Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

B.L. smiles greatfully,having seen just how rough it can get as the night goes on, only having been there in relative safety with the boys,Cooter or her brother L.B.

"Thanks Daisy, I'll get used to it I know but if things get too busy holler and I'll help ya wait tables. I ain't afraid ta be roughed up a little I can take care of myself that guy just caught me off guard."

Jesse draws in a shuddering breath swallowing hard before speaking.

"I'm so sorry I hurt ya Bo. I should practice what I'm always preachin about controllin ya temper. Can ya ever forgive me."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She smiled gently at her friend.

"It's alright, don't worry bout it. We'll get Bo and Luke in here yer first couple o'times waitin' tables and they'll help ya build up yer confidence, that's how I learnt. Till then, just stick to behind the bar."

Bo frowned slightly, squeezing Jesse's hand.

"Well o'course I do. It wasn't yer fault, my knees have out is all. I deserve a good switchin' after everythin' I put y'all through...."

B.L. grins,thinking of just what the boys did that built up Daisy's confidence with those two there was just never no telling.

"Ok"

As a crowd comes in the door she heads back to the bar slipping behind it and softly singing 'ring of fire' by Johhny Cash with the juke box.

Jesse smiles with relief that things are still ok between him and Bo as he gently pulls the Bo into a hug careful not to hurt his back. whispering

"Deserved or not I shouldn't have you'd just been outta the hospital for a day."

Jesse and Luke exchange a look,this sounds like Bo they all know. Jesse gives thanks that it seems Bo's coming back to them completely not just recovering from his illness.

"I'm glad ta hear ya say that Bo, I was afraid we's in for a battle everytime ya got told to do somethin and I just wasn't gonna put up with that. I love ya too much ta let ya do stupid things just cos it suited ya at the time."

Luke sighs hoping things will be more normal now. Getting up he picks up the 'shine and the other medical things going to put them away,giving Bo and Jesse a few minutes alone. As he returns his stomach gives a grumble reminding him he nor Bo has eaten since breakfast.

"Hey Bo how about somethin' to eat?"

"Well I'll let you boys do that,while I fix us somethin to eat"

Jesse says this as he prepares to leave the room. Seeing Luke has things under control he goes to the kitchen making them each a sandwich,Bo needs to eat before taking his antibiotics.

Luke grins at Bo as he sits the stuff back down

"If ya sit up and scoot to the edge of the bed so's I can sit behind ya I can do a better job. *winks* I'll fix tha bandage so's the girls'll feel sorry for ya and won't hafta stick the tape to ya skin."

When Bo's sitting on the edge of the bed Luke sits indian style behind him,putting the salve on before taking the roll of gauze wrapping them around Bo rather than just making a bandage only big enough to cover the welt. After wrapping the gause three or four times he tapes the end to the rest of the gauze.

Bo watched as Jesse left, feeling happier now that he knew Uncle Jesse was happy and that Luke wasn't mad at him for pulling away earlier.

As Luke tended to his injury, he couldn't help but wince and arch slightly but forced himself to stay as still as possible, fighting back the urge to run away again.

When Luke was done he turned round slightly and smiled at him,.

"Thanks Luke..."

Luke gives Bo a deadpan look doing his best to keep a straight face as he pretends to kick Bo in the backside stopping just inches from doing so.

"Funny Bo"

Taking Bo by the arm to help him to the kitchen. Jesse looks at them with a quizzical look as they come in the room as,Luke helps Bo into a chair. Luke idly wonders where Daisy and B.L. got off to,seeing the note laying on the corner of the table he turns it slightly reading.;he had forgotten that Daisy had to work today.

By the time they reached the kitchen, Bo had managed to calm himself enough that he could sit down at the table without bursting into hysteris again everytime he looked at Luke. He couldn't however stop chuckling.

To everyone else it sounded like Bo was giggling, but Bo Duke does not giggle. You tell him he's giggling he gets angry....the last guy to turn round and say he was giggling had wound up out cold on the floor. So it was just safeer for everyone to say he was chuckling.

He watched as Luke read the letter

"Whatcha got there Luke?"

He said while grabbing a couple of sandwhiches and drinking some of his milk.

Luke raises his eyebrows,questioning.

"Especially for a girl like B.L.? Bo she ain't made of china ya know she's been a pretty tough customer the last week or so."

Uncle Jesse reassures Bo though

"She'll be fine Daisy's probably got her sittin on a barstool sippin soda. She's been ta the boars nest with ya'll,Cooter and B.L. lots of times."

Bo grinned at Uncle Jesse.

"I ain't worried bout Daisy, but that's just the point. B.L ain't never gone to the Boar's Nest without me and Luke and sometimes Cooter...she ain't never been there with just Daisy 'afore. I know she ain't made of porcalin but....well I don't know....just bein' protective I guess......"

He trailed off slightly as he realised what he had just done...he had said a good couple of sentences without stopping for breath....

Uncle Jesse and Luke both sit in stunned silence for a minute before Uncle Jesse grins from ear to ear

"Didja hear yourself? Ya just said a mouthful without pausin ta catch ya breath."

Luke smiles happily Bo's getting better each day no matter how small the change,he's finally getting his cousin back whole.

"Don't worry about B.L. like Uncle Jesse said she's probably sittin on a stool sippin soda while Daisy goes back and forth between the bar and waitin tables. It's not like she's gonna start workin' there probably just wanted somethin ta do besides sittin here bored all day."

Bo nodded at Uncle Jesse, grinning wildly. He still wasn't back up to par and he knew it, but he was indeed getting better. Now all he had to do was deal with his defiance problem and he'd be well on the road to getting back to normal.

"I know that Luke....s'just I...I just have a bad feelin' 'bout it is all."

He finished off his second sandwich and finished him milk.

Luke nods uncertainly,not sure if Daisy would CB,she's always telling them she can take care of herself.

"You want me ta go check things out just so ya feel better?"

Jesse shakes his head unnoticeable sometimes he thinks the boys worry about Daisy more than he does now they's worryin about B.L. too.

At the boars nest B.L. things have really gotten busy and B.L. has been to busy pouring drinks to even have given the redhaired guy another thought.