There needs to be a Texas Dukesfest sometime

TXZ045

I know what you're saying TXZ045. You know how the "Enos" show was a "spin off" of the series. I would like to see a lot of spin offs of DukesFest. Of course nothing could ever be as big and awesome as the real one but a smaller traveling DukesFest would be nice. It could be on the concept of the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall that exists. Of course it would have to be a money maker or nobody would ever do it. If not a traveling show, then smaller annual events in several other cities would be nice. Even I could get together with several Dukes fans at the same time, that would be great. Has anyone ever heard of Dukes clubs that meet on a regular basis? By the way, TXZ045, read my thread entitled "Northern DukesFest".

Indeed. I looked on MeetUp dot com for Dukes of Hazzard fans... in my local area to see if there were any 'MeetUp Groups' for Dukes.... but didn't find much..... I will get on over there and read your thread. Thanks for the reply and yeah, I think a traveling version of DukesFest would go over nice and make a good amount of cash to keep it going no doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I say try & start it yourself if theres not a show in "your" area that you like, then make the show. TX you mention looking to see if there was anyone in your area looking for Dukes gatherings, maybe there are others out there just like you that are trying to find stuff.

Can you start a webpage or post on sites an say that you want Dukes fans to gather somewhere for a non-formal get together.

It is really cool to see something born out of it after a little while.

Myself I started a Mopar show here in NJ & it got to over 300+ Mopars in a few yrs.

Just a thought I sure don't mean to preach by any means....I was thinking/typing out loud is all. Oh by the way that Charger event that someone mentioned above is the TDC & Wes & Jerry help Wayne Wooten run that TX show & they get over 100 Chargers there! There is always at least one General each yr.

You're right TomBo. Now I feel inspired to contact the folks at the Canton Ohio auto show and see if they would consider trying to bring in more Dukes stars. Rosco was there recently and the long line to meet him went through two large rooms and into the lobby and remained that long the entire time. Imagine how many tickets they could sell if they had other Dukes stuff and stars there too. Tickets = money so maybe they'll listen. I'll get my northern Dukes Fest yet!!!