Dog Collar Challenge

Meadowmufn

I'll second a bid for freedom for Alex. He's been an incredible friend for me through many many ups and down. He's been to comfort me when I needed it and also kick my butt when I needed it, all without compliant or asking anything in return.

I try to tell Alex how much his friendship means to me, if in case that doesn't add up to what he truly does for me, let me also stand up for him.

To tell the blunt truth, Maryanne, to lose Alex would be to lose the heart and soul of alot of us.

Doc

Doc--

*BLUSH*:oops: Another wonderful post... Thank you so much for what you said. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family on my side. Thank you...Im grateful for all of you in my life, and you all know who you are...

Alex

*Strolls in from being gone gawd knows how long to a far away place riding a rodeo as most cowboys do.(Real Cowboys! Not URBAN wannabees!) Covered from head to toe in dirt, bruised and probably some broken bones somewhere.*

Heya'll.....looks like I been missin alot. Can anyone sum up a quick catch up for me?

I do apologize for my tartieness.... things just aint been goin my way. But Im here now and I wanna help any way I can. Gotta know whats going down first.

*Sits down and waits for a long story made short.*

*straightens denim jacket collar* Well Chet I been watchin' all the proceedin's and Alex did make some comments about dog collar's and maryanne wearin' 'em but hey it was all in good fun right? She took exception to it and has had him in the hoosegow and is now plannin' to hang him or some other dastardly punishment. I believe every man deserves a second chance to rectify his mistakes though.

B.L.

Ah I see, thank you for the imformation BL. I assure you my friend, there is no other law women as fair and understanding as Miss MaryAnne Coltrane. That lady there has been very very merciful to me in the past, even when I'd been and incredibly bad boy. *Smiles.* Im sure what ever choice she makes for Alex will be made by her best judgement.

*Leans against the cell.* Hey Alex.... WHOA! Total dejavu! Dont I recall us starin through bars at each other about a year and a half ago. Except I think the situtation was reversed, I was inside and you was out. *Smirks.* If I do recall correctly ya was lookin in on me like a prime steak, though I cant blame you.... I had been a very bad boy.

Dont worry Alex ol' buddy ol' pal, my charges werent nothing like yours, Im sure MaryAnne will be merciful. I only roughed up my uncel... you your charges are bit more suveer, messin with MaryAnne. Tsk tsk... I hope she measure that neck tie the right length, or you could be standing on your tip toes for a bit. *Chuckles.* Good luck!

(P.S. Im pulling your chain Alex, actually ya are a great guy and good friend. I can understand some friendly fun pokin at the collar idea with MA. She wont lynch ya, she never lynched me and I done alot worse[i think]. Good Luck just the same, ya got alotta long time friends here in Hazzard, includin myself who'll vouch for ya. )

post-2642-143050809171_thumb.jpg

Ah I see, thank you for the imformation BL. I assure you my friend, there is no other law women as fair and understanding as Miss MaryAnne Coltrane. That lady there has been very very merciful to me in the past, even when I'd been and incredibly bad boy. *Smiles.* Im sure what ever choice she makes for Alex will be made by her best judgement.

*Leans against the cell.* Hey Alex.... WHOA! Total dejavu! Dont I recall us starin through bars at each other about a year and a half ago. Except I think the situtation was reversed, I was inside and you was out. *Smirks.* If I do recall correctly ya was lookin in on me like a prime steak, though I cant blame you.... I had been a very bad boy.

Dont worry Alex ol' buddy ol' pal, my charges werent nothing like yours, Im sure MaryAnne will be merciful. I only roughed up my uncel... you your charges are bit more suveer, messin with MaryAnne. Tsk tsk... I hope she measure that neck tie the right length, or you could be standing on your tip toes for a bit. *Chuckles.* Good luck!

(P.S. Im pulling your chain Alex, actually ya are a great guy and good friend. I can understand some friendly fun pokin at the collar idea with MA. She wont lynch ya, she never lynched me and I done alot worse[i think]. Good Luck just the same, ya got alotta long time friends here in Hazzard, includin myself who'll vouch for ya. )

Hey Chet---

Nice image there of that swinging rope..*gulp* *ahem* Okay so maybe I might have suggested that MaryAnne would look lovely in her collar and maybe I might have flirted with her a time or two...Okay so maybe I am a bad boy...cant help it, just showing some appreciation for a fine outstanding Deputy... Thank you for the support though Chet, I do appreciate your kind words... :)

Alex

*straightens denim jacket collar* Well Chet I been watchin' all the proceedin's and Alex did make some comments about dog collar's and maryanne wearin' 'em but hey it was all in good fun right? She took exception to it and has had him in the hoosegow and is now plannin' to hang him or some other dastardly punishment. I believe every man deserves a second chance to rectify his mistakes though.

