Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Daisy hugged B.L more as her head came off the table and smiled gently at her, agreeing with Luke.

"Yeah, Bo tends to get more cranky than usual when he's tired. He's very nearly given Luke a good smack in the face becaus he's overtired before. Don't worry about it, he'll be up smiling and apologising before too long, you'll see."

As Jesse gently stroked his hair, Bo's face creased gently into a frown and his breathing quickened, his body starting to tremble and a small whimper escaped his throat.

"Luke..."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo gave a small strangled cry, eyes still firmly squeezed shut, his hands clenching the pillow beneath his head.

"No! Uncle jesse get away from here....get away....they're gonna kill ya....kill all o'ya....they got Luke, oh god they got Luke...gotta save him...gotta save him...."

Daisy nodded and was about to say something when she heard Uncle Jesse say something softly. She couldn't make out what it was but she soon heard the small stangled cry come from the room. She looked worridly to Luke, knowing he'd be the one that could shake Bo from a nightmare if Uncle Jesse couldn't...

Uncle Jesse gently takes on of Bo's hands trying to get him to let go of the pillow. Talking calmly and soothingly trying to reassure Bo that it's not real.

"No....it's ok nobody's gonna get killed them fellers is in the pokey in Atlanta and your at home in ya own room in ya own bed. Open your eyes and look fer yerself. Luke's in the kitchen with Daisy and B.L. he's fine."

Luke gave Daisy a brief worried look of his own before quickly turning and making his way down the hall in quick long strides. Squeezing between the wall and Bo's bed. Taking Bo by the shoulders gently but firmly trying to pull him back to reality.

"Bo wakeup it's just a dream I'm right here c'mon now wake up for me. Everything and everybody is ok it's all over now."

Daisy watched him go and sighed gently, knowing that if Luke and Jesse were there then Bo would be alright without her. She looked up at the clock.

"Oh dang, I gotta get movin' or I'm gonna be late fer work. Ya gonna come B.L?"

Bo gripped his pillow tighter, sobbing as Jesse's hand lay itself over his, as though he were clinging to something.

"NO! HE's gone....Uncle Jesse he's dead Uncle Jesse! I couldn't save him."

As Luke gently pulled on his shoulders he tried to break away.

"Don't take ma away from him now....let me go with him! Let me go with him!"

B.L. nods standing and pushing her chair under the table

"Sure I may even help out if ya need me won't that surprise Boss"

Uncle Jesse continues to talk to Bo in the same calm soothing voice while look tries to wake him.

"Luke's ok it's him that's got hold of ya. You did save him remember ya jumped on that truck roof and caused it to off the road then tha state police carted 'em off to Atlanta."

Luke pulled on Bo's shoulders more firmly until Bo is leaning against him. While holding Bo with one hand he tries to wrench the pillow from his younger cousin's grip. Using his marine voice to try and get through,while lightly tapping Bo's cheek.

"BO it's ok I'm right here open your eyes and look at me now!"

Daisy nodded, hearing Luke's voice getting louder and looking back towards the bedroom, before getting to her feet and grabbing the keys to Dixie.

"Come on then, we'll see what kinda state the Boar's Nest's in today."

She quickly scribbled a note to Jesse, Luke and Bo telling them where she and B.L were if they needed her and started towards the door.

Bo cried out again as his back lightly bruhed Luke and Luke tried to wrench the pillow more from his grasp. he flung one arm out wildly, trying to get whoever it was who was pulling what he thought was Luke away from him. He missed Luke however and very nearly sent his fist crashing into the small bedside cabinet beside his bed, just missing it.

B.L. notices the worried look on her friend's face as she follows Daisy out to Dixie.

"Don't look so worried"

Luke looks up at Uncle Jesse with a frown they have to get Bo awake before he hurts himself. Knowing only one other thing to try.

"Uncle Jesse can ya get me some water"

Jesse stands heading for the door

"Sure Luke"

Jesse goes to the kitchen getting a glass and filling it halfway with water then notices the note left by Daisy. Picking it up and reading quickly before laying it down again and returning to the bedroom with the water.

"Here ya are Luke"

Luke looks up at Uncle Jesse then back down at Bo

"You may not like what I'm about to say but it's the only way I can think of wakin him up before he hurts himself."

Jesse nods he's willing to do whatever Luke says if it'll bring Bo back to them from the nightmare.

"Throw it in his face it should startle him awake."

