To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo nodded a little, swallowing hard.

"You know as...as in staying someplace nice and....letting some doctors help ya work things out cause...I just...I dont know what to do to help you Luke and...i'm frightened that...the moment I take my eyes off ya...the next thing I know you'll have gone and...do...what you nearly did...yesterday and...I...I can't handle...losing Uncle Jesse and you...I can;t do it...and this is the only way I can think of to help you..."

he said with a sniff, feeling like the worst person in the world for suggesting it...like he was suggesting sending Luke to some prison...

Bo shook his head softly.

"I don't want you to go...I'm so scared that I feel like you have to get some sort of help...and I cant be here 24 hours a day cause I got a farm to run, and Daisy to look after and Uncle Jesse for now too...I cant give you the support you need I just can't do it...i'm freaking out thinking about all the work I gotta do already...I want nothing more than for you to be here with me, with us working things out together like we always do but....we just can't while you need someone's help and I can't be the one to give it to you this time...I couldn't even if I didn't have so much to do because I just don't know what to say...what you want from me..."

he admitted softly, his voice getting tight with emotion, wishing that Luke wouldn't think that he was sending him away.

Luke swallowed hard tears falling down his cheeks. He felt horrible for making Bo take on all the responsibility. It was supposed to be Luke...Luke was the one who was supposed to be in charge...thee big brother...the would be patriarch...not Bo. "If...if you think...it's best," he said softly not really caring what became of him.

"yes you could...you could even just a little bit...I dont want you to think I dont care, that I'm just passing you off because i've got so much to handle...its not that, its really not...I really am just...I feel so...lost and...I...I want to sort everything out, I want to make it okay again but I dont know how....I just dont know how..."

he choked softly on the words, shaking his head and feeling ashamed of his own inadequence. Luke would have known how to help him...why didn't Bo know how to help Luke...

Bo clung back to him just as tightly, just as afraid as Luke was that he was going to lose his older cousin...he was going to lose all authority figure he had in his life and then he would be the one to take the helm...when inside he still felt like a little, unprotected 5 year old. Luke had already suffered that..twice over with the death of his parents and now his Uncle and Aunt...but Bo...Bo was only just learning what loss really meant...and he couldn't handle it any better than Luke.