Howdy Duke Fans!

redneck woman

Hey to all the Duke fans out there! I'm not necessarily new, I've lurked about for a few years now. Just hadn't gotten around to introducing myself. I first started watching the Dukes when CMT started running them. Apparently my family watched them on Friday nights, but I was too young to stay up that late (born in '78).

I may have started late, but I've immersed myself in the Dukedom since. I have all 7 seasons, both reunion movies, and I occasionally write fanfiction. I'm also a huge Nascar fan, so if anyone wants to talk racin' give me a yell! GO CARL EDWARDS!!!!

Yeehaw and I'll catch ya'll on the flipside!

Hey to all the Duke fans out there! I'm not necessarily new, I've lurked about for a few years now. Just hadn't gotten around to introducing myself. I first started watching the Dukes when CMT started running them. Apparently my family watched them on Friday nights, but I was too young to stay up that late (born in '78).

I may have started late, but I've immersed myself in the Dukedom since. I have all 7 seasons, both reunion movies, and I occasionally write fanfiction. I'm also a huge Nascar fan, so if anyone wants to talk racin' give me a yell! GO CARL EDWARDS!!!!

Yeehaw and I'll catch ya'll on the flipside!

sweet..well its good to know ya Redneck woman...i just might introduce my self to...lol and im not new by any means to Hazzardnet either

Redneck Woman - Glad to have you aboard and to read your introduction. Always glad to meet another Duke...and NASCAR fan. ;) LOL...I'd be more than happy to talk racing with you. Fair warning though, once I get started talking about racing, it's hard for me to stop. ;) I like Edwards...he's one of my favorite un-Hendrick ;) drivers - if that makes sense. GO JEFF GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the welcome Garrett! Glad ta meet ya. As far as racing goes, I can talk quite a bit about it myself. I am addicted to it! Edwards was a natural choice for me I guess since he is from Columbia Missouri, just up the road from me. And I love those backflips, very original. I'm also a Jr fan as well as Mark Martin and Tony Stewart. Actually it's easier for me to name the drivers I don't like than to name all of the ones I do like. :lol: So any time ya want to talk racing I'm ready! (Great race this past Sunday! I really thought Jr might take the winner's spot.)

Thanks for the welcome Garrett! Glad ta meet ya. As far as racing goes, I can talk quite a bit about it myself. I am addicted to it! Edwards was a natural choice for me I guess since he is from Columbia Missouri, just up the road from me. And I love those backflips, very original. I'm also a Jr fan as well as Mark Martin and Tony Stewart. Actually it's easier for me to name the drivers I don't like than to name all of the ones I do like. :lol: So any time ya want to talk racing I'm ready! (Great race this past Sunday! I really thought Jr might take the winner's spot.)

Im addicted to racin...and Dale Earnhardt Jr. :D

JR had a great race Sunday and was happy for him...hopefully he can carry it through Saturday night at Bristol as well as Gordon. Sorry I had to put that in ;). I'll always be a Jeff Gordon fan. Jr is my third favorite driver after Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. Then Martin because he drives for Hendrick and then probably Edwards...I like his personality and love his backflips.

Though I do see what you mean by saying it is easier to say who you don't like rather than who you do like. I know who my all time favorites are, but there are a lot of drivers out there on the circuit that I do like and am happy for when they do well. In that aspect, it is easier to identify who I don't like as well. If all that makes any sense ;).

Dale Jr is a good pick Daisy. I like him too. He's a good racer despite rumors to the contrary. And of course he's not bad to look at either. :wink:

Garrett, I do understand what your saying. It makes perfect sense to me. I guess my top four are Edwards, Jr, Martin, and Stewart. I have my fingers crossed Carl will get his first win of the year Saturday night. I'm ready to see another backflip. :escape:

Have you ever been to Bristol for a race? It's so amazing. I got to go this spring for the first time. It's so different from the other tracks I've been to. I love the atmosphere at all the tracks, but Bristol is one of the most intense. You can't hear the person next to you because of the noise. It's so awesome. All except the height. There are a lot of hills and stairs. Let me tell you, for someone who doesn't really have a head for heights that wasn't fun. :oops:

Dale Jr is a good pick Daisy. I like him too. He's a good racer despite rumors to the contrary. And of course he's not bad to look at either. :wink:

Garrett, I do understand what your saying. It makes perfect sense to me. I guess my top four are Edwards, Jr, Martin, and Stewart. I have my fingers crossed Carl will get his first win of the year Saturday night. I'm ready to see another backflip. :escape:

