Bo - I just like seeing their bond or their friendship and them looking out for one another. It's great. Plus them fighting the bad guys was great too...especially the part where they knocked thier guys out and turn to attack another only to be facing each other! So funny! Or them driving the limo past Boss and splattering the mud all over him - Hazzard Classic. The hiccups was great too watching them try to help Bo to get rid of them...love Cooter's line when they are trying to take the limo away from the chop shop and that guy comes out with Daisy and Bo hiccups again and Cooter says something about "Hey look you scared his hiccups back." Or something like that. Was great to see Bo drive the limo - though he looks more natural behind the wheel of The General. :D Plus the fact that Boss was all dressed up and had plans of the president thanking him personally only for the president to call Jesse to thank him for bringing back the limo for him only for Jesse to decline having him to the house due to the poor shape of his glassware. HA HA...wish Boss was there to hear that! Also liked the part of them trying to hide the limo (the boys) in their barn and having to push it in and out in order to hide it from Enos...the gas can line was funny too.

OK, think y'all get the drift that I like the episode... HA HA :D

• 4 months later...

limo one was missing was a really good episode.

do you guys preffer the Duke Of Hazzard episodes when they were filmed in Georgia or when they were in Califorina. I preffer the Georgia ones because it seems more real and it shows the real georgia.

What do you guys think about the episode Ghost of the general lee

i just finished watching repo men.i give this episode a 5/5

1.because i was filmed in georgia.

2. lee 1 is in it as the car richard petty smashed in a used tires commerical.

3. lulu forces boss hogg to get her the royal royce back. lol that was funny to watch his reaction.

4.it had very good action scenes in it like the one where they used cooters truck to run the bad guys car off the road.

what are your opinions on this episode

• 1 month later...

I am just finishing "Witness For the Persecution" and I forgot how much I love it. I loved the part at the beginning when the boys get shot at and Luke takes a crack at Bo. Talks about how it could be any father in Hazzard that their daughters have gone out with Bo. I love that part!! Plus love when Boss acts like he can't even get up to get his own lemonade!!! But the best part is when Daisy went to bed and Boss was there. I love when she shoves him out of the bed, then makes him and Rosco make the bed at the end of the episode.

Watching "Granny Annie" and even though its not one of my favorite episodes, I love Granny! She is so funny! This is also the episode with BB Davenport made his appereance. I never figured why, even though Cooter came back, they didn't bring BB back. Wouldn't have been neat if BB and Cooter helped the Dukes? I think it would have.

Watching "People's Choice" and something struck me funny. When the boys get in the General Lee after leaving the ballot box with Enos and Jesse, the engine flooded. Then they run and get in Cooter's truck. I never noticed that Rosco ran out of the courthouse and tried to hood slide like the Dukes. Well then he slid off the hood and rolled onto the ground. That was the funniest thing I ever saw!!!!!