Emotional times

dukefan

A lot of people used to get me mad when they would say to me that the actors on the Dukes could not act worth a fart.

I was so offended by that, I told them off and then proved they could act, not that I had to prove anything, but was my way to shut them up

Here is are 3 caps that just brought tears to my eyes and made me love the show that much more;

vlcsnap-222232.png

vlcsnap-219307.png

vlcsnap-223659.png

Anyone else remember the sad moments for the dukes?

Almost forgot, ya don't have to post pics,I just put them there to get this thread started.

We all remember the funny times, but it's also good to remember the sad times too, after all, that only made the show even stronger, know what I mean?

So anyone who has favorite sad moments, I would love to hear them.:)

Oh gosh yeah here's a few

1. Brotherly Love - When Bo is sitting by Luke begging him to wake up

2. Undercover Dukes Part 1 - When the boys try and ask Daisy to forgive them and she mentions Jesse's birthday then slaps bo and elbows Luke

3. Carnival of Thrills - the boys fight and subsequent leaving (in floods all the time)

4. Too many Rosco's - when Rosco goes under and the boys cant find him. Its the first and only time I think you actually hear (not see) Luke cry a little bit.

5. Brotherly Love - At the end when Luke's saying bye to Judd and you can see he wants to cry and Bo proves why he's Luke's little brother not Judd.

6. A boy's best friend - Not really sad but melancholy, when the boys reminisce about how they lost their parents and Luke says: I dont ever remember being quite that sad...but then I had you and Daisy.

7. OPening Night at the Boar's Nest - Several from this episode, when Rosco thinks he's really lost Boss and he's crying begging him to come back and doing everything he can to do it, and also because its the last episode of the series entirly :(

8. Goodbye General Lee - When Luke goes through that archery shoot with Bo and makes Bo give up General Lee, John Schneider really perfects his kicked puppy dog look that brings tears to my eyes every time lol.

9. Dr Jeckyll and Mr Duke - Not really sad but definitly heart breaking and cringe worthy - When Luke comes back to dinner and is just so rude...I cant watch that scene without cringing. Tom had a lot of fun in that episode though lol.

10. Strange visitor to Hazzard - Now I know that this is a weird one, but it just proves that the Dukes didnt care who or what, they accepted anyone as a member of the family. When they call the alien Lil' Cousin and when they subsequently have to say goodbye to him at the end...that's sad.

That's all I can think of right now, i'll let you know of anymore I can think of

Oh gosh yeah here's a few

1. Brotherly Love - When Bo is sitting by Luke begging him to wake up

2. Undercover Dukes Part 1 - When the boys try and ask Daisy to forgive them and she mentions Jesse's birthday then slaps bo and elbows Luke

3. Carnival of Thrills - the boys fight and subsequent leaving (in floods all the time)

4. Too many Rosco's - when Rosco goes under and the boys cant find him. Its the first and only time I think you actually hear (not see) Luke cry a little bit.

5. Brotherly Love - At the end when Luke's saying bye to Judd and you can see he wants to cry and Bo proves why he's Luke's little brother not Judd.

6. A boy's best friend - Not really sad but melancholy, when the boys reminisce about how they lost their parents and Luke says: I dont ever remember being quite that sad...but then I had you and Daisy.

7. OPening Night at the Boar's Nest - Several from this episode, when Rosco thinks he's really lost Boss and he's crying begging him to come back and doing everything he can to do it, and also because its the last episode of the series entirly :(

8. Goodbye General Lee - When Luke goes through that archery shoot with Bo and makes Bo give up General Lee, John Schneider really perfects his kicked puppy dog look that brings tears to my eyes every time lol.

9. Dr Jeckyll and Mr Duke - Not really sad but definitly heart breaking and cringe worthy - When Luke comes back to dinner and is just so rude...I cant watch that scene without cringing. Tom had a lot of fun in that episode though lol.

10. Strange visitor to Hazzard - Now I know that this is a weird one, but it just proves that the Dukes didnt care who or what, they accepted anyone as a member of the family. When they call the alien Lil' Cousin and when they subsequently have to say goodbye to him at the end...that's sad.

That's all I can think of right now, i'll let you know of anymore I can think of

Oh those were good ones, I know also in the million dollar sheriff, when Rosco inherited 10 million dollars and Uncle jesse got hurt bad, that was kinda sad too.

Oh here's a couple more!

11. Play it again Luke - At the end when he and Candy are singing together. Real emotional song especially when you put it into the context that they met in Nam. Think about it people ;)

12. Luke's Love Story - When he and Amy split up and when he's talking to Jesse in the kitchen at night.

good memory there Bo, forgot about Candy altogether, and yeah, that scene where luke spills his guts to Jesse, was a great scene too>:)

Also from Carnival of Thrills, when Bo said his final goodbye to Diane and watched her go

From Officer Daisy Duke...when Enos hurts his ankle and tells Daisy to go on...

There's so many...

how could I forget the carnival of thrills, that was a real test of family values and what has to be done to keep it.:), yeah, that was lovy dovy scene with enos and Daisy , which reminds me of another scene from enos straight to the top , when rosco tricked enos in the cell, so he wouldn't go a wall to help bo and luke get Daisy back

This might not qualify since it wasn't on the original 7 year series.

I'm not a real big fan of the reunion movie and one of the reasons why is the scene where Rosco did a tribute to Boss. That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life. I am seriously getting emotional right now just thinking about it.

I'll never watch that reunion movie again. To me, Boss is still alive and Jesse is still as strong and healthy as an ox. In my mind Hazzard County and the people who live there are real and I won't accept anything less.

I'm not a real big fan of the reunion movie and one of the reasons why is the scene where Rosco did a tribute to Boss. That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life. I am seriously getting emotional right now just thinking about it.

I'll never watch that reunion movie again. To me, Boss is still alive and Jesse is still as strong and healthy as an ox. In my mind Hazzard County and the people who live there are real and I won't accept anything less.

awww, I am sorry you did not like the first reunion, but that movie was dedicated in the memory of Boss hogg, which was the big reson for the reunion. They were all at the funeral of Sorell.

They wanted to do something together to comemorate (however ya spell that), in his honor , so was born the reunion movie.

That so does count as an emotional moment in Hazzard Roger, i teared up to when rosco was talking to the picture of hogg. It was also said that James had a hard time doing that scene, and he did not do it in the first take either.

You sure are an old softie Roger...

i agree, that was VERY sad. i think i cried.haha i probably did considering i cried the first time i saw Ghost of General Lee. hahaha i was in like 6th grade too!!!!! but oh well. your never too old to cry=]]

i agree, that was VERY sad. i think i cried.haha i probably did considering i cried the first time i saw Ghost of General Lee. hahaha i was in like 6th grade too!!!!! but oh well. your never too old to cry=]]

yeah, that's the pics i have put up at the beginning , episode caps from Ghost of the General lee, I cried too when I first saw it, and did again when I took these pics.

I also remember a sad moment when cooter's daughter Mindy sue came to hazzard to find her father. Every time she saw cooter, he was in some fight, or running from the law,seeing cooter try so hard was sad too.