Jesse frowns but does as Luke says before sitting the empty glass on the nightstand by the bed.

Daisy nodded and sighed, getting into Dixie

"I can't help it....he's been through so much and yet it still affects him now."

She jumped into Dixie and revved the engine, waiting for B.L.

Bo jerked awake as the cold water hit his face, tears streaming panting hard and whimpering looking wildly around him.

B.L. gets in the passenger side of Dixie smiling reassuringly as they pull out of the driveway.

"I know but he's made major improvements in just a short while, he'll be back to terrorizing Rosco before we know it."

Uncle Jesse leans up in his chair wiping away the tears with his thumbs as Luke holds onto to Bo.

"Bo you's ok ya at home in your own room. Uncle Jesse's right here and they ain't nothin gonna hurt ya boy I promise."

Luke squeezes Bo's shoulders supportively so Bo knows he's there too

"S' ok Bo me 'n Uncle Jesse are here with ya just try and calm down cousin get yer breath back."

Daisy laughed and pulled away in Dixie, making quick time in getting to the Boar's Nest, smiling as cheers and whoops erupted as the girls walk in.

Bo shuddered and wiped the water and sweat away from his face, still shaking violently and cuddling into Luke, despite the pain in his back, calming more at Jesse and Luke's words.

B.L. giggles quietly as she and Daisy weave their way through the crowd to the bar.

"I think you've been missed around here."

Luke felt Bo still shuddering violently although he seemed to be calming down some. As Bo cuddled in just a little closer Luke held him just a little tighter knowing that Bo's back probably hurt but it was obvious that Bo needed the reassuring hold more so than trying not to cause pain in his back.

"It's s'alright now Bo,ya wanna talk about it?"

Jesse stepped from the room long enough to get a wet washcloth from the bathroom to wash away the sweat drenching Bo's face as he and Luke still tried to calm the young man.

Daisy laughed too as she made her way behind the bar.

"Well what did you expect, without me all they's got to serve 'em beer is ol' Charlie here."

She playfully and gently slapped Charlie the bartender on the arm before giving him a swift hug and then motioning for B.L to come behind too.

"C'mon, its simple. You seen me do this 'afore right?"

Bo shuddered again as all the images of his dream kept rolling through his head. For now he didn't think he could even speak let alone recount the whole thing to Jesse and Luke. As he still tried to calm himself down, he reached over, one hand letting go of the pillow and finding Jesse's, although the other hand still kept a death grip on the pillow.

B.L. grins at Charlie having known him ever since she'd been old enough to come to the Boars Nest

"You have a point there"

B.L. slips behind the bar beside Daisy

"I think I can get the hang of it pretty quick. I waited tables at the Cafe in Coreyville for about a year when I was still in highschool so I can do that too."

Jesse grasps the hand in his own gently running his fingers over the back. Watching and waiting patiently for Bo to calm down while reassuring him that he was ok. Luke didn't press for details when Bo didn't speak just continued to hold him close.

Daisy smiled and quickly showed B.L the ropes before heading over to the tables and starting her work.

Gradually the shaking subsided and Bo clamed down a little more his grip on the pillow not loosening any though. His breathing however was back to the normality that was expected and he gently squeezed Uncle Jesse's hand back.

B.L. was soon in the swing of things behind the bar even managing to get a few tips.

Luke loosened his grip ever so slightly when Bo's breathing returned to what was normal for now and the shaking had stopped. Neither he nor Uncle Jesse try to get Bo to let go of the pillow it's as if he's holding onto a lifeline his grip is so tight on it.

Daisy smiled as she walked back to the bar, pleased to see that B.L was settling into the role very quickly.

"You know I don't know why you don't work here, you'd be great."

Bo gently looked up with tear stained eyes to Luke as he loosened his grip, feeling the pain surge across his back but showing no indication that he even knew he had a deep welt there. The dream had been so life like, the feeling of having a dying Luke in his arms all to real, all to terrifying. And yet here he was, holding him like he always had done, and so was Uncle Jesse.

He sighed gently still keeping his grip on the pillow just to have something to hold in his arms, like it was the only thing keeping Luke alive even though he knew it wasn't.

B.L. looks up smiling after filling a mug with beer before handing it to the waiting customer.

"You really think so?"

Looking back into the tear stained eyes Luke smiles reassuringly

"See everything's ok I'm here and Uncle Jesse's here, those no good rats is in the pokey. Ya got nothin to worry about on my word as a Duke."