Have you ever been to Bristol for a race? It's so amazing. I got to go this spring for the first time. It's so different from the other tracks I've been to. I love the atmosphere at all the tracks, but Bristol is one of the most intense. You can't hear the person next to you because of the noise. It's so awesome. All except the height. There are a lot of hills and stairs. Let me tell you, for someone who doesn't really have a head for heights that wasn't fun. :oops:

Ive never been to a race at all :oops: to be honest...lol...im a NASCAR fan and havent even been..........lol but ive watched NASCAR on the TV and i love Dale Jr., Jeff Gordon........thats about it for me lol.... and lol im scared of heights too lol

I am glad that I made some sense ;) sometimes I wonder if I do or not. You have a good variety of drivers that you like/follow which is good to have.

Sadly, I have never been to a race before, though I would love to go see one in person. We were going to take my grandpa to one for father's day last year in Chicagoland but the prices where so high that we didn't do it. :( Though I have been to Bristol two times for Dukefest...only once though was I allowed to go into the stands. We walked all the way to the top and yeah that is a HIGH hill to climb - it would be worse though I would think to do so with a lot of people. I would love to see any race, but would think it would be great to see one at Bristol - I always look forward to them racing there. I hope for your sake that Edwards wins, but for my sake, I am really hoping that Gordon wins Saturday night. :D He needs more points going into the chase - I really hate how they have it that way.

I have also been to the Nashville track - though only the Nationwide Series races there for two other Duke fests and we were able to walk onto the track. It was great to do so - it is a steep track.

I have also been to Chicagoland Speedway once and was on the track as well, though not for Dukefest. My grandpa got a couple of tickets for Richard Petty's Driving Experience for his birthday and since he already was able to have a ride at Lowe's Motorspeedway, he let me and my cousin have the rides. He rode Stewart's old car - it was back in '06 I think and I got to ride in Jr's old car. It was awesome! I would love to do it again! They only had those two cars up for rides and I was actually able to chose which car I wanted to ride - they just gave my cousin to Stewart's car. I was happy to get to ride in Jr's car!

Those are the only tracks I've been to but have never gone to a NASCAR track :(. Very sadly. Though I often have said, the day I get to go to a race, Gordon will get in an accident on the first lap or so and be out of the race...my aunt had that happen at Lowes. She liked Dale Jarrett and he crashed on the first lap and was taken out...it'd still be a blast to be there, but hard it is hard for me to sit still and watch without Gordon racing in it even though I do have others that I do like. If all that makes any sense...again.

As I warned earlier, once I get started talking about NASCAR, I can't stop. LOL. There's my track experience...

Daisy - you like Gordon too?

i am glad that i made some sense ;) sometimes i wonder if i do or not. You have a good variety of drivers that you like/follow which is good to have.

Sadly, i have never been to a race before, though i would love to go see one in person. We were going to take my grandpa to one for father's day last year in chicagoland but the prices where so high that we didn't do it. :( though i have been to bristol two times for dukefest...only once though was i allowed to go into the stands. We walked all the way to the top and yeah that is a high hill to climb - it would be worse though i would think to do so with a lot of people. I would love to see any race, but would think it would be great to see one at bristol - i always look forward to them racing there. I hope for your sake that edwards wins, but for my sake, i am really hoping that gordon wins saturday night. :D he needs more points going into the chase - i really hate how they have it that way.

I have also been to the nashville track - though only the nationwide series races there for two other duke fests and we were able to walk onto the track. It was great to do so - it is a steep track.

I have also been to chicagoland speedway once and was on the track as well, though not for dukefest. My grandpa got a couple of tickets for richard petty's driving experience for his birthday and since he already was able to have a ride at lowe's motorspeedway, he let me and my cousin have the rides. He rode stewart's old car - it was back in '06 i think and i got to ride in jr's old car. It was awesome! I would love to do it again! They only had those two cars up for rides and i was actually able to chose which car i wanted to ride - they just gave my cousin to stewart's car. I was happy to get to ride in jr's car!

Those are the only tracks i've been to but have never gone to a nascar track :(. Very sadly. Though i often have said, the day i get to go to a race, gordon will get in an accident on the first lap or so and be out of the race...my aunt had that happen at lowes. She liked dale jarrett and he crashed on the first lap and was taken out...it'd still be a blast to be there, but hard it is hard for me to sit still and watch without gordon racing in it even though i do have others that i do like. If all that makes any sense...again.

As i warned earlier, once i get started talking about nascar, i can't stop. Lol. There's my track experience...

