Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)

Jesse gave Bo another startled look before looking to Troy. "Bo..never...liked em...either..."

Troy looked up at Bo before looking back to Jesse. "They prick me a lot...look..." With that Troy showed the underside of his thin arm. It almost looked like he had the chicken pox, so full of red marks it was.

Jesse sighed. "You're a ...brave boy..."

"No," answered Troy. "I don't like the pokes...an I don't like how they smile when they poke me an act all nice...if they was nice, they wouldn't poke me...but they ain't nice and they do."

Jesse laughed a little. "Well now...who 's yer friend?" he asked looking at the bear in Troy's arms.

"S'my bear. His name is George. Wanna hold him?" asked Troy handing his beloved bear to Jesse.

Jesse took the bear and softly turned it in his hand. "An...an what's this round George's neck?" he asked fingering a gold locket which hung from a chain.

"Was Mama's" said Troy with a sniff. "Daddy gave it to her for her birthday...it's got letters on it too....BD...DB...see?"

Jesse swallowed hard recognizing the initials. "An' this was your mama's ya say?"

"Yeah... I...I was cryin' real hard when she broughted me here...an' she gived it to me to play with...it opens up...see?" With that he opened the locket displaying an empty heart. "There used t be a picture of Daddy in there, but once she caught me looking at it and I never saw it again...an...I dont remember him now, " he added sadly.