Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo shook his head desperatly, battaling the pain and the tears that threatened to fall once more

"I can't...can't....hurts....hurts so bad...."

He tried to break the hold from Luke's hand, even though he was in so much pain he didn't want to hurt Luke. He tried desperatly to get his hand to unclench but found it hard.

"I know it hurts Bo but you got to try hard to keep calm"

Luke positions them so that Bo's head is now in his lap,holding desperately to Bo's hand as he wipes the sweat beading on Bo's forehead with the washcloth left from the night before. Luke fights his own battle with panic not wanting to scare Bo by losing it. He calls loudly hoping Uncle Jesse is either somewhere near their room outside or in the house.

"Uncle Jesse........ya better get in here somethin's wrong with Bo"

With every wave of new pain, a spasm was shot though Bo's muscles, making them hurt all the more as he did so. It hurt so bad, he could feel himself slipping unconcious, trying desperatly to keep it together but finding it harder and harder.

"Luke....pain...hurts...oh god...please...make it...stop..."

Apparently Uncle Jesse didn't hear his frantic call, Luke looks back at Bo worriedly he's gone as white as the sheets with beads of sweat popping up on his brow from the pain. Noticing Bo seems to be having trouble staying conscience. Bites his bottom lip he has no idea what to do to stop the pain. Knowing it isn't a good idea most likely but it's the only idea he has.

"Just hang on Bo.........I'm gonna go see if I can find Uncle Jesse's new hidin place for the shine. Ya probably don't need ta drink too much of that stuff cos the Doc will want to get ya on medicine as soon as possible but this is an emergency." *squeezing Bo's hand* "I'll be right back I promise."

Before Bo has time to respond Luke is out of bed and dashing down the hall to the kitchen cursing when he fails to find the shine in the first few places he looks.

Apparently Uncle Jesse didn't hear his frantic call, Luke looks back at Bo worriedly he's gone as white as the sheets with beads of sweat popping up on his brow from the pain. Noticing Bo seems to be having trouble staying conscience. Bites his bottom lip he has no idea what to do to stop the pain. Knowing it isn't a good idea most likely but it's the only idea he has.

"Just hang on Bo.........I'm gonna go see if I can find Uncle Jesse's new hidin place for the shine. Ya probably don't need ta drink too much of that stuff cos the Doc will want to get ya on medicine as soon as possible but this is an emergency." *squeezing Bo's hand* "I'll be right back I promise."

Before Bo has time to respond Luke is out of bed and dashing down the hall to the kitchen cursing when he fails to find the shine in the first few places he looks.

Bo tried as hard as he could to bite back the cries, that were rapidly turning into scream, of pain as it spread through his body like wildfire. He hopes desperatly that Luke could either find the shine or at best find Uncle Jesse....Jesse always knew what to do...

He prayed silently that someone would come soon and do something, he couldn't hold on for much longer...

Luke finds the 'shine and grabs it just as Uncle Jesse comes in the door his face turning up into a thunderous look persuming Luke is just sneaking shine.

"Lucas what in tarnation are you doin?"

Luke jumps as his given name is bellowed right behind him, turning to face Jesse with a desperate look in his eyes

"Bo's in terrible pain Uncle Jesse,what're we gonna do"

Fear leaps into Jesse's eyes at the news,calls out as Luke leaves the room and he reaches for the phone.

"I'll call doc and get him back out here you see what you's can do with Bo as soon as I've called Doc I'll be in there ta help."

Luke nods distractedly as he dashes back down the hall pouring a hefty amount of shine into the empty water glass,sliding one arm behind Bo helping to prop him up. Holding the glass to his lips.

"It's gonna be ok Bo, Uncle Jesse's callin Doc ta come......just sip this slow and easy it'll ease the pain."

HIs muscles still spasming as he was sat up by Luke made it difficult for Bo to keep still and the pain made it hard to focus on what Luke was saying. He soon felt the glass pressed to his lips though and smelt what it contained.

He willed himself to take a sip opening his mouth as much as he could to allow Luke to pour some 'shine in, managing just barly to swallow. His breathing was quick with pain and also fear, and he turned his head away as Luke pressed the glass more to his lips to get him to drink more, afraid of choking on the soothing liquid.

Luke sighs as Bo turns his head that one small sip wouldn't even take the edge off the pain. But he realized Bo was probably too afraid to drink more and his breathing was too fast for Luke's liking. Rubbing Bo's back soothingly

"Bo I need ya to concentrate on ya breathin just like in the hospital ok.....Ya gotta try really hard to get it under control there's no oxygen masks or tents here at home."