Daisy - you like gordon too?

yeah

Ooh, Chicagoland would be fun. I've priced tickets there before and I have to agree, sky high. That's one of the closest tracks to me too. It would be between Chicagoland and Kansas. I've been to a few race tracks so far, I've only been really into it the last 5 years. But the first time you go to a race, you are addicted. My friend from work took me to my first race at Kansas, since then I've been to at least one race a year if not more. I've been to Kansas, Talladega, Charlotte (Lowe's), and Bristol. Next year we are set for Bristol and Charlotte in the spring. For some reason we always go to the spring races.

I was at Dukesfest 2006 (I think) in Nashville and that was a nice track too. My brother actually went to the Nationwide race there when our very own Bo Duke was there. He got some pictures for me of course (I might have had to hurt him otherwise ;)) I've also been on the Indianapolis track once a long time ago. That was before my interest in racin' began, so I didn't get as much out of the experience as I would now.

That driving experience sounds awesome! That is one thing I have never done. I don't know a whole lot about it, never paid much attention. So do they have a driver that drives you around the track at top speeds or are you just driving normal speeds? I'm sure I could look it up, but it will be more interesting to get your first hand take on it. I wonder if they ever let the people drive the cars themselves? This is something I need to look into for my brother and cousin. I bet they'd have a blast and I'd have favorite sister/cousin status for a while.

it is hard for me to sit still and watch without Gordon racing in it even though I do have others that I do like.

This actually happened to me this spring at Bristol. Carl wasn't doing so well, none of my favorites were up front and Kyle Busch was leading (Not one of my favorites). It got a little boring on the track, but I started people watching which is another one of my favorite pasttimes. Or you can go down and look through the souvenir trailers. That's always fun, although I try to do that before or after the race.

I just love everything about racing; the camping out(we always stay at a campground close to the track except for Bristol, too cold), the people, the noise... the party.

As I warned earlier, once I get started talking about NASCAR, I can't stop. LOL.

Keep right on talking, I'm with you! "I love it, I love it, khee, khee!)

YAY! I have finally found someone that I can talk racing to...I am always worried that I am boring people with it and all that. :)

That is a bummer about your last Bristol race...I'd be the same way. For me that would be even worsen it even more to have Kyle Busch leading it/winning the race after having my driver out of the race or way back in the field. He is a driver that annoys me/or is my very least favorite. Though I bet people watching would be fun to do as well and to see who their favorite driver is or how big of a fan they are. Would love to see their souvenir stands as well - I had a guy at church that owns a construction company and I guess if you make it into the top number of best company you get to go to a race and he bought me a Gordon shirt at the track since he knew I was a fan of his.

The Richard Petty driving Experience was awesome! If you have a chance to go, I'd go. LOL, but that's me. I am not a big adventurous person and don't normally like going real fast or any sort of those amusement park rides, but I enjoyed it - maybe because it has something to do with NASCAR. ;) Anyways, you have two options for the Driving Experience. You can either drive a car around the track or you could ride along with one of their drivers...I rode and am glad that I did. For driving you have to go through a course or a class or something and they do something to their cars so you can't drive so fast. But if you ride, the driver drives right up along the wall as you see the drivers do in the race and they go really fast - I think almost or the same amount as they do at the races. My cousin asked his driver, I didn't think of asking, but I think he said that he went close to two hunder miles or something like that. The driver takes you around the track three times -which goes by way too fast LOL - but it is worth it. I don't know how much you are allowed to go around the track if you are driving it. Tney had more cars available when I went for people driving it themselves, for riding along, they only had the two cars available to ride. Funny thing is, is my landlord's husband got to drive one in the new track here in Iowa and he got to drive Gordon's car - he is a Jr fan. So I got to ride in Jr's car and he drove Gordon's car. LOL.

I bet your brother had fun going to the Nashville race - glad he took pictures of Bo for you!

I bet going to the races are awesome and addicting once you go. Do they have screens there that you can watch the replays if someone got in an accident? I always find those good on TV so you can see it again to see what really happened. They go too fast that sometimes you don't really see what exactly happens the first time - at least for me. I'd be worried going to a race in person that I would miss something that they would show or explain on the TV. That is interesting that you go in the spring more often than not - I bet you love the spring then. Something to look forward to.

Well tomorrow night is Bristol! I always get excited for Bristol because it is a track that I have been to, and I think Gordon is pretty good there, and the fact that it is a night race. I love night racing for some reason. Think it is probably just something different that they don't always do. Plus it gives me a full day to recover before work. ;) LOL. I find Bristol exciting! Hope you get to enjoy it tomorrow night!