B.L.

BL--

Why thank you for saying so! :D

Alex

Yer welcome Alex, I been around here for a while don't know you very well but ya seem like a nice fellar. I'd be more careful about who I flirted with or suggesting they wear dog collars though if I were you.

B.L.

And that's some sound advice. :deputy:

*looks at dog collar in hand* Gee, I haven't had to put this on anyone yet. Which is probably a good thing. Also I'm leaving the pleading and groveling for Alex's life open for a few more days. I know there's a couple of wayward travelin' Hazzard-folk out there who will want to chime in on all of this.

Meantime....how are those stories coming? We got what, 15 days to go? Less than 15? Hmmm.... Have I started my story yet? Ahh...no.

Anyone else started theirs? :dog:

Well going back through the thread here (54 pages of insanity. I can't believe it. Actually, yes I can. LOL) it would appear that Mufn opened it up for discussion, Alex suggested July 30th and we have yet to either have more suggestions or a ruling from the Supreme Superior Officer. Khee!

I vote for July 15th. I've only just barely started on a lil' dog caper for this challenge and even if we go to July 30th I probably won't have it finished. (I seem to recall a comment about Brian and I taking five years to write a story? That's not bad when ya think about it. KHEE!) And heck I don't have my Appomatox Challenge story finished either. Man, I gotta git to work!

So Mufn, what'll it be? We stick with June 30th? July 15th? July 30th? Or a date of your choice?

:deputy:

Well going back through the thread here (54 pages of insanity. I can't believe it. Actually, yes I can. LOL) it would appear that Mufn opened it up for discussion, Alex suggested July 30th and we have yet to either have more suggestions or a ruling from the Supreme Superior Officer. Khee!

I vote for July 15th. I've only just barely started on a lil' dog caper for this challenge and even if we go to July 30th I probably won't have it finished. (I seem to recall a comment about Brian and I taking five years to write a story? That's not bad when ya think about it. KHEE!) And heck I don't have my Appomatox Challenge story finished either. Man, I gotta git to work!

So Mufn, what'll it be? We stick with June 30th? July 15th? July 30th? Or a date of your choice?

:deputy:

Well, what do y'all think? July 15th or July 30th?

*bursting back into the fray after an absence of several days and two thousand miles....*

Man, see what I miss when I halfta leave town?!

Let me speechify for Alex here, and I hope I'm not too late. ( If I am, I'll give him a helluva floral arrangement. Alex always was fond of blossoms n' such.)

When I first met Alex, he was a vicious son of a ---- who'd just as soon cut your throat as look at ya. I was determined right then that I'd kill 'em as soon as I could make the time. Busy as I am, tho', I nevah rightly got around to it. Alex hated my guts back then, and he'd vowed to wipe me out in turn, but somehow he didn't get around to my demise either.

After a period of mutual animosity involving a lot of dirty looks and vague promises to destroy each other, we found true friendship in forming diabolical schemes against other local characters. Alas, there are several personalities missing from our fair group, because Alex and me nailed 'em right and left. Ah, the carnage! The intrigue!

And after all this time...I'm sure looking back on it...

Alex would do it all again in a heartbeat, given the chance. Nowadays, he tops it all off by annoying Ye Olde Towne Deputy, which may have sealed his fate at last. If so, I'll miss the rotten, low-down, son of a stale biscuit...

*smacks forehead after hearing Brian's speach.*

We're suppose to save Alex by convincin' MaryAnne he's worth saving. Not tell MaryAnne what a great killer he is! Geez!

Man, what is it with 'bad guys'?

I guess I love bad guys in spite of their wicked ways which as a Strate I'll never understand...

*Waylon plays in the background*

Val

*smacks forehead after hearing Brian's speach.*

We're suppose to save Alex by convincin' MaryAnne he's worth saving. Not tell MaryAnne what a great killer he is! Geez!