Jesse comes into the room seeing Luke working with Bo on his breathing he sits on Bo's bed watching fearfully as Bo breathes hard and his muscles spasm.

"Doc will be here in 10 minutes he said"

Luke nods not able to speak as he keeps his own breathing slow and even all the while concentrating on Bo's own breathing.

Luke smiles encouragingly at Bo knowing he was doing the best he could. He felt Bo's muscles ripple against his own body everytime they spasamed,causing Bo's breathing to get more ragged but he worked to get it back under control as much as possible.

"Good Bo just keep it up"

Doc Appleby comes into the room noone having heard him knock on the front door he let himself in and made his way to the boys bedroom. Seeing Bo laying rigid in Luke's arm his breathing uneven and arching slightly everytime another spasm hit. Spotting the shine bottle he points asking

"How much of that has he had?

Jesse and Luke notice him for the first time Luke shakes his head uncertainly,not stopping his own even breathing to answer but not really knowing how much Jesse had put in the coffee just that Bo had only taken one sip from the glass on the nightstand. Jesse replies as Amos searches for something in his bag as Luke holds up one finger indicating how many sips Bo'd had

"I put a shot in his coffee this morning and Luke's just given him one sip"

Doc nods standing with a syringe and small bottle in his hands

"Ok..........I'm only going to give him enough muscle relaxer to stop the spasms it shouldn't be enough to put him to sleep"

With that Doc Appleby indicates for Luke to hold Bo as still as possible while he administers the shot in Bo's hip not wanting to administer it in the arm for Bo to see what he's doing.

It didn't matter however where the Doc was administering the medicine, Bo could still feel the needle slip under his skin and it made him cry out desperatly, trying to fight against the strong hold that Luke now had on him, fighting the firm grip Luke was using to keep him still.

But as the drug started to work its way through his system, hiw whole body seemed to melt into the touch. Bo knew what was happening, what he had been given and he was thankful that the pain had finally been stopped, but the feeling of having all the control of your own body taken away from you, reminded him forcefully of the hospital, and the breathing tube....

He whimpered softly in Luke's arms, that being the only thing he could now do.

As Bo struggled to get out of the hold and cried out Luke looked back at Uncle Jesse with haunted eyes. It nearly killed him to have to hold Bo down like this everytime he had to be given a shot. It was cruel Luke thought because the animals in that cabin up on Mudd Flatts had restrained him to give him the malaria. Shaking those thoughts from his head Luke tried to tell himself that this was different it was a loving hold not meant to be mean in any way but he just couldn't quite believe it.

As Bo whimpered in his arms the spasaming now stopped Luke just wanted to take him away from all this some place where it was safe from all the pain even if it was for his own good now. Tightening his hold on Bo Luke begins to sing softly hoping to soothe Bo knowing he must be scared after all that had just happened in the space of a few minutes.

Doc turns back to Jesse satisfied that Luke will handle everything with Bo now.

"Jesse I'd like to start the medication that my collegue in Atlanta recommended for Bo's malaria. We compared notes on what was found in the syringe and Bo's blood sample and it appears to be just a mild case thankfully it's just hit Bo hard. Now there are oral medications but I believe Bo will benefit more from an IV but that means readmittance to the hospital."

Bo rolled his head and nuzzled into Luke's chest, squeezing his eyes shut. All his muscles had been relaxed so he couldn't not only move, but he couldn't talk either. He had finally managed to get his breathing back to normal but it was laced with gentle sobs that increased a little as he heard what the doc has suggested. He tried instead to concentrate on Luke's singing, hearing the soft gentle words and his soothing voice that had calmed him after nightmares in childhood.

Luke holds Bo tight as the sobs shake the now relaxed body. Jerking his head back up to look at Doc Appleby and Uncle Jesse,eyes desperately pleading for another way as he shakes his head no. They can't put Bo back in the hospital.

Doc watches Bo nuzzle into the safety of Luke's chest and arms,he can see that putting Bo back in the hospital would almost certainly tear the young man apart but he didn't know of any other way at the moment.

Luke holds Bo tight as the sobs shake the now relaxed body. Jerking his head back up to look at Doc Appleby and Uncle Jesse,eyes desperately pleading for another way as he shakes his head no. They can't put Bo back in the hospital.

Doc watches Bo nuzzle into the safety of Luke's chest and arms,he can see that putting Bo back in the hospital would almost certainly tear the young man apart but he didn't know of any other way at the moment.

Bo noticed the eery silence that had fallen and was slightly greateful because now, as he leaned against Luke's chest, he could hear the strong heartbeat that pulsed within, a heartbeat that resided from a heart that Bo was sure was made of pure gold.