Not to worry Garrett, I never get bored with this subject! I even get Nascar Illustrated mailed to me just so I can keep up with it all. lol Thanks for the heads up on the driving experience too. I will definitely have to look into that. For them and for me if I don't have to drive. I'm not sure I could do the whole training thing and then driving around the track. I like going fast, but I also like feeling in control if that makes any sense.

The souvenir trailers are amazing, there are row upon row of them all lined up and three or four deep depending on the track. Some drivers will have more than one trailer in the group. Like Jr has at least three if not more, and his are always busy with Jr nation fans. Then they have the off the wall trailers like Ricky Bobby (Talladega Nights), and Digger (Fox's camera gopher), and at Bristol they have Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon Moonshine stand. These are all of the "official" souvenir places. Then you have what I call tent city. These are the unofficial souvenir stands and sometimes their prices are less, not always though. They have more variety and some really off the wall things there. It can take up to a full day to look through souvenir alley and tent city if your actually stopping to look at things. It's fun.

Every race that I have been to has a big screen on the infield somewhere. They do the replays of the wrecks and mishaps as well as zooming in on cars. This is a good thing if you don't have or don't want to carry binoculars on some of the tracks. And you can also rent or take your own scanner. You can listen to the tv station throught the scanner if you want or the radio station. I usually listen to the drivers themselves. Sometimes this is the best entertainment of the whole race. The drivers don't hold back like they have to on tv. They just let it rip. I listened to Tony Stewart singing a song once as they cruised around the track on a caution lap. Plus the scanner blocks out some if not most of the noise so you don't go home with a splitting headache. (At least I tend too.)

Yep, I'm ready to watch. Hopefully I get to see it. If not I'm sure my brother will give me an overview. At least he'll tell me who wins. lol Have a great weekend!

Wow NASCAR Illistrated...I thought I was up to date on everything by making NASCAR.com one of my first stops I take when I get online. ;) Never even heard of the magazine, but it sounds interesting and something I would like. I like everything NASCAR. Which is ironic...over twelve years ago if you were to say I would even remotely like NASCAR, I would have thought you crazy. I got into liking the Dukes in '97...or again, I should say (I was five when they stopped making the show, but remember watching / liking the show back then), a year after the show got onto TNN. Before getting back into the Dukes big time, I didn't understand how anyone could like racing and thought of the sport as very meaningless - after all, all it is is a bunch of men chasing each other around in circles. They don't get no where and so forth - might as well as watch your dog chase it's tail. Well now thanks to the Dukes, General Lee and their racing, I am a HUGE racing fan. Truth be told though, it took me forever to really fully understand it and to become addicted to it. I didn't have anyone to tell me the whys and all that goes on except for a Jr fan I knew online and it always took her awhile to get back to my questions. I just collected Gordon stuff and watched parts and pieces of races here and there. I don't think I fully understood the whole thing until '04 with the points change and then things began to fall into place for me. (Ironically though, I am not a big fan of how they have the whole points thing either. LOL)

OK there is my long and boring fandom story. LOL. Now everyone I know, knows I like racing and Gordon. Gordon and the Chicago Cubs.

I understand what you said about liking to go fast and to be in control. I doubt the classes or what not they teach would be very hard or boring, just a precaustionary type thing I would imagine though don't know since I didn't go through it. I think it may cost more to drive it as well...I know one is more expensive than the other, but I could be wrong. I'd perfer to ride if I ever get to go again just because I enjoyed it so much and I would be too nervous to drive the car myself and that I would wreck it or wreck someone else or whatever I could do wrong. LOL.

LOL...I find that funny. Somehow I can't imagine Stewart singing at all not alone during the race. I assume he was in a good position when he was singing during the caution and obviously in a good mood. I think that would be interesting to listen into what the drivers are saying...I know I do when they do it on the TV, but a lot of times on the TV I have a hard time understanding what they are saying. That is good that they have a screen for everyone to see, though I would also worry that I'd find myself watching that more than the actual track and to do that, you might as well as be home watching it on TV.

The souvenier stands and tents sound interesting and a place I'd be stuck at forever! LOL...there'd go my checking account and all my money I brought with me. LOL. Digger has his own stand? LOL. . .that's funny. I like him and find his commercials cute. I personally wish that NASCAR would stay on Fox, I like Darrell Waltrip and Jeff Hammond. I have nothing against the other commentators and they are all good, but I like those two the best.

I hope you have a good, fun, and relaxing weekend. I hope your Edwards will have a great race tomorrow night...by what it says on nascar.com they are having practicing or they were an hour ago or so and it was clouding up. Hopefully they won't have any more rain issues tomorrow night.