Man, what is it with 'bad guys'?

I guess I love bad guys in spite of their wicked ways which as a Strate I'll never understand...

*Waylon plays in the background*

Val

Hey Val did you meet James here he's visiting Hazzard he's english he just wants somebody to try out his passenger seat. Lol.

P.S. Nothing is going to happen he is just James Bond.

*bursting back into the fray after an absence of several days and two thousand miles....*

Man, see what I miss when I halfta leave town?!

Let me speechify for Alex here, and I hope I'm not too late. ( If I am, I'll give him a helluva floral arrangement. Alex always was fond of blossoms n' such.)

When I first met Alex, he was a vicious son of a ---- who'd just as soon cut your throat as look at ya. I was determined right then that I'd kill 'em as soon as I could make the time. Busy as I am, tho', I nevah rightly got around to it. Alex hated my guts back then, and he'd vowed to wipe me out in turn, but somehow he didn't get around to my demise either.

After a period of mutual animosity involving a lot of dirty looks and vague promises to destroy each other, we found true friendship in forming diabolical schemes against other local characters. Alas, there are several personalities missing from our fair group, because Alex and me nailed 'em right and left. Ah, the carnage! The intrigue!

And after all this time...I'm sure looking back on it...

Alex would do it all again in a heartbeat, given the chance. Nowadays, he tops it all off by annoying Ye Olde Towne Deputy, which may have sealed his fate at last. If so, I'll miss the rotten, low-down, son of a stale biscuit...

Brian---

Ah the good ol' days... I remember them well, and youre right, back then I did tend to shoot first and ask questions later. I'm thinking about our first meeting.. *Ahem* Yes we did have a hatred for each other but after awhile that shaky beginning has turned into a solid friendship and beyond! We did have some awesome plans together didnt we? Man we had some corkers! *chuckles*

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane Brian, I do appreciate you throwing in your two cents and your support. And thanks for the offer of the floral arrangement, hopefully I wont need it! *crossing fingers*

And yes my latest adventure thats landed me in Crowbar City has been annoying a certain Deputy. What can I say? She's a heckuva Deputy and I'm letting my admiration for her show a little bit...but surely I dont deserve my current view through bars nor...something else... Ahem...

Is this what you meant Brian when you say reform is hell? Because yes it is...and its even harder sitting in jail.

Alex

Guest DanielPHorse

I know that I am not often seen here, but I have come to help my friend Al-ex. I am told that I need to speak about his character. Here are my words; they are straight-arrow, I hope you hear them well.

When I first arrived in Hazzard by the will of Maiyun, the Good Supenatural, I was a frightened boy who had been the property of another man and nothing else. I owned nothing and had nowhere to go. It was Al-ex who found me, took me into his home, and taught me that I could be my own man instead of another man's property. Along with Brian Coltrane, Al-ex taught me that it was possible to live as a free man, that it is all right to laugh, and that it is all right to open your heart to the people who care for you.

Al-ex could have easily taken this skinny half-breed Cheyenne as a slave. Instead, he refused and set me free, watching over me until I could survive on my own. Today, I own land and ponies and a home, and have a good woman as my wife. I would have none of those things without his help, generosity, and friendship.

I have finished.

I know that I am not often seen here, but I have come to help my friend Al-ex. I am told that I need to speak about his character. Here are my words; they are straight-arrow, I hope you hear them well.

When I first arrived in Hazzard by the will of Maiyun, the Good Supenatural, I was a frightened boy who had been the property of another man and nothing else. I owned nothing and had nowhere to go. It was Al-ex who found me, took me into his home, and taught me that I could be my own man instead of another man's property. Along with Brian Coltrane, Al-ex taught me that it was possible to live as a free man, that it is all right to laugh, and that it is all right to open your heart to the people who care for you.

Al-ex could have easily taken this skinny half-breed Cheyenne as a slave. Instead, he refused and set me free, watching over me until I could survive on my own. Today, I own land and ponies and a home, and have a good woman as my wife. I would have none of those things without his help, generosity, and friendship.

I have finished.

Daniel---

I'm speechless...Thank you my friend for what youve said. Everyone stood up for me and I cant thank any of you enough for your words... if I get out of this, I'm sure going to try and make it up to all of you!!! Thank you my wonderful family! :)

Alex