Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)

Daisy didn't really expect her to jump at the chance so with the milk and cookies on a tray, using her waitressing skills she climbed the ladder single handedly and went over to Jaime sitting down beside the hay pile and handed her in a cookie. "I used to love to eat cookies under the hay when I was little...course usually it was cuz I didnt wanna get caught with em in the first place...."

"Jaime honey...I think it's bout time you an I build this aunt niece relationship. Now havin a daddy's nice, but there's a time when a girl needs another girl around...I know I sure did. Uncles are great...but...I bet you found out that sometimes...well...they just don't understand us... and when they don't understand...they yell and act so childish."

Daisy took a deep breath. "Sweetheart, he loves you. He ain't lookin' t' replace you...an' though you love havin' him all t' yerself ya gotta understand somethin... even though yer daddy is your whole world right now....an' you'd be perfectly satisfied for it just t' be the two of ya fer the rest of yer days, a day'll come when you'll want companionship that yer daddy can't give ya. Yer daddy is a normal man...an' he has the need for that companionship too. Now before you say anything let me tell you somethin bout your daddy. I grew up with Luke. And I ain't EVER heard him tal about ANYONE the way he does you. He thinks you're the best thing that's ever happened to him... in fact he told me as much just yesterday. An he ain't gonna do nothin' to hurt you...even if that means denying himself from pleasure. He loves you that much...he's afraid he'll lose you...he thinks he ain't a good enough dad Jaime...."