To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

Bo stepped forward gently, leaning down as his Uncle motioned to him and hugging him softly...the only father he had ever known. Swallowing hard, he let a few silent tears dribble into the pillow underneath Jesse's head before leaning back up and tenderly kissing the old man's forehead softly, before putting his hand there.

"Just rest Uncle Jesse....we'll...we'll be ok..."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse however didn't let go of Luke's hand, squeezing it gently back, wanting his kids to be near him as he slipped away. In truth, he was scared of what was happening next...anyone facing death would be....but eventually he just couldn't hold on any longer. He closed his eyes, and suddenly Lavinia was there...bathed in a white light and holding her hands out to him smiling....smiling back, he reached out and took her hands softly....walking with her into the light.

Bo bit his lip hard as Jesse's features relaxed...the hand slipped from Luke's....and the heart monitor flatlined. Swallowing hard, as the doctors walking in quietly to turn of the blaring machine...he put a hand on the top of Jesse's head...carressing the white hair softly.

"g'night Uncle Jesse....look after him for us Auntie..."

Eventually the doctors came, giving condolenses to the family as he led them out. A nurse carefully drew a white sheet over Jesse's face.

Watching that seemed to be the breaking point for Luke. Trembling profusely, he whimpered. It wasn't the whimper of fear. It wasn't a whimper of sadness even. It was a whimper of desparation. "Bo..." That was all he said, as tears came down his cheeks, but even in the state he was in he knew there was no need to say anything more. He and Bo were closer than brothers. Words were never necessary.

Bo only just managed to stop his bottom lip quivering, kissing the top of Daisy's head softly as they were lead out into the hallway before letting her go gently. He then quickly grabbed Luke and held him in a tight hug, his hands fisting in the blue plaid at his back, rocking him softly.

"I gotcha brother....I gotcha..."

"Luke please...tell me...what do you want me to do for you....do you want to come home...do you want to stay here where the doctors could help ya...I dont know what to do Luke, I dont want you to go....but I dont know how to help you...I need you to tell me how to help you..."

Bo pleaded desperatly, looking straight into Luke's eyes, praying for any sign that Luke heard him and would tell him what needed to happen next.

Luke watched seeing how distraught Bo was and knowing that it was all largely due to him. "I wanna go," he answered steadily. It wasn't all true. He wanted to be with his family more than anything. But he couldn't keep hurting them...and if leaving would make him stop hurting them, then he was going to leave...one way or the other.