Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)

Troy didn't notice Bo's face. He just continued talking stroking his bear affectionately. "She said...he didn't like kids...an' that...that woth me bein there...he wouldn't come back....but I always hoped he would...I thought maybe...if I was good enough...he'd come back...." Realization made him choke back tears. "Guess he won't come now....I slapped one of the nurses today."

Bo looked up at the cieling...it was true he didn't love kids...in fact some of them could be downright annoying and boy when they got to teenagers did they get moody...but Diane had made him to be some kind of uncaring monster in Troy's mind, even if he didn't know that Bo was his father.

In a way he supposed he was sort of behaving that way, with what he had been saying before....the thing was, it was more the shock of maybe being forced into this responsible life of a parent than have a choice whether or not he entered it or not...