When Friends Ain't Friends...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. watched the cousins sighing in relief when Bo visibly relaxed in their hold. Pushing away from the wall smiles at them saying quietly.

"I'd better get goin' Cooter's probably figured out I went AWOL at work by now and he'll be lookin' for me."

Luke looks up when B.L. speaks and moves away from the wall.

"Ya better let him know where ya been, he CB'd lookin' for ya when he went by the Boar's Nest and you weren't there and they told him ya had called in sick."

B.L. sighs nodding and leans over the back of the couch hugging Bo from behind before doing the same to Luke and Daisy.

"Lemme know if there's anythin' I can do."

Gestures to Bo sitting between them. Both cousins nod in response before B.L. leaves.

Bo closed his eyes, shaking his head and letting Luke hold him, needing to feel the security of both him and Daisy.

"That was a month or so ago....I should be over this by now...I should be....it wasn't even that bad! I just got hit by him is all...I shouldn't even be so badly traumatised....I'm not traumatised! And why didn't this happen in the hospital! Shouldn't it have happened directly after the thing actually happened..."

He knew he was blabbering, making no sense whatsoever, but he needed to have this out loud reasoning with himself and needed Luke and Daisy to reassure him and hear it as well.

Luke put his finger against Bo's lips to quiet his babbling for a moment.

"Bo nobody knows exactly how the brain works.....but apparently it was bad enough. Maybe your brain just pushed it all aside while it was happening unable to deal with it at the time but now that your home and things are 'normal' it's being unlocked so you can cope with it. Just know that your not alone Bo ya can talk ta me, or Daisy anytime day or night. B.L. and Cooter's available too anytime ya need 'em."

Luke comforted and reassured softly in Bo's ear.

Bo stopped as Luke pressed his finger to his lips, looking to him frightened and confused. As he listened, he knew that Luke was making perfect sense, the doc's had told him this might happen too...but still it was scary enough that it was acutally happening to throw him all outta line.

"I...they....they'll lock me away if I don't get better won't they....put me in the loony bin..."

Luke looked back at Daisy with the same questioning look. He wasn't sure if they should tell Jesse yet or not either. Looking back at Bo and still feeling him trembling Luke shook his head slightly at Daisy they would wait till Bo wasn't in earshot to tell Uncle Jesse what was going on in hopes that it was just a one time occurance.

Jesse came into the livingroom sitting down in his favorite chair and picked up the newspaper. Glancing occassionally at the three young people on the couch wondering when the two holding onto the third would tell him what was going on. But deciding not to question them they would tell him when they thought it was the right time.