He didnt want to go back into hospital, the thought alone terryfied him....but he knew that his family were going to do what was best for him in the long run...he couldn't help but feel though, that is these were his last few days or maybe even hours of living, he would rather spend them at home with his family, than in some hospital surrounded by unknown doctors and nurses. If he was to die, he wanted to die at home with the people who loved and cared for him, who would provide support to the very end.

He wanted to tell them so badly....but he had a feeling that Luke probably already knew. It was a gift they shared, the ability to tell what one was feeling through a simple touch or look.

Luke instinctively knew what sort of thoughts would be going through Bo's head it would be the thoughts of dying that he'd tried to dispell in his younger cousin just this morning. Looking down into Bo's eyes Luke smiles with a firm shake of his head,Bo wouldn't get better if he kept thinking thoughts of dying and Luke didn't think he could cope with that if it happened.

Jesse lets all that the doctor has said sink in and having seen the desperate pleading looks from Luke just about broke his heart he didn't want Bo to have to go back to the hospital anymore than Luke did or anymore than he was sure Bo wanted to go back but he had to think of what was best for Bo's health instead of what they all wanted. Clearing his throat before asking.

"Is there any other way Amos?"

Doc takes a deep breath as he considers his answer. What comes to mind is done frequently in other places but Hazzard just doesn't have the resources to keep patients at home. Alot of times it was the family though who wanted the patient in the care of a hospital so they didn't have to worry with it but he already knew the Duke's would bend over backwards if it meant keeping Bo at home.

"Well Jesse, there is a such a thing as keeping the patient at home if they aren't critically ill,it's alot of extra work on the family..... I believe though it might be best for Bo both physically keeping him away from other illnesses in his weakened state....... and emotionally I really believe he'd be better off here at home with all of you around him constantly..... He could also have freedom roam the house instead of being stuck in one room. I've got the IV pole at my office and can set it up here,then come by a few times a day to put up a new bag of medication.....:

*looks seriously at Bo now* It would also mean staying in your own bed young man we can't have you getting tangled in the lines and pulling out the IV cause there's noone here to put it back until I come to check on you."

Bo already seemed a little relieved at the thought of staying at home, although he still was deeply uncomfortable with the thought of having yet another needle implanted under his skin. He knew that he needed it to get better, but latley he felt like one huge human pin cushion and he hated it.

Being unable to respond though, he moved his eyes to look up at Luke, trusting him to respond for him.

Luke looks down into Bo's eyes for a moment before looking back at Appleby nodding his own relief evident in his voice.

"We'll do whatever it takes Doc.........Bo here will be the model patient."

*giving Bo a look that says I'm sticking my neck out for you so your going to cooperate fully with the Doc*

Amos nods he'd expected this response,when the thought had come to him back in town so had brought the IV pole and medication along with him.

"I'll come out three times a day then and check the IV and change the bags as needed. Jesse if you'll help me I kind of suspected this was the way things would turn out so I brought the stuff along and it's in my car."

Bo could do nothing to express the gratitude he felt towards the three people in the room, but he would be sure to tell them when he got the chance.

Jesse smiled, seeing the relief in Bo's eyes and nodded at Amos as they headed out the room to go to his car and get the equipment.

"Thank you...for all of this Amos...how much did you want for all of this?"

Luke looked at Bo with a knowing smile of the gratitude in Bo's eyes. Winking at Bo he tells him

"Just get well that's thanks enough for me."

Amos claps a hand on Jesse's shoulder smiling at his old friend. Knowing just how much this all really meant to the family.

"Seeing that boy of yours well and tearing around Hazzard again will be payment enough Jesse...... Although a bowl of your crawdad bisque would be a welcomed bonus."

Bo, although unable to smile blinked once at Luke, letting him know he understood and would try his damndest.

Jesse smiled gratefully at his old friend, picking up the last of the equipment and carrying it back into the house.

"As soon as Bo's better, I'll be sure to send you a good couple of pots."

Amos smiles at Jesse as they take the equipment into the boy's room and begin putting the pole together. Once that's done Doc positions the pole next to the bed as he gets the chair he'd used the night before placing it next to Luke's bed,laying the IV needle package on the nightstand.

"Ok Bo I know your not real happy about being poked again and I'd rather not do it but that can't be helped.....so which hand do you want it in?.....That determines which side of the bed the pole gets placed on."

Luke closes his eyes briefly he's dreading this almost as much as Bo. He doesn't want to hold Bo still anymore while he's being poked with a needle.