Tom in concert

DaisyMaeDuke

Ok Im home now....

Let me give more detail:

I was sitting front row center and we had an empty chair at our table. He came down and sat in it and watched his band play an instrumental. He saw my drink (it was a mixed drink called...the General Lee) and asked if that's what it was and if it was good. I said it was and he asked if he could have a drink....of course I said yes!

He took a drink, and made a face (it had watered down considerably), said he wouldn't be drinking many of them....then went back to sing. I got the bartender to give me the cup and told Tom it's not every day I get to share a drink with you and asked if he's sign my cup, which he did.

He sang some Christmas songs and some off his latest album...it was so awesome.....loooove Tom....

Actually no....he had just drove in from Wisconsin and was driving back right after to catch a 7 am plane out. I didn't wanna take more of his time than necessary.

You would have appreciated something I heard though... in one of his songs the lyrics are: "I've been a pauper, a poet...." When he was rehearsing he sang it "Ive been a pauper, a poet, a polecat...." was too funny.

Congradulations Daisy Mae! I am very happy for you that you were able to not only see Tom but to actually meet him. Lucky you!

Your story made me remember my first, at least I think it was my first, John Michael Montgomery concert years ago. (though your story was way better). During his opening act I noticed this guy sitting next to me...for some reason I noticed him during the openning act...but then he disappeared during John Micheal's performance...to find him on the stage. I am pretty sure he was one of John Michael's guitar players...not a hundred percent sure, but am pretty sure it was him.

Like I said, your story Daisy Mae was way better, just made me think of that. You actually got to meet/talk/ share a drink with Tom himself! Lucky you! LOL

I know....I'm so blessed.

I do have to say though one thing that struck me...

I hear all the time about how great John is with his fans, and don't get me wrong, John is amazing... he is a performer at heart and a natural with people. I think though that Tom's talent sometimes gets overlooked because he isn't as outgoing as John and the sacrafices he makes for his fans aren't as noticeable.

At the concert I was at there were only about 40-45 people. Tom traveled by small SUV with the three members of his band over four hours from Wisconsin to here to perform for 45 people. He brought photos to give away and personalized autographs too. He has the reputation of being snooty, yet he came down sat at my table and chatted with me and was casual and comfortable enough to ask to share my drink. He traveled straight back after in order to make a 7 am flight out of Milwaulkee. Now I dont know how much he was paid. But the venue couldn't have made much money as cheap as the tickets were...and Tom admitted that though he wished he could do these small shows all the time he has to have his day job of doing broadway.

Had you seen the performance you would understand when I say it was clearly a labor of love for him. I just wanted to voice that because sometimes the things we hear about people are the things that they do wrong...and the little things don't get noticed....especially by the stars who are not always in the spotlight....