Daisy smiled.

"Well yeah, we make a good team! You should ask Boss...that is of course as long as you don't mind wearin' shorts."

She raised an eyebrow at her, smiling.

Bo looked into Luke's deep blue eyes and knew that he wasn't lying, he really was safe and he knew it. He nodded at Luke and gave a small smile of thanks before turning to Jesse and repeating the action, and yet he still refused to let go of the pillow he clung to.

"We do make a pretty good team huh....I just might ask Boss when we're done here."

Smiles back with just a hint of something in her eye

"Nah don't mind wearin' shorts, just Mama never approved so when I was with you on the weekends is the only time I wore 'em."

Jesse and Luke both return the smile with a squeeze of reassurance before Luke looks over Bo's shoulder at Jesse,they still need to tend to the welt on Bo's back to prevent infection, and while he's clinging to the pillow Luke figures will give him something to hang on to while it's being done. Uncle Jesse leaves the room once again this time returning with shine (for disinfecting) and some bandages and ointment. placing them on the bed next to Luke. Luke gently lays Bo back on the bed before uncovering his back.

"We got to clean and dress ya back,so's it don't get infected."

Pouring some shine onto a cloth Luke gently dabs the welt as Jesse holds Bo's hand.

Daisy laughed and was about to reply when she got a couple of calls from a table. She smiled apologetically before walking over to them.

As soon as the 'shine touched his back, Bo jerked sharply, crying out and turning his back away from Luke.

"No! Luke stop it! That hurts please stop it...."

Now he was determined not to let Luke or Uncle Jesse get at his back. He knew they were only trying to help and tried to resist the temptation to leap off the bed and run somewhere else, anywhere where they wouldn't get at his back. He was however, positioned in a way so that they couldn't get to his back eaisly and he could bolt as soon as they tried it again.

B.L. shrugs understandingly as she heads in the opposite direction to wipe off a couple recently emptied tables,readying them for more customers. A big red haired man grabbing her by the waist pulling her onto his lap. Caught by surprise at first but then B.L. steps hard on his foot before slamming an elbow into his stomach,quickly cleaning off the tables and going back to the relative safety behind the bar.

Jesse's eyes fill with tears as Bo jerks and cries out knowing he's the cause of his nephew's pain is almost more than he can stand. Swallowing the lump in his throat that's choking him Uncle Jesse tries to soothe Bo.

Luke sits the jar of shine on the floor next to his feet the cloth over the top,satisfied that the welt is clean enough.

"S'alright Bo I quit. Just lemme put some salve and bandages on it ok? I promise ta leave ya 'lone after that."

Luke hating to see the pain in Bo's face swallows the lump in his own throat.

Daisy watched as B.L fought the guy off with ease but quickly darted back behind the bar. She'd been like that the first time a guy had grabbed her, she'd just have to get Bo and Luke round here the first couple of times when B.L started working to help her through it for a little while. Having them there built up her confidence until she could fight well enough on her own. She smiled encouragingly at her from across the room and quickly got back to serving.

Bo shook his head, biting his bottom lip.

"No...no way I don't want anyone touchin' it....don't come near it...."

He was sensible enough to know not to tell Luke and Jesse to stay away from him. He wanted them both there, he needed to be reassured that they were indeed safe.

B.L. shakily returned the smile,serving a couple beers to some guys at the bar. Mentally shaking herself and chiding herself for hiding behind the bar afterall Daisy dealt with that sort of thing on a daily basis. Seeing Daisy busy and another table of customers needing waited on, B.L. squared her shoulders going to the table purposely avoiding the redhaired bully. Having checked on a few more tables while serving B.L. felt a little more confident but still avoiding the guy.

Luke holds up his hands nodding

"Ok Bo that'll hold ya,it just needed cleaning mostly so's not to get infected. I ain't gonna touch it nomore."

Jesse smooths Bo's hair from his face before letting his hand come to rest on Bo's cheek.

Daisy came over as B.L wiped tables and gently whispered.

"It's alright, i've had more practise than ya. We'll get you confident at this in no time, fer now just stick to servin' behind the bar, its gonna get a whole lot rougher in here before long."

Bo nodded gratefully to Luke, closing his eyes for a breif moment as he collected himself, looking over to Jesse as his hand rested on his cheek.

"Uncle Jesse....what's a matter?"