When Friends Ain't Friends...

B.L. lazily opened one eye to look at him he didn't look fine but she wouldn't pressure him. If he wanted to talk about it he would in his own time and if he didn't no amount of asking from her would drag it out of him. Settling back down closing her eye she decided to just keep a close ear on him and would press further if he still seemed a little bothered by something.

"kay"

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke finished up in the barn and decided to check on Bo before mending the fence out behind the barn. Walking over to the house he noticed things looked awfully still in the room,moving a little closer with a muttered curse he knew why everything was so still and quiet the room was empty and he could see the other window open. Deciding to give Bo the benefit of the doubt though that he'd just raised the window to cool off the room and had gone out to the kitchen for something to eat or drink. Bounding up the steps into the house he calls out walking into the kitchen.

"Uncle Jesse, Daisy is Bo...."

Luke shook his head angrily growling.

"never mind I have my answer, he ain't here."

Jesse came in just in time to hear the last of Luke's statement with a furrowed brow he asked.

"Who ain't here?"

Luke just looked at his Uncle for a moment before again growling his answer.

"Bo...he's disappeared. The window that faces the east 40 is open so that must be his escape route."

Jesse frowned as he listened to Luke wondering just where his youngest had gotten off to. He wasn't happy about it anymore than Luke was but he also understood Bo's need to have a break from the hovering that the family tended to do. He'd talk to Bo about letting someone know when he needed to get away instead of just sneaking off when he came back from whereever he was.

"Now Luke he's a big boy and can take care of himself, he'll be back from whereever he went."

Luke shook his head opening his mouth to argue with Uncle Jesse that Bo shouldn't be out there alone but quickly closed it knowing better than to argue. Deep down he knew he was hovering and that Bo just needed some time to himself but he still couldn't help worrying about him.

Daisy shook her head, crossing to Luke and wrapping her arms around him, knowing the glare was only given because he was worried and she was the one calming him down instead of him being able to go and do what he wanted, which was to find Bo and drag him back home.

"Luke...Bo is a grown man, not a 5 year old anymore. I'm sure he had the sense to take his inhaler..."

She glanced to the open bedroom door where Bo and Luke always hung their coats.

"Look he even took his coat. C'mon cut yer younger cousin some slack...and actually there have been quite a few times you've been laid up because someone beat ya bad so dont you start that."

Daisy nodded, resting her head on his chest as he proped his chin on the top of her head, sighing gently.

"I know ya worry about him, we all do. But there's worryin' an' there's bein' paranoid...i'm sure he's just fine. Uncle Jesse's big toe would be hurting if there was trouble which there ain't."

She reminded him jokingly.

Daisy smiled and eventually gently pulled away, rubbing Luke's back gently before turning back to making the pie she had been before Luke's outburst. She loved both her cousins dearly and while inside she felt slighlty panicked that Bo had run off without telling anyone....really she knew that if it was anyone's fault it was B.L's.

She had seen the look on B.L's face when Bo had resigned himself to his room and had been supported all the way there by Uncle Jesse and Luke, she wanted to rescue him and allow him the fun the family restricted because of worry.

Bo was in good hands with B.L. She was sensible and would call or bring Bo back if there were any problems....she just didn't want to tell Luke because in his frame of mind he was more than likely to take it out on the girl.

Satisfied that Luke had calmed down Jesse went into the livingroom and sat in his favorite chair to read the paper. He had a feeling Bo wasn't completely alone and while he'd preferred Bo had told one of them he knew that he was ok.

Luke turned and went back out to finish the chores when Jesse had went to read the paper and Daisy had turned back to he pie making. He just hoped Bo would be back before dark and the air became damp and chilly. Walking across the yard the CB in the general lee crackled to life with a familiar jovial voice.

"Breaker one Breaker one I might be crazy but I ain't dumb Crazy Cooter comin' atcha any o' you Duke's home on the Hazzardnet c'mon?"

Rushing over to the open window of the car Luke reached in and grabbed the CB mic pressing the transmit button.

"Luke here Crazy C what's up?"

"Have ya seen B.L.? I went by the Boar's Nest for a beer and she weren't there. I asked and Jerry said she'd called in sick but that ain't so ya saw her she was fine when we left ya'lls place."

Luke shook his head wondering why he hadn't thought of it before when he found Bo missing. Bo wasn't alone he bet, especially now knowing B.L. had called in sick she had to be with Bo but where they had snuck off to he didn't know. Pressing the transmit button he replied to Cooter's question about her whereabouts.

"No we ain't seen hide nor hair of her since ya'll left here Bo's missin' and I'm bettin' she's with him."

Cooter shook his head with a slight chuckle those two were always getting upto some sort of mischief and seeing how they could worry their families.

"I bet your right Luke, If I see 'em I'll make sure she brings Bo straight home. Catch ya on the flip side Buddyroe I'm gone."

"Catch ya later Coot"

With that Luke replaced the CB mic and resumed his trek to the the barn.

Bo swallowed gently as he leant against the barn whole, having taken on a slight tremble and not from cold. For some reason, an inexplicable fear had risen in him and while it wasn't showing completly, he knew that right now the slightest thing was going to set it off, something he couldn't afford to let happen.

He kept trying to clam himself down, but there wasn't a lot he could do without alerting B.L. that there was something wrong. As soon as she knew that she would take him straight hom and he wasn't ready to go face a tongue lashing from his family yet....

B.L. still had not opened her eyes just letting the peace of the place surround them. Feeling a slight tremble go through Bo sitting shoulder to shoulder as they were she cracked an eye looking over at him. He didn't look like anything was wrong to the average observer but to her and his family a small change from his normal appearance was detectible.

"Bo? You ready ta go home?...the longer we stay gone the longer the lecture's gonna be."

Worried something was wrong with him but tries to make it sound like she was more concerned with the amount of trouble they were going to be in.

Remembers what the doctor had said about him possibly needing professional help to deal with the memories of what he'd been through and figures that was what was happening but she didn't want to believe it wasn't something his friends and family couldn't help him through without the help of doctors.

"The doctors said this might happen....it's just after affects of the trauma of being held captive. C'mon we'll go back ta the farm and you'll feel better."

Leads him toward home to the safety of the farm and his family.

Luke hearing Daisy's frantic call rushes into the house seeing Bo kneeling on the floor next to B.L. shaking while she kept an arm around him.

"What's wrong?"

B.L. looks up at Luke shaking her head and shrugging helplessly.

"I dunno Luke, every little sound is scarin' him ta death."

Luke rushes over pulling Bo gently to his feet and guiding him to the couch where he sits down beside his youngest cousin with an arm around his shoulders.

"s'alright Bo yer safe"